Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stories by Mikie........

equipment around 1965. I had always been a water buffalo,growing up on the Bass River, right behind our house. My Dad's Lobsterboat was moored in the channel, We would either swim to it, or row our Amesbury Dorys. My equipment had an Aqualung? dual hose, the old style wet suit, that ripped easy,but with glue and powder, managed to save it. A friend taught me some lessons, and we were off to the Quarrys in Rockport Mass., where all the kids went swimming, My Target was the quarry with cars piled up under the water.... But that is another story. Got another memory now of my first swim with the wetsuit, also for later... Thanks for jarring those thoughts!:thumbup:

made your "kid size" tank. Your story brought back memories of how we would work and save for something we considered worthwhile to have...collecting bottles along the road, loading hay in the fields, looking for stray calves, and etc. Your diving stories are always interesting and enjoyable reading, this one being no exception. Thanks for sharing. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

popular Mechanics had a rig that I dreamed of making but in hindsight I would not have been setting at this computer if I had. It was a manual thing with to coffee cans that made a pump and you had to have a buddy pumping it manually as you descended into the deep. A thrill to dream about but stupid.

I was in my 20's when I first did dive and loved it. I made many hundreds of dives, many trips to the dive shop to get refills, I never had a compressor like you do but once I started metal detecting I bought a hookah and prefer that. No tank and 4 hours of down time.

You were in it pretty young. Now days I think you have to be 14 or 15 to take lessons and without them you can not get tanks filled. My youngest daughter was certified at 10 but it was because I helped with the lessons and they knew she would not dive without me there.

That was rough diving with the two hose regulator. I had one but when I started the single hose was available and as you know, a much better choice. Back then under water photographers sometimes prefer ed the double hose as there was not any bubble problem, they vented at the back of the head, at least on mine it did.

Thanks for the memories Mike

n/t

n/t

Almost everyone has, at one time or another, had a job that was less than enjoyable. I can remember one of my summer jobs working in a pulp mill at Harmac, on Vancouver Island. My official job description was

n/t

Hey Mikie,

I've seen that line in other posts and it may be one of the buttons on the keyboard, but I couldn't tell you which one as I don't know what half of them do!

Those jobs were horrible to a youngster, but pretty good "Life/Learning" experiences.

You found early on just what you were made of Friend and it has allowed you to have a more meaningful (to you) life.

Those experiences have helped make you who you are and I for one am grateful for that!

Best Wishes to You and Your Lady,

CJ

n/t

referring to the job at Harmac, did you forget to mention that about 2.40 per hour in those days (you ol fart:biggrin:) was quite a bit more than the average "gofer" got?;)

Buddy i can't even imagine doing any of those jobs cause i know just enough about diving to be terrified at the thought!:surprised:

n/t

I do not think that I would have wanted to look for the break in that sewer pipe. When reading the part about the sunken logs...I came to the quick conclusion that had to be extemely dangerous work. Mike, this was a very enjoyable story...thanks for sharing it. Kelley (Texas) :)

you hit ALT F5 to put it in and the same to cancel. If your too late, i dunno:biggrin: Its fixed:thumbup:

n/t

n/t

n/t