Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

METERS ARE USELESS..STAY WHERE YOU_R_TESORO

Not a problem. I think you and Chet would like each other and the post just got a little off course.Chet is a good person too.

It's sometimes hard to post a message and get your true meaning over to the other person.Thats all that happened here a little misunderstanding.

A thought from me."The best detector is the one in your hand". Metered non metered, their all detectors. Just a matter of what one likes.:blowup:

after reading nearly all of the comments posted,i like meters that tell you the approximate depth of the target.i 'm not really into waving the coil over the target like a witch doctor hoping all will become clearer as time ,march's on.it beeps,i dig,hoping it's not the start of another journey to the centre of the earth.i twiddle and fiddle the vaquero to dig only shallow targets.i am not really interested in who might have dropped their granddaddies false teeth in the ground .i'm here ,now ! now targets are my thing! i couldn't give a fig nuttant what happened two hundred years or more ago.after reading all the in fighting,why don't you ask america's favorite tv show for or against ie "the myth busters",for a solution.:rofl: blowfly hh

I think this one has about run it's course. It's been fun. Now lets start a new one, Which is better Ford or Chevy?

n/t

Hombre said:
I am still here Honey,looks like I really started something...

Candycane,We need more post like yours.Look at the VIEWS & POST compared to all the other's..Meter's are good for people who have a disability..Other then that,they are useless..I have noticed that the one's who claim they need a meter are to %&$#@!* lazy to dig.....

Meter's are good for people who have a disability..Other then that,they are useless..I have noticed that the one's who claim they need a meter are to %&$#@!* lazy to dig.....

I'd have to agree. I don't NEED a meter any more than I NEED an air conditioner in my car. Yes I do prefer one, but I've own a few nice cars that has no AC and they drove just fine.

Meters are fantastic. Anybody who doesnt think they are needed has a hole in their head.

I use zero discrimination in parks. The meter ID's iron and coins accurately. The depth gauge is a nice thing. When the meter tells me the target is a pulltab or foil I still dig, but the meter is right 99.95% of the time because rarely are they gold rings. Pieces of chopped cans are the worst, they show up anywhere on the meter. Overall, I like having the target ID and the depth gauge to glance at.

:detecting: Hmmmm I have a top of the line Metered detector (not Tesoro). I won't mention the name as this is a Tesoro Forum. Now having said that, I use my Tesoro Vaquero much more that the Metered unit. Hmmmm I guess I have a hole in my head. Noooo the V finds small pieces of jewelry (on land) much better than any other detector I have used and I have used a bunch. I have tested it time and time again and the metered unit won't even detect a lot of small pieces of jewelry that I have found with my Tesoros when they are buried. I have a close friend that has a different name top of the line metered machine than mine and is thinking about getting a Tesoro for this very reason. Now having said that, my metered machine is a great coin shooter and has a very accurate meter. Oh yes there is one more thing, my V will read a good target much closer to a nail, than my metered machine. (much faster response time) Bill in Texas :tesoro:

:tesoro::argue: Man, I can't set here and not dive into this debate!! I tell ya I've used quite a few TID machines. When I first started I really leaned on them and trusted them. And guess what I still like them! But something happened last summer that opened up a new reality for me. I purchased a Vaquero and it took me to school, this little machine goes detecting all the time. I can't find a good excuse not to take it to the field! It's that good! When it gives a solid repeatable I go for it and it delivers the goods. That being said I take my Cortez out quite a lot and enjoy coin shooting with it. Regardless of what is said I find the meter quite enjoyable. But one thing is for sure regardless of the meter if it's a good strong signal with tight defined borders I dig. That lesson has been instilled in me by my good ole Vaquero. But as all of you know there are portions of the meter that define a target and if you are used to the pattern it presents it can tell what the target is. The key is knowing the meter like the back of your hand. So what ever machine you have, get out there and make it happen!

RELIC_HUNTER said:
Candycane,We need more post like yours.Look at the VIEWS & POST compared to all the other's..Meter's are good for people who have a disability..Other then that,they are useless..I have noticed that the one's who claim they need a meter are to %&$#@!* lazy to dig.....

LOL. I have a park where you would be digging junk for the rest of your life! No one NEEDS a metal detector! They WANT one.

Guy's and Girl's,I have to give myself credit,the forum was getting dull,same old question's about the same old machine's...I thought maybe a little insult would spice the forum up,it worked.....