Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how many of you

Lets see... this may take awhile! ;)

* Red Baron 3, from original BH company PNI out of Oregon (non-working, lots of bad tantalum capacitors, need time to fix it) Very curious about this one. Cult favorite.

* First Texas Search Master DX-8500 (from before First Texas bought the BH company from bankruptcy, thereby saving all this great technology!) It works ok, maybe not as deep as modern BH stuff and is bothered by wet grass, but we found a lot with it when we bought it in 1981. Amazing meteorite detector!

* (2) Time Rangers V2 from 2001, early version, my favorite! Not as hot on tiny gold as I'd like, but competent at everything else. Has problems with stony meteorites, the nature of its design to reject hot rocks. Hot All Metal mode if you know the tricks.

* Time Ranger V4 (current production) It does almost everything the older version does as well or better, and adds a few new modes.

* Pioneer EX Good beginner model, decent ID and discrimination, modest depth. Your kids won't be digging pits. 7" coil has good sharp reponse, easy to pinpoint and swaps with other BH coils.

* Discovery 2200 (as good as my Time Ranger in its motion mode) I obviously don't need a backup, but this would be good friend/loaner machine and it's easy to use.

* Tek T2, not a BH, but close enough for this list. I'm liking the T2 more and more as I learn it, but won't trade off my Time Ranger either. Different horses for different courses, but either can be a do-it-all machine.

* Landstar, I seriously considered this model before popping for the Time Ranger, I wanted all the bells and whistles! Now that I've tried it, it could certainly hold its own against the TR in most situations. Manual GB, not as definite as I'd like. Good All Metal mode, Motion ID as good as any of its siblings.

>other makes<
* Radio Shack 63-3003 Micronta 4003 VLF Ferrous/non-ferrous tuning, good meteorite hunter.

* Fisher Gold Bug 1, made me want iron reject something fierce! Good if you can find a non-trashy spot to hunt, hard to do in these hills.

* Falcon pinpointer. I love it, bought when we got the Gold Bug. Spendy, but worth it for durability and function. Could be deeper, but it's ok in use.

dobbie said:
thats ok silversmith.. i am the only one with a BH outback
* Outback, I had two of 'em! Gave one to a sister who made some great finds first trip out, an old wagon wheel and other things. I had no problems with it and liked the disc mode. Kinda similar to the Pioneer EX but it has a few different twists.

I've tried out the Eurotek and Eurotek Pro and think they're great as well, a new direction for First Texas as they continue to forge ahead.

I think that's all of 'em! But I want others, is it an addiction yet? Nah! :)

-Ed

Pioneer 505

BH Tracker IV. Fresh out of the box....hasn't seen the outdoors yet, let alone its first find.
Can you say "Newbie?" Just bought from Academy for $79.99. :)

I have a Time Ranger.

Besides the Pioneer 505, I just got a Legacy 3500. HH.

Walt

Started with the Tracker IV....used it from November 2013 till March 2014.
Keeping Tracker IV as back up.
Bought Legacy 3500 in March.
Also bought Garrett Pro Pointer in March.

Have not found a reason to buy another detector brand......loving my Bounty Hunters.

Discovery 3300
Lone Star
Tracker IV
Looking at buying a Time Ranger. Anyone have an opinion on them?
My only non-BH machine is a Discovery Treasure Baron with 2.2 chip Cointrax module