Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i owner lost password on unit I am considering buying

Ytcoinshooter

I'm looking at a v3i - considering buying as an upgrade from my DFX & XLT. Will I have to send it in to Whites or take it to a local dealer to have the owners name cleared so I can enter my name? Thanks everyone, I've been silent on the forums for a couple of years, just lurking and reading.

Originally White's said it would have to be sent in but that might have been changed a little. If the registered owner were to call White's service, they might be able to help over the phone with a master reset. :shrug:

Thanks, I really appreciate your reply.

Give a call, 1-541-367-6121, just tell the person who answers that you forgot to write down the password for your V3i and they should be able to verify that you are the owner and tell you the password. Actually have him do it.

How does White's know what password the owner entered?

I went from the XLT-DFX to the V3i what a grate detector you will love it. I just looked in my owner guide did not say how to get a code.:twodetecting::whites::beers:

The factory password comes up when you enter your name and address. Once you enter your own password, the factory code is gone........ as I understand it. I might be wrong on that though.

The password is in the machine, we didn't pick it. My post is a copy of a post from Whites. (by J Cully)

They could have changed that with the V3i version, I was going with the original V3 info from Carl.......my bad.

When I bought my V3 off craigslist, I called up to check the serial number to make sure it was not stolen. While I was on the phone with Mary Hudson, she took care of the warranty transfer, and if I am not mistaken she gave me the password to change the info in the unit. It has been two years so I am not sure on this.

The password is on a per unit basis, users cannot change it. Just call in with your software serial number (the number on the box isn't what you want, the one on the splash screen is) and they can get you the password. No need to send it in. You'll need the serial number on the box for the warranty transfer though.

Thank you all. I really appreciate all the input. Findmall has always been a great site for friendly support and knowledge. I'm still trying to hook up a deal for a V3i. Just sold my DFX and am packing it up to ship. I gave the guy a deal, stock coil and 14DD for $500. my dime on the shipping. Funny though, I think I'm keeping my XLT because of the way I can get into places of high EMI and use my Eliminator coil. I just love that coil! I know places where it's all I can use without turning down the sens or preamp gain.
HH-Bruce

I'm sorry to hijack your post but I'm currently in that situation. I bought a second hand V3i and have no way to find original password. Is there any way to contact white for this purpose without having to call them by phone? just want to avoid transatlantic charges :(

I recall somebody posted a web form or something?

UPDATE: I just saw the link in other post and tried entering both S/N but it replies Warranty not registered !! :(

Thanks
Antonio

All information is on Whites site.

http://whiteselectronics.com/component/formgeneral/?controller=spectrapass&task=show

If the owner didn't register it then I don't know.[size=large]?????[/size] The phone number you need is on the page call Whites.
ROB

If it is not registered I'm not sure how they would know who really owns it.

Thanks Rob

It seems they are closed now, at least I got an answering machine. I'll try tomorrow at a more appropriate time.

Cheers from Spain
Antonio

As for myself, I just ordered a NEW V3i. I'll be interesting to see how it is going back to areas that did produce years ago and where finds were usually found 5 - 6 inches with the the XLT & DFX.