Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Years of Fishing Trips-1-2-3-4-5-6-7

n/t

n/t

[attachment 28787 ONEEYEBAY.jpg]

We would venture out farther every day. We wanted to see all of the lake that we could but I have been thinking about it and I don

I honestly love reading them ! By the way, in a week or so, I'm gonna ask you for your address. I've got a little something here that I want to send you. Pretty sure you'll like this or these ?!! Don't ask me what it is. Just a pretty neat "token"(s) in honor of your fishing the Canadian lakes. One clue I'll give you.....you won't find these in a store anymore !! I'll let you know when I'm ready. Won't be long !!

n/t

like fishin' and these stories are very entertaining! :) I'm not much of a one handed typist tho!!! :rage:

myself with the same results on pike around here. Good story, I can visualized the rain on the water, and the fish moving about. Around here with no floor on a tent, down by the salt water the sand fleas will eat you alive. Same up there? In main we got caught in a wind and rain storm and almost sunk the boat from the wind driving it over the stern on Moosehead lake....It was going down as we bounced on the bottom and made sure. That cured us of not paying better attention to weather on that lake.

We await part 3....

George-CT

I have been out on White Lake when it was just plane scary. Huge swells. I will get into that in maybe number 4. I think I have had five trips to that lake, with different people and some of the stuff runs together. I am trying to keep the first trip together in my head.

Heck, we had a lot of excitement on that lake over the years that I have not even touched on. Some I can not even post here :D

sure sounds like a good spot to check around if your ever up there again. We used the flat fish lures also with the 3 hooks hanging off them. 2 off the spreader and one n the rear as I recall. My best luck came with an orange one with black spots. I had a nasty snag one day on the spool and had it almost reeled all the way but left if hanging over the edge in the water to getit untangled. My buddy was next to me, and as I was finishing up I saw his eyes get real big and I looked behind me just intime to see a big pikeswing by it but miss or shunt it at last second. Royal, he looked like he went by for 2 minutes. For here he was big. In the 3 foot class and we were fishing a reseivor in Groton. Early sping there in the shallows, is some great fishing. We would go in a dusk and fish till dawn....Some of those night time strikes will make your hair stand on end. I had this one surface lure, it looked like a big bumble bee with wings on it, and it would make this plop plop sound... I still have it here somewhere. All the paint is off it, teeth marks all over it, one wing broke, but what a fishing fool this thing was. Your spiking my interest up in fishing again.....which is good.

George-CT

anything will hit them if presented right.http://www.minorfineart.com/%20%20NEW%20ART%20FOR%20WEB%209_04/Fishing%20Lures/JITTERBUG.jpg

Two followups come to mind and I will add them to the next segment. One was in One Eye Bay a few years later in the spring.

I love remembering back.

One day we were fishing about where the red dot is. Things were slow and it was raining as usual. Not a pouring down rain but just a on and off type of thing. We would look at the sky, we did a lot of that and every lite spot gave us hope that the weather was breaking.

We never took a radio with us on these trips and had no idea what the weather was going to be. In fact we knew nothing at all about the outside world. One year we were up there through the entire Six Day War. Came out and heard that there had been a war. Sorta made us stop and think.

We were fishing and not doing very well, as I remember in. I was running the motor, heck I always was running the motor and we were trolling. That lake had great fishing in it but not just anywhere. You had to know where to go. Orie had told me that most of the fishermen fished at the mouth of the Shabodic River and camped down there too. He said that in the spring there would sometimes be 20 or 25 boats of fishermen down there and almost all of them camping. He said that in the spring especially the storms can make it impossible to return across the lake. Because of that, I always had a popup tent and food and fixings with me. I didn

Sure beats the heck out of the rat race. You're lucky to have memories like this to reflect on. And I'm more than happy to read and laugh at them. Bruce must've been pi$$ed at you:lol:....this ole' city boy probably would've started crying:cry:.....lookin' forward to more.

Rob

something to see. As I was writing it I visualized the stunned look and started laughing, after all these years. Bruce and I were always at each other. We sorta drifter apart in later years but we had some great times.

I am glad you are enjoying it. I had not thought about this stuff in many years and it is fun bringing it back.

I think I have four or five more about White Lake alone. At least that

your buddy musta been surprised to see that one go over the side! :lol:

it was as if his brain would just not process it. His mouth was opening and closing as if he could not get the words out. Then when they did they continued for about 45 years.

Hummmmm :devil: That is not the only time I have done that either. I had a rotten SOB do it to me once too. It was not funny that time:lmfao:

That bear incident sounds like things could have gone bad real fast if the bear had been just a tab more aggressive. I am still enjoying the story, now on to reading part 4. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Back then and maybe even now, there was a spring bear season and the lisence was only five bucks. We started taking a rifle for protection and bought a license every year but never needed it.

I met some guys camping in a cabin on Ravine lake though that had problems with bear but that is another story

He might have been tempted to shoot you after you released his big fish. :rofl: I have never seen a fish caught without setting the hook, amazing how you caught it. After reading four parts, this is definitely a fishing trip of a lifetime. I will be looking forward to reading part 5. Thanks for posting these stories, they may be as close as I ever will get to experiencing this type of fishing. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)