Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher Service

I have used most high end machines from White's, Minelab, and Fisher-all are great in their own right-I just prefer Fishers for my personality and my style/type of sites I hunt. I do think the loyal users who have bought and used many of the Fisher machines over the years(and can prove it if necessary) should be shown an extra degree of courtesy and respect. I cannot tell you how many Fisher machines I(and many others on here) have sold for them after posting nice finds, family members of mine who all now own CZ-70's, and just people I meet who have bought one after watching me...and I'm still doing it...because I love the hobby and the folks who do it. Nothing better than seeing the excitement of a newbie learning and having a great time :) I do think many may make the transition or addition to/of a FT Fisher product because of all this...HH

n/t

The machine was okay when it left your house and Fisher reported damage, so it must have happened in transit.

Thanks Elton and BobH,
I hadn't considered it. Just got all knee-jerky and twisted at the initial response and lack of subsequent responses when I requested specifics. Since I was promised a call yesterday explaining damage and faults in detail and did not get one, I'll see if I can get more specifics later today. I did pack it securely using both hard foam and bubble wrap and nothing was said about the state of the package upon reciept.

And yes, I remain a Fisher fanatic. I've hunted with many folks who were using the other mfr's top models and outhunted them and been outhunted by them variously so I have no gripes with the equipment. The two detectors I had always planned on adding to my cabinet were any top Fisher with a DD coil, and any PI with serious disc capability. I was hoping to get into an F75 this spring but this cost might just send the Kitchen Funding Committee into heap big nogoze.

Thanks and HH!

And after the techs there detailed the problems and what was meant in each instance I think it's a good idea to go ahead with the fix and deal with the cost. Was told it does require the new housing and faceplate so I will end up with a CZ-20 ion a CZ-21 body. Sometime in a thousand years it may be a curio of these times, yeah! Collector item! At least until everyone else gets their CZ-20's serviced. Doh!

Thanks for the perspective and I did not intend to dig Fisher at all, just whine about my ignorance and demonstrate my desire for immediate answers.

Have fun and HH!

Boy that is scary. Sent a tesoro completly burned up. They fixed it for $75.00 ( I was not the originsl owner) I sent a 1994 XLT to Whites and they completly rebuilt it with new board and pod. In other words a new detector for $87.00 Dan in Pa should remember because he made a comment about it. This thing with Fisher is Scary!...Jack

hello!
"squeaking wheel gets the grease!"..i know what i would do,now you can figure out the rest!..best of luck!

(h.h!)
j.t.

simply put!..there ARE many options!

(h.h!)
j.t.

scary?..it's INSULTING!....i can tell ya,if they treat me that way if i should develop an issue with my fisher,not only will they never see a dime from me again,i will take as many with me as i can!..there has GOT to be more to this than we already know!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Bad service form Fisher lab
Suwan Kansanoh in Thailand -
I have a bad experience with the Fisher Lab's service. My only one CZ-20 was broken down in September, 2007. I contacted the dealer in Thailand that I bought the detector from. He's a nice guy, actually. It later was sent to the Fisher Lab in USA. I was informed after one month pass by that the cost of fixing is $US 928.77, including freight and labor cost. It's costly, isn't it? The point is that I think the Fisher Lab is tricky. They don't mean to give you CZ-20 service anymore. They want to sell the coming CZ-21 rather than fixing the old model, CZ-20. So, they charge you so higher that you can do nothing, but you are forced to buy the new one. This is the way company cheats you. Next time if you want to buy a new metal detector, I want to remind you that think over the good service, rather than the new body cover of the CZ-21

In the past year, several CZ-20 owners sent in their units for repairs and the prices were the same as yours.........with no detailed exclamation. You either pay, or you have a nice trotline weight, OR check with Keith Wills.

Well thanks all, I did not know there was so much turmoil nor am I aware of Keith Willis' function. Is he on this forum? What is his stake in this? Does he do CZ and other Fisher work? If I recall correctly, he's big on detecting in Texas is all I know of him. As well a great ambassador of the hobby.

My concern was not so much being told there was cost involved, but the seeming void of detail I had around the problem for a week. As Dan, the tech from FT told me yesterday, the only board that needs replacement is the interface board with the controls mounted on it in the front panel. That panel, and subsequently the entire housing, must be replaced because they simply don't have CZ-20 parts anymore. Thus you end up with a CZ-21. Cost goes from $66 for seals to $535 on account of the housing and front panel change. There goes my next Fisher purchase funding for awhile.... Geez, I hope the work is guaranteed.

make a good weight too!..pretty heavy!

sure it's guaranteed!..to work when it leaves the factory!

(h.h!)
j.t.

you are NOT whining!..you have a genuine concern,and brought it to the attention of the forum users!..to tell you the truth,i am literally beside myself trying to understand in the interests of good public relations,WHY they REFUSE to give you a break on the total cost of this fix!..they must be aware,that for that kind of coin,YOU can purchase a brand new quality detector from ANY manufacturer,along with a comprehensive warranty out the door!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

n/t

If they are going through all that trouble {AND COST TO YOU}, they should just offer you a CZ-21 at ONE HELL OF A DISCOUNT-like dealer cost. (A friend sent in his CZ-6A recently and the new meter, one crystal, and some other parts cost $50, and the LABOR WAS $175??? They told him his loop was "a little noisy" and would he like it replaced [AT FULL RETAIL-I TOLD HIM HELL NO!-the loop works fine]?)
[Look at all the GOOD P.R.they could get on the CZ-20 deal!] I GUARANTEE IF JIM LEWELLYN WAS RUNNING THINGS, AND DON PARKS WAS STILL IN CHARGE OF REPAIRS, YOU WOULD BE TREATED QUIET DIFFERENTLY. You owned a :fisher: under their management, you were treated like a member of the family. Stories abound about accidents that badly damaged units, and :fisher: acted like Santa in dealing with problems.
(Did you hear the one about the relic hunter who had to get out of his jump suit to "take care of business" when a brown bear happened along? Well he and his 1266 when up a tree, he dropped the 1266 and broke it, and he ended up having to shoot the bear in his shorts-how that bear got into his shorts I'll never know!:rofl:)
Seriously, I can't wait to hear all the stories from people who bought USED CZ-21's, F-75's, F-4's or others and something went wrong and there is no transferable warranty. People will be screaming BLOODY MURDER ABOUT REPAIR COST. ["Hey, these Fishers not only find coins/jewelry, but CASH from checks and credit cards!"]