Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Service

1. If a CZ20 is sent in for repair, and the front of the CZ20 removed, does this automatically mean "that" front panel needs to be replaced?

2. And therefore a new case is needed to accommodate the new front panel?

3. And does any repair of a CZ20 always involve the removal of this front panel?

4. So from this time forward is a minimum charge always going to involve a new front panel & case, which involves a certain minimum parts & labor cost?

5. And what is this baseline cost when the unit is opened up?

HH
BarnacleBill

There seems to be a hardware problem with my F75 where the target ID numbers are now much higher than they should be (Clad quarters come in from 89 to 94 and clad dimes from 79 - 81 ). I called last Thursday, was sent to voice mail and left my name and callback number. So far, not a word. I'll keep trying, but so far, I'm not impressed with the customer service.

Bart

very interesting observation!..i would like to know the answers to those concerns too!....to be perfectly blunt,HOW would you ever know unless you was right beside the tech when the detector was opened up?

(h.h!)
j.t.

buy new!..not used!..get the factory warranty!...be careful in using a delicate electronic instrument,...detector breaks?..they GOTTA fix it at maybe $10.00
for shipping!...end of debate!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I also know that each and every State has a limit to a lifetime warranty..My State is 7 years for any lifetime warranty for legal purpose..Has anyone looked at that scenario on lifetime warranties.

But back to my original question..There was, and then there wasn't, a lifetime warranty...What had it. what didn't, and when did the change take place.

,Business enterprises can only stand so much loss without making a marginal profit on any aspect of their operation..The repair facility must produce a profit to be maintained. same with sales, and marketing... As a whole the company has to post a profit, or close the doors.Each company has a figure in mind of what it will cost them on warranties..When selling the product the price is adjusted to handle the returned product within those set figure guide lines....If it goes way over then it's a loss for the company....In First Texas case all warranty work would be an added expense for them on any product sold by the original company.
You mentioned Whites and others well lets look at that.....Whites and others have had the same basic product for a number of years..sure some new here and there but basics are the same.. A few more parts, and maybe some different pieces, but mostly the same......They know what a general failure rate is, and they have a better handle on it....But let me tell you, after their initial 2 year warranty you are charged..They also have and encourage you to use their repair centers..Outside owners who do the work for profit.Yes they are good, and they handle it within the warranty..But they do not give it to you... Tesoro same thing..Most all their stuff is reworked to different levels and different named machines so they know better whats going to need fixed and whats not going to need fixed....They offer a lifetime warranty and you pay for it on the original purchase.....What that figure is I do not know..but I promise you it is built in the original sell price......They are excellent about handling problems...but you have paid for that problem in advance whether you ever use it or not...All and I repeat all the metal detector manufacturers are excellent about handling most if not all their problems..Including free manuals, free decals etc etc.......But they have to charge somewhere...In First Texas case maybe a statement saying no parts are available for CZ 20 detectors.........Then state they can upgrade for a price and let the owners make the choice.....But I just do not think we should post that service and prices are bad..because it broke. If it breaks, and you want it, pay to have it fixed..or, buy another if you do not feel the machine is worth the price of repair....Hope this didn't offend..wasn't meant that way..just a business out look and not the end users out look...

don't believe anyone is offended because we are having a debate on this issue!..i believe what we are dealing with here is a company's desire to please the customer,along with a fervent desire to make a profit!...it is definately an economical "balancing" act..no one will argue that "excellent" public relations,and a
"good" reputation garnered over many years of service to the "end user" IS an indispensible tool,however make no mistake,ANY company is NOT in business to give ANY ONE a break,but to realize a profit on the product they produce!

(h.h!)
j.t.

don't have a f-75 but i have a t-2. going by the meter on the f-75 and the readings i get on the t-2 the ranges you're getting sound about right for the dime and quarter.

You can still purchase some models of Fisher with lifetime warranty's. Only the most recent manufactured units do not have it. Anything that was already made, and in warehouses, maintained the lifetime warranty.

First Texas also decided to honor all legitimate lifetime warranty's.

n/t

Elton

The CZ-20 was totally discontinued & and phased out long before First Texas purchased Fisher Research.

First Texas felt that the CZ-20 was a worth while unit to have in their lineup, so set out to re-design it for current manufacturing. The CZ-21 was born out of that. As were all finding out, there was more than just a Pin Point Button change. They re-designed the battery compartment, the main case, and the front face plate. Anyone needing repairs to their CZ-20, if it involves anything in the front plate, will have to have it changed over to CZ-21 style casing. If this is a lifetime warranty repair, they will switch it over to CZ-21 under warranty. CZ-20 parts are just not available.

Well I finally got an e-mail telling me the machine should have shipped back to me yesterday. But seriously, I am only one complainer who has heard and knows of many good customer service stories from Fisher in the past. And my experience with hunting with Fishers will keep me hunting with Fishers. If a lot of people knew how to fix them, that would say much worse than having the occasional complaint about the service.

I will be playing with her when she gets back to me soon 'nuf! She better be warmed up...

I THINK THE FISHER DEALERS WHO READ THIS FORUM SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND CORRESPOND WITH FISHER.IF THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BACK UP THEIR PRODUCTS THE WORD WILL CERTAINLY GET AROUND. I THINK IT WOULD BE A SHAME BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS MADE A GOOD PRODUCT BEFORE THE COMPANY CHANGE.

I've bought and used all the CZ's, (except for the 6) 1200's, (except for the 12 and 25) and the three so called "digi-Fishers" (still have a C$). I also have a T-2, F-75, F-4 (sold it because of having and keeping the T-2 and F-75) and have a 70 and 5 coming when they're available. IMO the new FT Fishers ARE better! Yes, there have been some small growing pains with customer service but given the scope of change they've incurred, they are doing very well at an amazing rate of improvement. This WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING if Fisher was still in Los Banos, PERIOD!! Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but mine is very positive of the current efforts being tabled from First Texas. I'm as much a romantic (Old Fisher vs new Fisher) as there is but if the new girl friend has a better rack (more diversely functional features to use or "play with" ;) in varying conditions) and a better head on her shoulders (faster/smarter detecting with the visual ground phase, GB, and ferrous content), as well as more external beauty (much better looking and balance then a box on a stick, no pun intended), I'm all for moving on and not dwelling on the past! :D

Can you say N-A-T-A-S-H-A?! :rofl: