Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Classroom

Seeker Shawn said:
so you don't use the wireless module unless you have some standard hardwired headphones that you want to plug into it? Do you use it at all with the wireless headphones that come with the unit?

No.
Just like Jeff said.

jamesinwesttexas said:
Thanks for the response. I understand that higher frequencies will find smaller pieces. What I don't understand is why the multi frequency using the same higher frequency will not find those smaller pieces. I accept that the single frequency will do better, since Minelab says so. Just don't understand why. Thanks. James

**************************************​

"Hi James"

Single frequency is 'more potent' as already explained; i.e. ALL the TX power is devoted to it, (Continuous Wave);
Whereas 'Multi' only affords each of its several 'PULSES' (12? or 13?) of specific frequencies....a related 'POWER-ON' time, (weighted).
So each mode's frequency-sharing can be customised to suit either-or-both ground-conditions or desired targets-grouping...(ultimately, a compromise.)

The answere to your discrete quiery also involves the reality of ground conditions,(or other mediums involved),,,,,how in 'multi-mode', the higher the frequency the greater the ATTENUATION of both the relate component of TX power as it progresses to the target, and the concequential reduction in the 'returned' target-reaction.

There is also the second aspect, and that relates to the RECEIVER's BANDWIDTH; (which neccessarilly includes the search-head's RX coil's characteristics,)

Depending on the frequency MODE; (Multi or Single frequency); can be programmed to only process the 'narrower' band of responses related to that frequency’s spectrum of 'returned' signals. (Less noise..more efficient.)

James, it is not easy to fully explain the complexities involved, so please don't be confused by the many differing ways the answeres can be worded........matt

Seeker Shawn said:
so you don't use the wireless module unless you have some standard hardwired headphones that you want to plug into it? Do you use it at all with the wireless headphones that come with the unit?

The wireless "WM 08" module is not water proof. (Has a 3.5mm (1/8-inch) headphone jack, and also has a threaded socket to use with EQUINOX waterproof headphones. Note that the WM 08 itself is not waterproof.)

But some including me, (When I know I will not submerge the module) plug in the cordless headphones to the WM 08. This bypasses the wireless headphone battery and if the WM 08 battery craps out (never happened yet) I would have the wireless headphone battery to use.

I did meet one person who thought the sound came through the WM 08 faster than wireless headphone wifi (or whatever it's called) alone. I did not notice that.

A few details would be helpful here.
Have you noise canceled
What is your sensitivity set at
HH Jeff