Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hour and a half tests this morning revealed...

I thought of that last night too. The 70 to...at this point...is like a 75 that took a valium...not a hanful of valiums...just one....calmed it down a bit and made it more friendly. So I can see why there is a difference....keep forgetting the 5 does not even use the 75 coils....different setup.
Thanls for reminding me.
scott

...and GB over them....or beach sand to bring it the other way.......alright you guys are sick :lol:
I do not see any issue with the GB actually as far as the machione getting it correct with the Grab function....more so...I like to have control over that part myself. Hoenstly it should not be an issue from a performance end.

SNH gets off on being the first fella to rip into a new detector online. so he continues to go to cabella ever time theres a new detector released because he know he can get all his money back plus he feels first texas owes him and he holds all the cards. so he got the F 70 to be the first dude posting and to get fishers back also figurein that this one must have some major flaw too he can be the first hero to expose it. but ooops- seems the plan back fired this time as he finds- hey its a nice stable detector!!!!!!!! Thanks for the honesty bud.i think I might buy me one for the misses-
Stan

Speed is in relation to the recovery or reset speed. I base that on two items in the manual.
1. Under Capabilities and Limitations, Sweep Speed, it says: "The F70 is noted for it's quick response. It permits the user to sweep the searchcoil quickly in order to cover more gorund with very little risk of losing targets. In general, if you are searching an area where the desirable targets are more than 8 to 10 inches deep, a faster sweep speed will detect to a greater depth and yield more accurate target ID's."
2. Under both the Discrimination Mode (pg 13) and Autotune Mode (pg 12) it says Speed: "There are two speed selections, DEFAULT and SLOW. dE = default SL=slow Slow speed provides more depth detection on more highly conductive metals. SL is more likely to result in noisy detector operation".

If the first statement tells us that a faster sweep speed is recommended for greater depth, and the second statement tells us SL provides more depth, then SL must not represent sweep speed. It seems that it must be reset speed. JMHO HH Randy

buying the F5 is the fact that it only has one coil option. And the fact that the coil cable plugs into the housing instead of having a threaded connector. That may not be a big deal to some. But I've had a couple of those and that was enough. At least with the F70 sharing coils with the F75, there are several options available and likely more in the future. JMHO HH Randy

The question here is how would you know that depth is better on the F70 if the F5 you had was defective as you have already admitted-isnt that why you said you returned it to Cabelas or was that just the excuse to get your money back? You already said you didn

I questioned the man on the slow mode a while back. According to him it will have very little effect on sensitivity to small stuff, just the deeper high conductive targets. Sounds like a filter type change to me but of course he never goes into detail and thats just my guess.. Single filter could account for the note about it being noisy but, if it is single then it would seem they would caution about using it in bad ground too. :shrug: Like I said just guessin.

Tom

The + and - buttons don't seem to work for manual GB. You can GB a few numbers above or below the auto GB by auto GBing first; then change freq with the Hz button. At the new Freq (Hz), push the auto GB button. Let the GB button go when it's at the place you want it. Then change the freq position (Hz) where it originally was. The machine will auto GB from 0 to 99. Most won't need to set GB above or below the setting auto will give you. The only problem I've had with the F70 is that the coil connector on the control box is a bit out of round and it would be easy to cross thread it. This may be a common flaw because the manual warns not to cross thread.

at

Like it says then maybe the small gold will be affected. Not good. :thumbdown: . Don't you just love all the conjecture on new machines. I already don't like the no manual G/B as I can see where it might cause some problems with the G/B on the bad beaches I hunt. You need all of the qualities of the F75 and especially the manual G/B on those beaches. Right down to the 5 clicks in between each of the numbers for wet beach sand hunting. You would be surprised at how much of a change you get in couple of clicks vice entire number changes on those beaches. Oh well we will see. I am not going to be a Ginie Pig on this one. I am going to wait and see. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

in the AutoTune mode. No reference to number of filters in the Discriminate mode, (that I can find in the documentation). HH Randy

I have a dime on edge at 8". Not many of the detectors I have used will pick it up. The F70 in SL will ID it as a dime with 3 confidence bars. That's very good in my book.