Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First hour and a half tests this morning revealed...

snh

It has some decent potential. I have some coins buried in our dry soil and a dime about 8" deep. Which back east is not a big deal but here...it is tough to get that deep...the F5 could not see the 8" dime.....my GMT 1650 did not nor did my Eagle II...but the F70 hit it no problem and in all the tone modes even Dp.
It is also alot more stable...I could run the sens at almost max 99 without hardly a peep. To me it reacts like a more stable somewhat simpler version of the F75.
I have to test the other features such as sweep speed but that will have to wait for the ghost towns tomorrow. I could even test it for prospecting up there...but that would be kinda pointless I suppose.
So far it looks good actually.

Hi Scott,

Hows the soil read where your test coins are? Is it desert ground or some kind of topsoil brought in?
Thats pretty good results for a concentric coil if the ground is mineralized.

Tom

Which is fairly mineralized ground...but no Fe02 readings to speak of...or as they call it on the 70...the DIRT BAR...my soil here reads one bar. Down in the desert flats the soils is not as hot as where I am going tomorrow......there it will have alot more iron oxides and black sand...although I will not be prospecting so i won't be in creek beds.
Testing this F70 to this point has been a positive so far. It is way more stable than the F75....also it stores your last settings which is nice and has 2 user programs...cool. It is a bit deeper than the F5....although I have to be cautious as my F5 was cr@p.....so newer F5's may be better. I never did get a chance to see how the F5 would do in real detecting due to the strange pulsing issues I had.

Thanks Scott,

Appreciate the info on your local soil. Sounds like a DD is not neccessary right where you are. Did you try the slow mode and see how slow you could sweep and still hit the dime? You know the diff between a CZ and a C$ in sweep speed on the deepies, Just wondering if it is something similar.

Thanks
Tom

I have to go do some errands first. I do know the difference between the Cz and C$ and I will see how this compares. I wonder what coils work with the F70...I am loosing track of which works with what machine. I only like a DD if I have to use it..otherwise a concentric is preferred. Could be that tomorrow I will wish I had a DD. We will see.
scott

[quote Jackpine Savage] You know the diff between a CZ and a C$ in sweep speed on the deepies...[/quote]

Tom what is the difference between the CZ and the C$ on deepies ?

Brian

Again this is looking to be more and more positive....thank goodness.
I tested the sweep speed for quite some time on planted targets...hey it's all I got till tomorrow. I get an inch to an inch and a half more in depth in slow sweep...and by slow they are talking snail slow...it is almost so slow you are stopped...as far as how slow you can go and still get a reliable hit.
The target ID was a bit more stable in the standard sweep mode and that is also stated in the manual...best ID is at a faster sweep speed. But still the slow sweep was good on the 8" dime..it bounced a little between dime and zinc range but that is not an issue....and it was not all over the scale just up and down one target range.
I tried to see how target seperation was by using my standard square nail and a dime set about an inch to an inch and half apart. There was not a huge difference in performance between standard sweep and slow. Both were pretty good at hitting the dime seperately from the nail if swept correctly. If you were off the taregt just a little you would get the familiar iron hit one way and dime the other...so if the dime is on the left and iron on the right...you would hear just one as you swept from it's side. However onec you pinpint it and sweep dead over center you can seperate the two fairly easily.
With the nail set over the dime you get target averaging...so it hits a solid Tab range....again fairly standard...nothing wrong with that...many of my favorite detectors will do it...all i care is that it the nail does not completely mask the dime...and it is a decent size nail.
The only thing I see so far is I wish the GB had a manual settting to it....I don't like the Grab features ever....I like to set my GB offsets myself...but oh well...just my preference.
so far so good. It sure is dead quiet around here.

Being able to set the GB balance your self.....o.k....with the F5 you have a knob you can adjust...and with the 75 you have both Grab and the ability to set the GB number yourself

Since you want to manual G/B the F70 you got to go to autotune and do it that way. It is simular to the CZ's but you use the + and - buttons and autotune on the F70. You might even try the bobbing method like the CZ's. Push the pinpoint button and bob the coil up and down and adjust the + and - buttons in a clean area till you get a 0 audio when you go bob up or down. With the F70 you can fast grab or adjust it manually. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying.. :shrug: Just trying to help. :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

You can't adjust it...pressing - does nothing and + brings you back into Disc mode. You use the + and - pad in disc to get into Autotune and pressing plus while in Autotune brings you out of it into Disc....even if you press grab and while the GB phase is displayed pressing the = or - does nothing accept as just noted.
There is no way to set GB manually it is just Ground Grab only...tried everything. Not the end of the world....just a preference is all

I read that and thought the same thing....but read it again....it never says how.....you got me....I tried every combination of controls and it won't do it?
scott

Where are the rest of the G/B pages. We are missing something here. I am not getting it. You should be able to Fast Grab or do a manual G/B some how. Got to be a way :D: :D: HH Jerry

to go to Autotune (symbol is AT in menu) you first access the menu by menu button...deprees menu button until you hilight Discrimnation and then press - pad until you are in At or AUtotune. So basically you get into Autotune by reducing discriminate level below o...it is dooffy actually....you have to - your disc level to 0 and then one more press of - and you are in All metal Autotune. Why they have you access Autotune by reducing discrimnate level to below 0 is very odd....don't ask me it is just how you do it. so if you have your discrimnate level at 25 you have to keep pressing - button until you get below 0 discrimnate :surprised:
And I tried all the things you said and nothing affects it.
Oh well.

Thanks again Scott,

Good information. Now we have to wait and see how it does on targets that are at the fringe of detection in default mode.

Tom

Deepies on the CZ will hit using a slow almost creeping the coil sweep speed. The same targets with the CS may require a very brisk sweep to be readable. Get around iron with the CZ and ya gotta use that slow sweep, while the C$ ignores most all iron using the required brisk sweep.

Tom

Is it done in autotune and used the Fast Grab or what. We don't need no stinking Auto G/B in bad ground. I think I will call First Texas Monday. We got to be doing something wrong. Can you post the rest of the pages of the G/B section. thanks Jerry aka Tinfoil