Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stories by Mikie........

n/t

Mikie. Funny the things you will do when young and need money. The logging one sounds like the more dangerous for sure. I did one similar on a bridge they were cutting down. The dismantlement started non union so they were just cutting them with the torch and letting them drop in the river. When a few of the deep draft oil boats come up they touched a few of them so that was the end of dropping them in the water. We came in to finish the job and also get all the ones on the bottom. The water was clear being late November but what a mess. Iron against iron moves easy and fast. We got it don't with no one getting hurt but you were on your toes start to finish. That was the only time I got to dive while working as and Ironworker other than grabbing lobsters after work for the gan.

Sure don't sound like the sewer line was to enjoyable. You were smart in using and old suit you could get rid of...
George-CT

Every time that a log was pulled out, the water got dirtier and the wholr pattern of the sunken logs changed. So any memory of how the logs looked was destroyed with each haul.

The seage job...... I do not think that there is enough money to have me do that these days. :):

thanks for taking the time

Fair winds

Micheal;

I have never swam with turds :D

Interesting buddy. 750 dives or so and never had a disgusting job.

By the way. You said you had an odd beer. What is an odd beer. Skunky beer???:razz:

n/t

body.....even knowing what you were looking for surely shocked you when you found it. But I had to laugh a bit when you "found yourself in some deep do-do!" :rofl:

n/t

Some years ago I was fishing in S. Louisiana, in the swampland, with a cousin of mine. We had a Cajun guide & were fishing out of a pirogue, I asked the Cajun if we were in danger of tipping over. He said "No, man--this the steadiest boat in all South Louisiana, You keep that seegar in the middle of you mouth an' we be all right." I spotted what looked like a number of cypress logs floating in the water around us. I mentioned to my cousin that we might gather up the logs & sell them. He said "Them ain't logs." I was looking at gators from12 to 15 feet long.

We were fishing for 'saddleblanket flounder.' Saddleblanket flounder are found only in the brackish water where the sea meets the fresh water. These are flounder 4 to 5 feet long & that wide as well. They're great eating & 1 will feed 4 to 6 people. Unfortunately, you also find sawfish there & a sawfish can make a mess of your catch--or your boat, if it's not made of metal. They won't bother a pirogue, which is basically a hollow log, but they will attack a wooden or fiberglas boat. They shy off of aluminum or steel boats.

n/t

Went to Blue river again and met my son there. It is a pretty long drive [around 300 miles] but the chance to see my son makes it all worthwhile. I did not realize just how far it was and kept wondering if I had somehow missed the turnoff. Eventually I found the place and in we went. Found our son there and got suited up. He went to one diving board, I to the other and we had at the bottom with the blasters.

We did keep finding a large quantity of money with the odd item of jewelry thrown in for good measure. I killed two tanks before I decided to put all my effort into one area rather than blow all over. I donned my third [and last tank I had with me that day] and hit one area under a dive board. The area was approximately a picnic table size.

Once I got through the semi-hard mud bottom, things really started to show up. At days end, we had over $80.00 in change, 9 watches [of which these four are the best, 14 sunglasses [all junk except this one], one gold chain, 3 silver chains 12 earrings [gold and silver] and a determination to come back, possibly this year] to really hit it hard in one area.

[attachment 136392 blue-river-006.jpg]

Interesting thing about one one of the watches. The yellow faced one [a Nixon] has the days of the week in either Spanish or Italian. Hard to tell when only three letters show. The others are a Rip Curl [a surfers watch] a Cardinal and a Tag Heuer. The sunglasses, while ugly, are Smiths... made in France and retailing for around $175.00. The gold chain is 14k.

Next time... even more. :):

fair winds

Micheal

Do those watches still work and can they be cleaned up where they can be worn again? I think this is a neat way to treasure hunt. Enjoyed the story, thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The Nixon is the more unusual of them all due to the language thing.

Fair winds

Micheal

n/t

shallow water, three tanks! Lotta time in the water that would be! Glad to hear you found a good spot!
How about recharging the scoot?

n/t

That scoot sweeper mode works very well for you Mikie. You got the spots, the gear, now you just need the time. Got to be some high end jewelry there somewhere. I wish I could say I've been in the water this year, but like you, limited time right now. This has been a nice week with 3 days in the 90's so folks were out. If we get a cool one or windy or rain, I will make time to hit a couple of fresh water swimming beaches that get used. Nice collection of watches there. That Nixon one sounds real interesting.

Good Job....

George-CT

Looking forward to trying again.. Today... well, we did basil, spinach,peas, and beans. Tomorrow.. rhubarb, carrots,corn oregano and probably thyme.

Sometimes this retirement is not all it is cracked up to be. :):

but like you said, being with my son was the best of all.

Fair winds

Micheal