Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY DAD AND A BIT OF FAMILY HISTORY I"M PROUD TO SHARE!! .........all fine family stories by Cupajo combined........

PS

I can.t recall if Dad ever made the crossing to fish and camp on that wonderful strip of sand after that. He was so badly bruised and exhausted that it would be weeks later before he could resume his usual routine. He and Mom travelled a lot during those years, all the way to Nevada and back, following Dad's work in construction.

Cupajo

But I think that generation , by mere definition, had to be. Depression, war, hard times...... you had to make do for yourself. This applied to your whole life.

fair winds

Mikie

In truth, my Friends, we are all survivors!

Else we wouldn't, many of us seniors, be here writing and reading these posts!

I view most of these stories as being testaments to the human spirit that I have been privileged to witness and share with you.

Later I will write the story of what had to be the most challenging ordeal Dad ever faced.

Many thanks for your interest and kind comments,

Cupajo

A very wise man once said that we are who we are as a result of what we have experienced in life.

Also that our decisions can have a profound affect on the outcome.

Also that we are always where we are supposed to be, doing what we are supposed to be doing. toward that end!

I agree completely!

All I have had to do, to come to this conclusion myself, is to take a good look at where I started, and where I am today.

Best to you Friends,

Cupajo

Here in south Texas it is common to see in small towns people raising Fighting Birds, they will have theses tee pee looking houses for each bird, they tie them up to this little tee pee and you might see 50 of them in a back yard. Beautiful Birds they are, I read about bust sometimes when these big dog fights and Cock fights take place. The Feds took in like 50 our more people with more than 400 thousand dollars in cash, plus a lot of drugs last year. What people will do to have so called fun or sports. I see one of these yards when I go to the Deer lease. You know to have one, you got to be watched by the Feds, I guess some people just don't care. I see all the fights in the wild with the Green Jays and other birds fighting over feed, but there not out to kill each other, just show who the boss is.