Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stories by Arkie John......

I Met An Angel Today

It was 6:30 in the afternoon. I had just completed my shopping and was coming out of the store with a cart holding four bags of goods and a boquet of lillies. I parked the cart inside, as I noticed there weren't too many left for other patrons. After finally grabbing my bags all in my left hand and the lillies in my right, I turned toward the door to exit, only to see this frail, petite little old lady shuffleing ever so slowly toward the door.

My bags contained a gallon of mild and a halfpgallon CranGrape juice--and they were heavy. Not wanting to wait until my next birthday for the little lady to pass, I was easing past the silver-haired old saint, giving her plenty of room to spare. As I was almost out of there and gone for good, I heard her say with a gentle voice, "Oh! Are THOSE for ME???"

I stopped in my tracks, feeling a little guilty for not waiting for her to go first, like my daddy always taught me. Looking directly at her, my eyes beheld an eighties-something little lady with pale skin, fairly short hair and a big friendly smile. Her baby-blue eyes pierced my soul with a twinkle and let me know that she was a lonely, kind-hearted sort who loved life

And all the more so since it is not only a lesson and parable... it happened to you!! :thumbup:

say hello to Tom and Linda for me..

Fair winds

Micheal

the feeling it gave you, at least as long as she will. People remember those kindnesses.

Every time I start thinking things are going badly I just look around. I gave a friend a ride home last week, I avoided him generally because he was the type that just never knew how to have a conversation, he just talked at you and never even listened to what you had to say. It was easier to just avoid him.

He had no drivers licence and needed a ride so I offered. As he got out of the truck and thanked me I told him I would wait until he entered his little rented home. He was about a hundred and 20 lbs over weight and as he walked off I wondered why the heck he had not walked home for the exercise. A heart attack waiting to happen.

Well two days later he was found in his yard, dead. Heart attack :( Bruce was a nice guy but I avoided him because of the way he made me feel. People are attracted to people by not what they do for them but how they make them feel.

You have a friend for life now, no matter if you ever see her again, you made her feel good and in turn you are now a better friend to yourself for the same reason. She was there for a reason...

I keep you two close to my heart. One day Linda and I will get up there. We just have to get her well before she can travel.

Take care,

AJ

You know, Royal, I try to live each day as if there were no tomorrow. Some days I do that okay. Others, I fail miserably. But you are correct. It' didn't cost me an arm and a leg to make the old saint feel that she had worth. How cool is it to really be on the giving end?????

I know about the weight issue. Since the divorce, I am 40 pounds lighter. I walk eight miles almost every night right now until I get to my goal of 180. I have about 12 pounds to go. Then, I cut back to an every-other-day-maintenance-routine thangy. I'll do whatever it takes to keep my weight between 175 and 185. It is surprising how it makes you feel to be 40 pounds lighter!!!

Thanks for your post, buddy.

aj

Hey folks. I know it's been a while. Linda (Sunny), Tom (Lil' Brother) and myself buried our oldest brother today. After I got home, I sat down at the computer and this little diddy came spewing out...and I just wanted to share it with all my friends here on the forum. The well has been dry for some time now...and that's why I have not been posting. However the poetry is coming around. Guess I'm a Leonard Cohen junkie and wannabe lol.

Please share in my heart of hearts. <><

AJ

Pike County Clay

We rolled along the highway into the autumn sun
Seeking to be settled once the task was done,
To comfort the family at the end of the day,
We buried our oldest brother in the Pike County clay.

At seventy-five years, still too young to go,
Searching for the stories I was never to know
I wanted more time to seek and more time to pray
But all too soon I was standing there on Pike County clay.

I

Not much can be said... other than.. May God bless you and help you over this.

Say hello to Linda and Tom for us.

hope to have you back soon

calm seas, fair winds

Micheal

n/t

While you and your family have suffered a great loss, you can find comfort in knowing that your Brother is now in a better place. A prayer has been said and you folks will be in my daily thoughts. Kelley (Texas) :)