Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shootings

Justme

Terrible tragedy with those 9 folks killed the other day in church. The families of those slain must be devastated. The members of that congregation that survived are also devastated seeing their friends needlessly slaughtered.
What is the solution? Some including the president are talking more gun control. But is that a real solution? The problem is quite a bit deeper than that. We are living in the last days described in Paul's letter to Timothy at 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Take particular note of verse 13 of the same chapter. This cannot be denied. 1John 5:19 states the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one. If that is difficult to swallow please note what Luke ch 4:5-6 states. Satan when tempting Jesus said all those kingdoms were his. Also notice Jesus did not deny that statement. Please look at Revelation 12:12. The devil has been confined to the earth having great anger. He is out to make humans lives as miserable as possible. Notice what Jesus called the devil at John 8:44. A manslayer or murderer depending on the translation you prefer.
Soon the devil will be taken out of commission.

Let each of us hold fast to our faith in Jesus, for with Him we can endure and overcome all things....even if death takes us, we have eternal life with our blessed Savior and Lord, Jesus! Amen! Ma

Gun control won't solve anything. We have no morals or good raising in this world anymore. And it is starting to show. We need Jesus. And instead the world is denying him more and more everyday

n/t

will continue to increase. Also consider all the drugs in our society (Legal ones) which affect mental state of mind. I believe we are on fast track to second coming.

Shoot someone in the commission of a crime automatic death penalty. Start cleaning out death row now and limit appeals to 6 months after sentence!!!! Appoint extra judges to revue these cases until death row is cleaned out.

JESUS did not condemn the people for Crucifixions nor did he get the others crucified with him down off the crosses. He forgave the one who stood up for him but still allowed him to die his horrible death. Thus the death penalty is correct and needed to enforce the Law Of The Land.

God Bless

On unmistakable and obviously unabashed guilty murder, as with this recent tragedy, as Doc mentioned, a swift and speedy public hanging is the best way to go, both as a deterrent and a public display of punishment...

Now a days the Prison/Legal system is a moneymaker...most prisons are private corps and also traded on the stock market! It does not financially behoove them to execute swift justice, they give not one rip for the victim or their family...

I would like to see a simple and speedy path for 'justice'...In accordance to the magnitude of the crime...

Lets say a guy steals my lawnmower and is caught, I, as the VICTIM have some options...1. He can pay me cash for the lawnmower, 2. If he lacks the funds, I can make him work it off, 3. If he lacks the funds to pay and doesnt want to work it off for me, I can beat the royal tar out of him or humiliate the thief within reason on the courthouse steps, and 4. I have the option of totally forgiving him and let him go on his way...

Right now, if somebody steals my lawnmower, they might do time, pay a lawyer, or get let go with a stern warning...but still my grass needs to be mowed!:shrug:

I'd like to see Pedophiles/Murderers fall into the hands of a Father on the courthouse steps!....that Btard better have plenty of money to pay me to assuage my anger and perhaps show a bit of mercy as I drag out my sidecutters and quikfire propane torch!...pack a lunch, bring some lawn chairs and an umbrella....this is gonna take a while, leave the kids at home though!....unless the perp has got some big money for a speedy and merciful deliverance from his mortal lusts and failings...if he does, then its machete time...I am not a good Christian enough I guess...

Oh well, we are all works in progress...Jesus does show up with a sword every now and then...

This stupid pumpkin pie haircutted kid who murdered those wonderful people at a bible study, will most likely live to be a ripe old age on appeal making money for Wallstreet...your taxes will pay for his room and board and the whole process for the next 60yrs...'gold mine' in this kid here!
Mud.

Satan is trying every evil he can bring against all the world his time is short.Read the whole chapter revelation 20----you will be amazed as to whats waiting for him:yikes:

I find vs 7-9 of chapter 20 very intriguing. Many Christian denominations teach that when someone "saved" dies they go to heaven. Verse 8 talks about Satan when released from his prison or the abyss goes out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth. Verse 9 states that they advanced over the entire earth.
So where does the teaching of heaven come from?
Notice verse 13...the grave gave up those dead in it, and the sea gave up those dead in it. Very interesting. If as many teach that either heaven or hell, and the earth will be destroyed how do they justify this chapter in Revelation?

When a person dies a mortal death, their spirit goes back to God Who gave the breath of life to the body and the body goes back to dust for from dust Adam was created! When the saved in Christ are resurrected, they will receive their new immortal body that will never grow old, sick or die! The death of the lost souls after they are judged will be cast into the Lake of Fire that torments and punishes all sinners, who do not believe in Jesus, as their own personal Lord and Savior! The Lake of Fire is the second death for they will not have immortal life and whether they dwell there forever where the flame never dies is something to think about, for some say they will be no more while some say they will spend eternity in torture and torment by the wrath of God for being unbelievers! Well, whatever the answer is, I wouldn't want to take the chance of suffering even for a little while in the fiery flames and brimstone! God is a God of love but He is also a God of Wrath and we've no excuse to not believe in Him, for God came in the flesh of Jesus and endured more than any of us ever have by being crucified on the Cross of Calvary! All we have to do is accept Jesus, our Messiah Who is God with us, by sincere believing faith and He will be with us forever, as He leads, guides and directs us on His straight and narrow pathway by the Holy Spirit! Oh, how great a love His love is, no one can know until having a personal relationship with Jesus and live like Him, as we study diligently the Scriptures telling us Who Jesus really is, for He is the Living Word made flesh! May God Bless and keep us safe in His protection while helping us provide for ourselves and others because the spiritual and physical needs are great!! Amen! Ma

The spirit returns to God who gave it. I totally agree with that. Perhaps we can look at Genesis 2:7. Now prior to this event where was Adam? Maybe we can illustrate this with a candle. When you blow out a candle where does the flame go? Does it return to your box of matches or your lighter? Or quite simply does the ability of the candle to be useful in producing light once more depend on you who has the ability to relight the flame?
I noticed that you mentioned the lake of fire that signifies the second death. It seems odd to me that God would have this place literal especially when the Bible clearly says that God is love. (1John 4::geek:. It's totally out of character. I mean would you who have children and claim to love them, lets say they continually do something over and over, burn your child? Would you pour gas on them and ignite the flame? How fast would you end up in prison for such a sick twisted deed? Remember the Jordanian military pilot that they were searching for earlier in the year? He was put in a cage doused with gas and burned to death. Remember the reaction you personally felt towards the persons that committed this act? Now let's put this on a much larger scale. A person lives for 70-80 years and dies. 70-80/years is not a very long time. Does it seem just that a supreme being would burn someone for all eternity for living 70-80 years? Where's the justice? Would that not be the ultimate act of terrorism? Wouldn't that make God the ultimate terrorist? Remember the Bible says God is love. The book of Revelation was given in signs. See Revelation 1:1. So the lake of fire must be symbolic.

Sorry, but you certainly do not know the Biblical Scriptures which is the Bible, God's Holy Word! There is a real hell (the Lake of Fire) and there is a real heaven! All sinners who are unbelievers and keep deliberately sinning and being used by Satan and his demons will have a place in the Lake of Fire where the worm never dies! God did all He needed to do that we might be saved from eternal condemnation through the salvation of our souls by taking every sinners place during His crucifixion on the cross as His Only, Begotten Son, Jesus! Now we don't have to keep the laws they had to keep until Jesus' death and resurrection, Who made a way for us to keep the Ten Commandments which all the laws hang on by truly believing Jesus is real and that He is the Messiah, Who is God with us for He took upon human flesh, but never sinned nor had any sin, so He became the perfect and unspotted, sacrificial Lamb by dying while taking all sins' stripes upon Himself!

Jesus is the only way we can reach Heaven and our Heavenly Father, God Jehovah, as there is no other way but His for us to enter the Pearly Gate of Glory with Him! He will come again and catch away His own and then the ones left behind will be judged for their sins, if not saved during the Great Tribulation, which is how God will punish all unbelievers because unless we believe in God's Holy Spirit and live like Jesus, no way can anyone be saved and resurrected into eternal life of peace joy and love! Another thing God is Holy and Almighty, the everlasting Father Who is the Supreme Being and what He says and does is His will and way not ours! Should we go into the Lake of Fire, well it is our fault by not choosing Jesus as our own personal Savior and Lord and not God's for He made a way for us to be saved and be with Him, forever! God gives each of us at least one chance to be saved and set free from sin's condemnation by our accepting Jesus and repenting of our sins by turning around in life and following Him on His righteous road leading to eternal life and not satan's path leading to death's flames!

So, you will truly and be saved and study God's Word, diligently, love, honor, worship and obey Him to be ready, staying ready and waiting, patiently, for our Lord's return! God Jehovah died for us and we need never to die for Him, for by His crucifixion and resurrection He is the One Who paid the price so by believing faith in Jesus we are set free and need not suffer in Hell's fiery flames of sulfur and brimstone! Amen! Please allow God's Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth, so you will know what is right and what is wrong! Amen! God Bless! Ma

The claim is made that I don't know the Bible. This makes the second or third time you have attempted to refute what I'm saying yet I have not seen one scripture used to back up your statements Ma.
I'm going to use several scriptures to back what I'm saying. First of all where did God tell Adam he was going after he sinned? Did he tell him he was going to a fiery hell? Please look at Genesis 3:19. God tells Adam exactly what is going to happen to him. As for Adam dragging the rest of us into sin and death what happens to us when we die? I encourage you to open your Bibles and see for yourself. I'm going to give the reference and those following this conversation please feel free to open your Bibles and see it for yourself.
The next reference is found at Psalm 146:3-4. Particularly vs 4. Notice he returns to the ground and his thoughts perish. If someone was being burned in a fiery hell do you think they would need to know why they were being burned? The next scripture we can consider is found at Ecclesiastes ch 9:4-6. Crystal clear information straight from Gods word. Vs 10 is quite clear. No wisdom to the place we are going. So how can this statement possibly be refuted? The next scripture we can look at is found at Ezekiel 18:4. What does the Bible say happens to the soul that sins? God provides the answer at that scripture.
Another familiar account is found at John chapter 11 and take note of what Jesus himself said at verses 11-14. Jesus did not say that Lazarus had gone anywhere else but what did he say?
Another thing that was said in a previous post was that Jehovah had died for our sins. I find that very difficult to believe especially when Habbakuk 1:12.
There are several statements by Jesus himself at John 3:16,17. Do good to look up the word begotten in your dictionary. John ch 17:3 who sent who? Look up the word "sent" very interesting. If you would like to get into this further I'd be happy too. When you make the claim that I don't know the Bible please back up your statements with scripture and not just parrot what some preacher told you...good day

Sorry, I don't speak from what preachers have told me, I have studied and studied for myself and, therefore, I know whether the preachers themselves are telling the truth! I could go through the Bible and pick out scriptures and verses to prove almost anything, but no one can pick and choose for the whole Bible has to be studied and learned by the leading of God's Holy Spirit! You can believe whatever you want to, but doesn't make it necessarily so....there is a Savior and He is Jesus and Jesus is God born in the flesh of man so He was fully God and fully man, so he endured all that we will endure and even more! He is the One Who forgives us our sins when we repent and turn away from sinning willfully!

When I have the time and feel better, I will look up a lot of Scriptures showing that what I have said is true and God has proven Himself to me! So, I guess none of us will go anywhere according to you but in the ground with no memory of how we lived or what we done on earth in our mortal lives! The soul, mind and spirit are always alive and either we will spend eternity with Jesus in new immortal bodies or in the Lake of Fire depending on our choice to accept Jesus as our own personal Lord and Savior or not!

If what you say is true then there was no reason for God to come and die for us in His Son's name, Jesus! I have to go to bed now and will get back with you later about the Scriptures you posted in your post! I don't like to argue with anyone, but by your posts you could lead others astray, before they have time to be saved and learn the real truth about Jesus' life, death and resurrection and where we will go after mortality ends. The saved will be with Jesus and inherit with Him the Kingdom of God as God's sons and daughters....being adopted Jews in the family of God! Those who will be cast into Hell or the fiery lake are not His Children, for they refused to believe in Jesus and live for Him! I love Jesus God's Son and I love God, Who is our Almighty God, the Supreme One of the whole universe and God's Holy Spirit! God is all three persons in one! I just wish I could let you know how He has worked in my life and what He has done for me in many miraculous ways by dreams, visions and etc. With God all things are possible and to question His ways and judge Him is not our privilege to do! I am not bragging but praising God in Jesus' name for His love and mercy and what He's done for me and others He can do for you and will do, by yielding your all to Him! Amen! Ma

God three in one? Here we go. Get your Bible ready. Go to Matthew chapter 4. Take a look at vs 9-10. Ask yourself, how can Satan tempt God with his own creation? Back up just a few verses to ch 3:17. Notice a voice from the heavens saying this is my Son the beloved whom I have approved. Now ask yourself, does God have to approve of himself? Same statement is repeated at Matthew 17:5 during the transfiguration. "This is my Son the beloved, whom I have approved, listen to him." Does God have to approve of himself? Now please look at the statement found at Matthew 28:18. Who gave Jesus all authority in heaven and on earth? Luke 3:22 we find a parallel account of what was said at Jesus baptism. Once again does God need to approve of himself? Luke 4:5,6 the devil offers Jesus all the kingdoms and their glory. If Jesus was the originator of all creation what would be the point of offering him his own creation?
A very familiar scripture which is also called the gospel in miniature is found at John 3:16. Notice the scripture says God GAVE his only begotten Son. It does not say God gave himself. Notice the next scripture down. Who sent who? Notice John 7:16. Jesus said that what he taught was not his but belongs to the one that sent him. How can this be so if he was God? Look at vs 28, 29 same chapter. Jesus said he was sent. So who sent him? Vs 33 Jesus said he is going back to the one that sent him. John ch 8:42 once again Jesus said he was sent. John ch 11:41-42 who is Jesus talking to himself? Notice he again said he was sent. We can go on and on with this but I'll just give you a few more. Go to John chapter 17 look at vs 3-5. Once again Jesus said he was sent. Vs 4 states that Jesus had work he was assigned to do while on earth. Vs 5 notice Jesus is asking to have the glory he had ALONGSIDE his father before the world was. Does that sound like he was God or was he next to God? Very interesting scripture found at John 20:17. Jesus said he is ascending to his Father and God...wait Jesus has a God? That's what the scripture says. The same admission can be found at Revelation 3:12 where Jesus in his heavenly glory some 65 or so years after his resurrection claims to have a God 4 times in one scripture. When Stephen was being stoned what does the account say he saw? I invite you to look at your Bible in Acts 7:55. He saw Gods glory and Jesus standing at Gods right hand. Stephen said this in the next scripture Jesus standing at Gods right hand. Kind of looks like two different individuals doesn't it? Now look at 1 Corinthians 15:24. Who does Jesus hand the kingdom to himself? Note that he hands the kingdom to his God and Father. Not himself. Look at verses 27-28. Vs 28 states that the son will subject himself to the one that subjected all things to him. So does God subject himself to himself? Your turn

Genesis 2:7....Prior to this event where was Adam? If you've read Chapter 1, you will know where Adam was! He didn't exist as yet, on the 6th day God created Him out of dust and then Eve out of Adam's rib! Gen. 1:26,27 is informing us that God said to Jesus (Who was with Him in the beginning) for the Bible teaches God created and Jesus created, so God is the first person, Jesus is the second and the Holy Spirit, 3 persons but only One God, let us make man in our image and Adam was created on the 6th day of creation and then on the 7th God rested!

Actually I believe you are mocking and testing me which may not be but that is the way it seems to me! In the beginning God created Heaven and earth and all there is for before this God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit existed but the earth was without form, and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep! God said let there be light and there was light, for what He spoke was done by His Holy Spirit! Nothing was created without God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit! God was, is and always will be....how He became to be I do not know, as far as I know Almighty God, the Creator of everything was and is forever the Everlasting Father Whom loved us so much when the world became too sinful and needed a Savior, He sent His only, begotten Son, born of a virgin by the overshadowing of her womb by His Holy Spirit and she conceived Jesus, Who is our Savior and Lord when we believe in and accept His life, death and resurrection from the tomb for He lived again and He is alive today and lives in the hearts of true believers who serve Him, faithfully! IS 9:6....Tells about Jesus and Who He is: For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Child is given: and the government will be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace! Births foretold...MT 1:18-25! By the way, Joseph knew not Mary (have intimate relations with her) until after she birthed her first born son, JESUS! She had more children as Jesus had brothers and sisters! Jesus is also the first begotten of the dead, for after His mortal death He arose up into heaven on clouds of glory by which He will return to gather up His own to take them Home to where He is! Rev. 1.5, MT 26: 32; 1 CO: 15: 13, 20; COL 3:1

God is Love 1 John 4: 16 and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth with God and God in him (Born again Christians) verse 19, We love Him because He first loved us! John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only, begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life! Eternal life with Jesus for where He is there we shall also be! Amen!

God is a God of Wrath! IS. 13: 9 Wrath of God cometh....Ep. 5: 6; Col 3: 6 RE 6:16, RE 11: 18, RE 12:12; RE 14:8, 18:3; Re 14:19, 19:15; Re 15:1, Re 16. 19

The Book of Revelation tells the ending and what will be before the end of the age is finalized and it's meaning is reality and not symbolic! It goes along with what the Israelites suffered under Egyptian rule for 400 years plus and what happened to them before they were finally let go after all the plagues which the last one was death to all the first born and the first born of the animals! The Israelites escaped the deaths of their first born by sprinkling blood above and on their doorposts for the death angel to pass by! Also, when there was complete blackness in Egypt where they couldn't see their hands in front of their faces, the Israelites where they lived in the land of Goshen had light. The plagues of Egypt go along almost like the plagues on the ungodly in the Book of Revelation! It is like the Bible goes from the happenings in the Old Testament and to the same happenings in the New Testament! Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament by dying and then living again to give us the New Testament with God's will being done through the New Testament, for a person must die to leave a will to his/her inheritors and that is what God has done for us through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, His Son! We can't inherit anything from our parents unless they die first and that is what our own Savior did by giving us the New Testament on how to live and inherit the Beautiful Kingdom of God, His Father, with Him, when He is our Heavenly Father!

Rev. 21: is not symbolic at all but a warning in the last days before the coming of Christ to get ourselves ready for His return and to stay ready and faithful to Him! Verse 7-8! He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his/her God and he/she shall be my sons/daughters! God is no respecter of person and will save whosoever will believe and serve Him faithfully! But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers and idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone; which is the second death! The first death is when our breath of life goes out of our mortal body. Our souls and minds live forever and will never die although our bodies go back into the ground and turn to dust from which the first man Adam was made! The body has no memory in the grave for our spirits are with God and our souls remain alive! MT 7:23...Jesus will cast out those who say they've cast out devils and served Him, but did not and even fooled themselves, that He never knew them and cast them away from Him and into outer darkness with the gnashing of teeth, because that is how terrible it will be to be denied by Jesus in Whom we must have true and sincere faith in His all-forgiving love! I wouldn't be able to give you all the scripture pertaining to your questions, if I lived to 100 as my eyes are failing me and this little space I have for my Computer and to be able to type well is too small and, therefore, I hit a lot of wrong keys and have to reread and retype too many times and often lose what I have typed because of hitting the wrong keys!

I need a regular Computer desk but right now with limited space I just don't have one so my keyboard is level with my Desktop Monitor which makes typing more difficult! Not an excuse...just the facts and I can't remember like I used to as this Christian lady will soon be 80 yrs young and when unhealthy that interferes, too! Will try to answer more from your posts when I am stronger as I can hardly see right now! Love in Christ! God Bless! Ma Betty

Yes, Jesus, the begotten Son of God, has a Father and He is God the number one person of the trinity or three persons in one! But Jesus is also God, for it says in the scripture that Jesus was fully God and fully man, the only way He could endure the cross to die for us, as He never sinned nor had any sin! Jesus and God were together when the world was created and there are many scriptures where God created all things and then says Jesus created all things! God is Elohim more than one person but still only One God! IS 41:20; IS 40:26; Mal 2:10; Ep 3, 9; COL 1:16; Rev 4:11; Rev 10:6......read COL Chapter One.....explains clearly about Jesus and that in Him all fullness dwells! God as Creator of man--Gen 1:26; 2,7; 5,2; De 4:32; Jb 33:4; PS 8:5 ; 100.3; Is 51:13; Mal 2:10; Ac 17:28; Christ as Creator--Jn 1:3; 1CO 8:6; Ep 3:9; Col 1:16; He 1:1,2 Now in the Old Testament the LORD is in capital letters and Jesus is Lord in lower case letters...Is 9.6 Jesus is mighty God and God is Almighty God but both are referred to as the everlasting Father! Jesus is God, but is the second person with God in first place and the Holy Spirit in third place or rule! But Jesus will be given Earth to reign and rule with heaven His throne and earth His footstool! Now this is how I believe and understand, but I am not God nor Jesus, so I can and will make mistakes and, yet, I have studied, diligently, the Bible Scriptures after truly being saved at the age of 53 and rec the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, although I've know about Jesus most of my life, but now I know Him as my own personal Savior and Lord! Thank You, Jesus! For forgiving and redeeming me from all my sins by the pure washing of my soul by Your precious, shed blood! Amen! Well, I definitely am tired now and need a rest from trying to see, read and type from the Biblical Scriptures! God Bless! Ma

I've yet to find a scripture that says Jesus is fully God and fully man. I agree with you that Jesus was sent as the scriptures I have presented clearly say. In an earlier post you accused me of trying to lead someone astray. Not true. I merely presented the information I have found thru my personal study of the Bible. Anyone reading my comments is free to do with the information as they choose. I'm not here to argue with you. (Seems as some folks will argue with a stop sign) feel free to believe as you wish...I got stuff to find