Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

METERS ARE USELESS..STAY WHERE YOU_R_TESORO

Hay ZD,

Has your MXT paid for itself?

Ain't no way I'm gonna lug a bohemoth like tha MXT around. Forget that.

Besides with tha Euro and Vaquero, why would I want an MXT???

That don't make sense.

You need more swing time on tha Compadre. You assement is way off.

I don't have tot lots that produce well in my area. That's in tha past.

I got five now MD's now.

Vaquero
9X8, 5.75

I do not have an MXT, and it would have found everything that you have found so far. So, you would have paid for it already, right? Guys may go behind you and do pretty good also. No one knows what they missed, because they MISSED it! I do not blame you bout the weight thing, those Tesoros are light! For never trying an MXT, you certainly can't say a Euro or Vaquero is better! I do not need a run down of the $755,000 of gold you have found. That's your locations more than any detector. In conclusion, you use what works for you, and you ENJOY using. Just don't get the idea that top end detectors you have never tried before are not as good. Well, that's about it for me. I am going to go back to lurking and not posting. You win. Have fun finding more gold, and stay away from overpriced detectors!

[size=medium]I would not have done well with tha MXT because of tha weight.

A dust collector may be expensive, but that doesn't make it

work. Tha V and tha Euro accomplished what tha MXT can not.

I guess with you being aexpert on tha Compadre and Euro and

tha MXT, I will go along with tha features and bells & whistles.

Tha Tesoro'es just don't have um.

I would love ta have tha good features of tha MXT and not tha

bad. That is a pipe dream. As long as tha bad out weighs tha

good, then it's a worse choice.

Ya can argue just like those that said I couldn't find stuff there.

If I listen, then I'm defeated at tha get go. It's my hobby and I

make it work well for me.

By tha way, tha Compadre is more machine than all tha high

end guys know.

Thay always comment on what thay do not know.

It's funny to me.

Like I said, it's 90% hunter and 10% machine.

I put my 2 cents in where it works for me.

If I had bought tha MXT, I would have sold it for a loss. It would

have taken me that much longer to find a good machine for me.

Or even worse, it would may have caused me to just give up.

But, it would not have found didley.

I had to use trial and error, until I found tha forums.

I spent a lot of money. I went through 4 machines with displays.

People said thay worked as good as you say tha good machines

work. Tha odds of gettin tha right machine right off is a terrible

bet. You get better odds at any gambling table. That's a loosing

bet for most. It just is.

You can say to do your home work. But look at tha people that

are new and what thay do. Few are interested in home work.

That may be their falt, but who wants to point fingers here?

I see that happening right now and ever sense I been on tha

forum.

Don't get me wrong, it happens to tha BH and tha Tesoro guys

as well. But it doesn't seem so sad:cry:

It's not because tha machine didn't work well enough.

It's because tha hunter didn't work well enough.

HH,

Tabdog[/size]

"Thay always comment on what thay do not know.

It's funny to me."

Then start laughing at yourself because you said.....

"But, it would not have found didley." (Referring to the MXT)

You are commenting on something that you do not know?!?!?!

Good gosh, what a contradiction.

I could have bought several Mopeds for the price I paid for my motorcycle, and they would have gotten me to work just as well. I could have bought several GEO's for the price I paid for my pickup. I could have bought several trailer houses for the price I paid for my house. Not everyone cares to have the bare essentials. I like a little luxury in my life.

:argue: Hmmmm, I thought this was a Tesoro forum. I have a top of the Line Detector (not Tesoro) with a Target ID meter and I like it. I also have a Tesoro Vaquero and I like it. I find that for the kind of hunting I do most of the time I like the light weight and very fast Lighting response of the V. Does that mean that I don't like the much more expensive machine that I have, no not at all and I use it for certain types of hunting. I have not taken offence to anything that Tabdog has said because he likes a certain type of detector and hunting. Hey its a free county and everybody has a right to a opinion. I only would wish that everybody enjoyed the sport as much as Tabdog does. I feel a-kin to anybody that is a MD-er and accept them as a fellow hunter. I don't accept Tesoro as being in the dark ages, they are fine machines as are the other detectors being sold today. Some hunters like one kind and some like another, that's life. Bill in Texas with Tesoro, Garrett and Minelab detectors -- PS I also have had Whites, Fisher, BH, Compass, Wilson, Jetco and several others.

Sorry, guys. I can't resist this one. Haven't you noticed the ads? Why they show that valuable coin just 1/2" below where the detection signal on your detectors quits. And if you would just go ahead and spend that extra money, not only would you pick it up, but you would know what it is beforehand. :rofl:

YA slingshot, those always crack me up.

Really I believe we're all just having some fun. Obviously a meter is only "useless" to someone who doesn't use them. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a detector that can find good stuff. You do generally need to spend more money to get a better optioned detector, which in turn can net more finds, but in many situations even a basic detector will do just fine. A meter is just a matter of personal preference.

It's OK Bill.

Thay are jealous.

Thay spent too much money on their hobby,

like everthing else and can't find diddly.

I don't have to haul some metal detectin

behemoth around just because some over

consumers say so.

Thay should go some where else to run

down tha hobby. Thay should have better taste

than to come on tha Tesoro forum and try to

run down Tesoro metal detectors.

Thay should grow up.

That's my opinion,

Tabdog

Jealous? I could sell one of my metered detectors and buy 2 non metered ones if that was my choice. Key word being choice. I don't restrict my roaming to an one forum area. I hit Recent Messages and see what everyone is doing. I saw the, in my opinion, ludicrous subject of "METER ARE USELESS" and just wanted to give my opinion on the subject. To me it's like saying a TV emote control is useless. Sure you don't need one, and I'm sure some people feel intimidated by them, but useless? Hardly.

I'm not putting down Tesoro detectors or any detector for that fact. Heck I know Tesoro's are better than many out there. A lot of people read these posts and we all need to take into consideration that just because you think a meter is useless, is it the best advice to give everyone?

Tabdog, you need to learn how to read posts more closely. What Southwind said is spot on. "I saw the, in my opinion, ludicrous subject of "METER ARE USELESS" and just wanted to give my opinion on the subject." Also " I'm not putting down Tesoro detectors or any detector for that fact. Heck I know Tesoro's are better than many out there. A lot of people read these posts and we all need to take into consideration that just because you think a meter is useless, is it the best advice to give everyone?"

You are worse than the "snobs" that own high end detecors and brag. You own a less expensive detector, and have an area of playgrounds that have never been hit before. That's called very fortunate. Be humble. Not a braggart. The one who really needs to grow up is you. You spent over $1800. That's not too much I guess? LOL

Hey Tabdog,

You are the tot lot king.

I'm not jealous of your finds but I'm definitely in awe.

I always enjoy your posts and you could give a clinic on taking good pictures.

But I have gone over to "the dark side"

My Cibola that I named Annie has moved and is happily residing on the other side of the pond.

She left me in good financial condition, returning over 90% of what I originally gave her to come stay with me.

The divorce was amiable and my memories of her are fond, but I've moved on.

That's right, all my hunting now is with a metered machine.

I have to admit I like it. :devil:

Please don't hate me.

I don't dis like metered detectors.

I never said anything about Whites except thay are heavy.

I think metered detectors are great.

I don't know why people brow beat me because I choose to

run Tesoro'es.

I have found most of my gold rings in hunted out parks.

You can run me down and say it was easy and any body

could do it.

Bull !!!!!

I have a town that is hard to hunt.

Everybody here thinks it is hopeless.

If you think it's easy, I dare you ta come down here and

see how you do.

My wife has passed away. I am dissabled and a single

parent. Two teen aged boys. I am on a small fixed income

and have my 95 year old mother ta take care of.

Can I help it if I'm jellious of people who have money ta burn.

I have ta find stuff and sell it ta afford my machines.

Why should I not be proud.

If you come on tha Tesoro forum and say that tha

metaldetectors arn't good.

Then say it's gotta be a Whites ta be good.

Bull. Go SLUM SOME where els.

Just because it doesn't cost much money doesn't mean it''s

a bad detector.

I'm not tha one drivin tha big 4 wheel drives and flanting tha

most expensive detectors.

Thay have money. Thay can brag about thar detectors.

I'll brag about my finds.

I guess that makes me a snob.

But I will tell you one thing.

I'm Peter Pan in my mind and I will never grow up.

I'm still a kid out playin in tha dirt.

HH,

Tabdog

Just my take.

If you come on here and say things like

But I bet if you started out with a GOOD metered detector, you would
have never even THOUGHT of touching a beep and dig!

And then start pushing Whites and sayin how much better thay are.

Well I heard about how good BH, Garrett, Minlab and so on and so on.

That's fine, but to come slummin and try to one up on us because we

are un-knowing.

Bull.

Some knowledgable detectorist use all different kinds of detectors.

To come down here and suggest that our detectors don't compare.

Bull.

If I had tried what he said, it would be collectin dust just too heavy.

Why am I tha snob.

This is a hard town ta hunt.

Everybody here thinks there's no good huntin here.

You guys say I got it easy.

No.

I dare you ta come down here and find stuff.

I just find stuff.

Why should I not be proud.

I don't go on Whites forum and tell them thay got it wrong

and tell them to use a Tesoro.

That would be , not nice.

Now why am I tha one who is in tha wrong. What spacifically

did I do?

Or are you just taking a shot because you are jellious?

HH,

Tabdog

your buttons, just to get a reaction out of you, they must be bored or sumthin. Maybe they need to get out from behind a computer screen and find something for change? I don't post much, I'd rather be detectin anyways, I started detectin before all the detectin forums started, did'nt even know about them until last year. It don't mean a thing, what other people think, just do your own thing.............Hombre

But I bet if you started out with a GOOD metered detector, you would
have never even THOUGHT of touching a beep and dig!

I thought that the smiley faces that were accompanying my post were pretty obvious that I was kidding with you? Again, look at the title of this thread. METERS ARE USELESS..STAY WHERE YOU_R_TESORO. That's a dumb statement, asking for debate. Nothing to do with putting down Tesoro. Period.

My sincere condolences on your wife.

Have a good Thanksgiving.

A take on tabdog. Tabdog is one of the most prolific detectorists out in the real world.
He is also one of the nicest guys you would ever be proud to know and call friend.
He has a unique sense of humor rivaled by no one. He also would be the first to offer you help of any kind.

He Loves Tesoros and Tesoros have been good to him.Let me assure everyone reading these posts that fine man (Tabdog) means no..zip zero offense to anyone reading his posts.

If you want to know what a tesoro can do ask Mr. Brown( Tabdog) he will tell you and show you the results. But I just want to stress before this gets into a shouting match Mr. Tabdog is the real deal. Tabdog is one of the best people and most honest on this forum.Zincoindigr seems like a pretty good guy too.

Have a great day all..and enjoy the hobby. No matter what you use.

Meters can be helpful in spite of the opening of this thread. That said, proficiency with whatever you use and hunting in good locations will get you goodies with either type of detector. Persistence and the time to hunt often helps a great deal as well. As been said before - use what YOU like, don't worry about what the other guy likes. My two bits again.
BB

I know.

I won't even read thar post now.

Tha funny thing is, I think meters are just fine.

Wonder why people think I give a hoot about displays.

I guess because I don't use them.

HH,

Tabdog

Thanks XLT,

That makes me feel a lot better about myself.

I'm just a treasure hunter.

Don't really care about meters one way are another.

That's just where thay put me.

I'll just ignore them from now on.

Thay only want to mess with tha Tesoro forum.

I'll mess with tha finds.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog