Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hour and a half tests this morning revealed...

Seems like I read somewhere you have an F70. Have you got enough hours on it to offer any opinoins?

Tom

Which is why I was looking for a manual GB adjustment...but like yours it seems to GB fine and I don't have any problems in either mode nor in Pinpoint so....we will see in the Ghost towns tomorrow.

I just tried it out some in the yard and hit a target that read 22 to 45 or so and just gave a clicking sound So I figured it wasnt any good.I removed some dirt and it read 90 at 9" deep...I dug 9 plus inches but couldnt find it then I saw a old peace of rust on the side of the hole about 3" deep.I think most detectors would have done the same thing.I was going to try my DFX over it but didnt.In 3 or 4 filter it would have read iron ,I think?
Anyhow the coil seems so small.......Be nice for coins:blowup:
I am like you I am going back to Cabelas next week and I will keep the F70 and sell the DFX or other way around.
Paul

When I first GBed the machine it would hit coins fine...but even at 0 disc it would not hit my squair nail...hmm that is odd...so I swapped to Autotune...the threshold would go null when i went over the nail....hmmm even weirder.
So I did a fast grab again and it was fine...I may have did the Grab above some small iron and caused an incorrect GB.
thisis why you ALWAYS design a machine with a way to manually adjust the GB.....not sure what fisher was thinking this time. If they pay attention please put a manual GB option it as it is critical.
scott

GB at one Hz; then change Hz; then while GBing let off on the button where you want it. Switch the Hz back to the channel you was originally on.
That might work till First Texas tells us how.

Unless you have such mild soil like JB does in Ms....you should be in the 70's on average. With a Grab GB of 50 I would guess there was iron around the coil off to the side...of course you may have realy mild stuff....but double check.
I know it was tough when i first turned it on to find a spot to GB at since the Gb was so far off I could not tell where a clean piece of ground was.....again this is why a manual Gb setting is needed so you can set it close and then do the Bob and Grab. It will be tough for some to get it GBed corrctyl first time.
scott

Hi Scott,

Been there done that with the Edge and C$. Out hunting a field and the GB was so far off it was hitting on targets everywhere giving the impression you are over iron all the time. In actuality it was probably hitting on rocks and after a quick GB things were back to normal.

At least you have the phase number for a reference to use when going back to a site. The Edge and C$ don't give you that.

Tom

Everyone has their preference based on the type sites you hunt. Heck I'll even admit to using Disc a couple times. ;)

Tom

Most of my ground is REAL bad...Some places a 2 filter will show a coin on top of the ground as iron,Not no problem for a 4 filter machine.But my yard has fill so shouldn't be that bad.Some places my wife's CZ5 wont ground balance.
Yea like the manual ground balance also...The XLT or DFX has no problems with the ground,
Paul

...if so it should be GBin around 80's or so....of course if you have very alkaline soil it would be low 40's. 53 sure could be correct but mine did the same thing and it was off and would not hit iron...when i did it again it was 82 where it should be as compared to the F5.
Try pumping the coil many times and seeif just stays there in all of your yard?
Scott

[quote Jackpine Savage]Deepies on the CZ will hit using a slow almost creeping the coil sweep speed. The same targets with the CS may require a very brisk sweep to be readable. Get around iron with the CZ and ya gotta use that slow sweep, while the C$ ignores most all iron using the required brisk sweep.

Tom[/quote]

I tend to go somewhat slow on the C$, sounds like I need to get the lead out to hit the deepies :devil:

Thanks,
Brian

The F5 has a better display by far....I am not sure what fisher is doing when it designs it's new detectors. This detector is 200.00 more but has less features.....as always what I like is a mix between the two.
If I ever can try an F5 before I buy it...I may prefer it to the F70 simply for the display and the manual Gb. Depth is better on the 70 for sure...though.
scott

Got me as to why they upped the price and dummed down the meter.....oh well...I am not the engineer.

I still think John is right. Put it in At, push and hold the Fast grab button down bob the coil and adjust the + and - buttons to get a no audio when you are raising and lowering the coil. :shrug: I hope you figuare it out so the Test will be a success. After all without a good G/B the machine is operating as being handycapped. As long as your ground is above 40 you will be ok when you fast grab. Just find some good clean area to do it in where you are going to hunt. Lots of luck on your testing. This was a fun thread. :rofl: Later Jerry aka tinfoil

:clapping:...Thank for the reviews...:thumbup:...I sure do like the looks of the F5..and at a lower freq it should be a Coin Killer..
With folks like tinfoil,vlad,capphd and several others the F75 keeps getting Better and better..Whats the toughts on the F70 coil used on the F75..Sounds like the F70 is going to be a deep machine..Wonder how good a relic hunter the F70 will be..

[quote snh]...for that one line on page 11 that specifically says to increase the Gb or decrease the GB if the ground still affects the threshold. Just not sure why they put that in as it alludes to the ability to affect the GB point manually.
Of course it could be a mistake...maybe they put it in explaining GB procedures and did not think about the fact that you actually can't adjust it.
Who knows....[/quote]
Scott...you might have noticed that a fair bit of the material in the F-70 manual is a direct copy from the F-75 manual. That one line about adjusting the GB is directly out of the F-75 manual...somebody goofed. That's my guess.
The F-70 manual also clearly says that while in the Disc Mode, to avoid locking into metal, the Ground Balance will not work if the ground phase is under "40". Should that happen, you must go to Autotune to perform ground balance. This unit's advertising does not claim any "manual adjustment", only pushbutton GB.
Different subject, the F-5 looks good...at that operating frequency...it's clearly a coin/relic hunter and not designed for prospecting. That's a big difference from the F-70's higher frequency prospecting capability. Everything considered, the F-5 with it's manual GB ability, lower price tag, and better display looks like a much better buy. Scott...thanks for all your effort today...Jim.

I could be wrong, but the slow and fast setting is for the recovery speed and not sweep speed. What is written in the manual about that ?

Andy

...it to say much about wether it is sweep speed or recovery actually..it just says it is speed. Could be either although now that i think about it sweep speed would be a filter change usually while recovery speed makes more sense I suppose.
It may be in the manual somewhere but not in the disc settings portion.
I can look tonight.