Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hour and a half tests this morning revealed...

The manual clearly says that while in the Disc Mode, to avoid locking into metal, the Ground Balance will not work if the ground phase is under "40". Should that happen, you must go to Autotune to perform ground balance. Unless a page is missing (doubt it), you cannot manually adjust the ground balance. Looks like an AutoGrab feature to me. Jim.

They had 3 T2s and one was in the old white box....but they wanted 649.00.They had to be returned....Oh well,If they would have lowered te price I would have bought one.
Paul

There is a mistake in the early versions and it should have been able too...I just can't finger it out. I am perplexed at this one somewhat.

...for that one line on page 11 that specifically says to increase the Gb or decrease the GB if the ground still affects the threshold. Just not sure why they put that in as it alludes to the ability to affect the GB point manually.
Of course it could be a mistake...maybe they put it in explaining GB procedures and did not think about the fact that you actually can't adjust it.
Who knows....

O.K.....here is the face...now you see the disc option is hilighted and disc level is at 0....so all metals are accepted even iron.....now if I press the - button one more time..it goes into At AUtotune.....if I press + it will increase the discrimination level...so it will increase in increments of 1......just like any other recent Fisher incarnation.....only difference here is below disc 0 is Autotune...that is how you access autotune....weird huh!!!
So if I want to go to autotune I have to first press - to get out of any disc I have set first.....a bit odd accept I never run disc so no big deal for me. Actually this is why they say to set Autotune paramters in the user Program2 mode and your disc preferences in user Program1...since these are saved memory settings they store when you shut off. So you cheat the system by leaving Program2 setup for Autotune and whenever you want to hunt all metal just go into program2 and then swap to program1 for your saved disc settings. You can leave the menu set of the Program settings and then while you hunt if you press = it will jump to Program2 or - to Program1.....kind of like a hot key but really more like an XLT or DFX where whatever the last edit function that was set was...is the one you will jump back to directly if you use a hot key.
This works with whatever the last menu setting was..if you last set disc level then pressing - or + mwill take you directly to that last menu function and adjust it.
Not a bad idea actually.

Scott,
Does your F70 make a loud sound when you lower it or raise it off the ground when you hold in the ground grab?
No matter where in my yard I try the ground grab it sounds off as it goes to the ground and sounds off as I raise it?It would read 55 or 53.But I didnt put it in 0 disc.
But when I pinpoint it seems close.The ground balance reminds me of the Whites QXT.
Paul