Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F75 Digging low VDI readings.

Your "Positive" ID on "Deeper" targets should by stats, diminish further when the target gets below a certain depth.
I`ve found since the F75 first came out that if the readings read below 18 its almost certainly going to be trash . Metals such as Pewter can give lowish readings though. Ground mineralization can cause havoc with detection.The" FE bar reader " is the dark horse of the F75 . It should be checked and noted of its readings quite often . at least every 15 minutes. That will tell you the state of the soil beneath you as to the mineralization content. And then ! adjust your Sens ` accordingly.

Just last week I got a deep 'iron' signal that gave a fairly consistent ID of 11, indicative of iron. This was in dry beach sand, using all-metal mode, manual ground balance of about 85. The target ended up being a very deep (~12-14 inches) aluminum pull tab (old style) which then ID'd as a low to mid 30s target. So, if it's wicked deep and reading as iron, there's a chance that it ISN'T iron. Heck, there's no reason that pull tab couldn't have been a piece of GOLD with that mid 30s ID..... - Jim

The thing is , why dig a target that says 11 on the ID when we know that 11 is crap. As it happens the pulltab IS crap so in one way the F75 wasn`t lying.
If by your decision to dig a target of 11 and as you say you discovered a pull tab, then hey, why not just discard reading the ID readout and simply just Dig every target from 1 upwards? I mean ,where does it start and end, that we "mistrust" the Digi readout and Dig anyway.
If i get a readout of 11, it gets IGNORED and will forever more, and personally, i don`t give a flying butt if i missed a pulltab or not! 11 is trash !!
Are you absolutely sure there was no bit of junk in or around that pulltab you dug that could have give you the 11 reading anyway ,did you check the hole after?

Remember the Beachboys .... "Be true to your school" ?????
Well try Fishers " Be true to your F75". (and don`t ever doubt it ):super:

n/t

Jeb,

Yep, I agree with you after thinking about your post. The odds are that it will be trash and instead of 'gambling' on deep, low VDI targets, it's better to move on and find a better target. We only have so many holes that we can dig in our lifetime.

I did re-check the hole and there wasn't another target in there. I merely shared this to point out that at extreme depths, the F75 can be fooled into thinking things are iron when they are not. We all know it happens with a variety of machines. Occasionally, we will bypass a piece of silver or gold at great depth because the VDI will call it iron. We don't know how often it happens though, so I occasionally dig one of them iron deepies to calibrate my brain and machine.

Jim

Hi Jim.
I can understand why you did have a look. There`s no law against looking whenever you feel like it. I just feel if we go down the road of digging every target ,were going to have a bad back eventually. :lol: seriously though, You do whatever YOU want to detect like my friend and if it suits you, then who`s bothered. The beauty of this hobby is that we detect whichever way we want to . My only concern is that sometimes ,suggestion can just possibly lead down a path that doesn`t warrant necessarily going down. If you hopefully see my point.But good hunting my friend and the best of luck to you, i sincerly hope i didn`t offend you..

The F75 is designed to have the VDI and the sound work independently of each other, therefore the vdi numbers don't necessarily mean the same thing. Use your best judgment and dig what you will. I am the one who found the half dime at 8 inches by digging a vdi reading of 10. For the guy who will NEVER dig those low signals, all I can say is THANKS!, more deep goodies for the better hunters out there.

travchance9991 said:
The F75 is designed to have the VDI and the sound work independently of each other, therefore the vdi numbers don't necessarily mean the same thing. Use your best judgment and dig what you will. I am the one who found the half dime at 8 inches by digging a vdi reading of 10. For the guy who will NEVER dig those low signals, all I can say is THANKS!, more deep goodies for the better hunters out there.

Dig away, I hope your medical insurance is up to date to cover the eventual bad backs, due to the constant un nessesary digging your going to have in the near future..

I should dig more but I can never get out! It is always raining!!! ARRGGGGG!!!!

One day soon, I am going to learn my F75 :)