Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The dreaded Iron Question with some pictures.

spdnj said:
What is the down side of a faster recovery setting?

My unscientific guess made without the support of any DATA says that you might lose some ID capability and some audio quality on deep good targets. Can someone with a test bed confirm?

go-rebels said:
spdnj said:
What is the down side of a faster recovery setting?

My unscientific guess made without the support of any DATA says that you might lose some ID capability and some audio quality on deep good targets. Can someone with a test bed confirm?

I've done this kind of testing with my SE Pro and can confirm that sort of a response should happen typically. I'd be really interested to see what the Vision does at 8" with these tests.

Jason in TN said:
By going to the discrimination control and adjusting the ground filter to 12.5hz I can reduce distance with good tone and proper ID to 61/2 inches. That is with the test done in video
with nail laying long ways.

Jason

Jason, sorry for being ignorant with the Vision... Is the ground filter adjustement you described akin to changing the recovery speed? If so, then did you reduce the distance between the nail and coin from 12" to 6.5"? That's a significant improvement if the ID and tone did not degrade too badly.

on the XLT now the Vision and will show when someting good is hiding in there.

Ground filter is a setting that helps you deal with different types of mineralized ground and sweep speed. Lower filter for slower sweep speeds and lower mineral ground. Higher filer for more mineral ground and brisker sweep speed.

Recovery speed is a seperate setting that you can change.

go-rebels said:
Can you vary the recovery speed on the SE Pro? I had a "II" and don't remember that setting.

There is not a recovery speed option as far as I know, just the fast setting which I think (key word think) is the same thing. It is only on and off though.

wheresthegoodstuff said:
Ground filter is a setting that helps you deal with different types of mineralized ground and sweep speed. Lower filter for slower sweep speeds and lower mineral ground. Higher filer for more mineral ground and brisker sweep speed.

Recovery speed is a seperate setting that you can change.

That would be correct.

How much separation can you get between the nail and coin when you apply the high filter and high recovery speed?

go-rebels said:
How much separation can you get between the nail and coin when you apply the high filter and high recovery speed?

With the recovery speed set to max it is truly amazing how quick the Vision will recover. Set at max at a normal sweep speed it will
hit a quarter three times on one swing of the coil. Once on each edge and also in the center. Could get a Quarter to hit in the center of
coil with nail turned long ways and still under the side of the coil Do not know how this would effect depth or id at depth but i am sure it
could be used to pull goodies out of some heavy iron. Will be testing it out at a spot as soon as the winter wheat has been cut.

Jason

My test where with a silver Dime......in my shop.... I test worthy units......
The key I found was tones ON....... I believe it was the deep HUNTER program........if you check this program is open down to -21 or in that general neighborhood the nail is marginal or least this one.... open it up another (accept) negative 10-15 numbers OR till the Cut nail gives a good grunt about every time.......but do not go to far past this ...............Bottle cap basically Off and the 12.5 Ground thingy this may be fine tuned from soil to soil ( still looking for the sweet spots in all this) but I was seeing SEE Thru ability that was on par or AS good as some of the best ((((IF NOT Better)))) .......Time will tell with the Right Set UP.....
I locked the tracking (which I do in Producing 12X12 area) one less flag in the registers (less numbers to crunch)

MY Thoughts are this will be a deadly UNIT in the hands of some one that runs it wide open and Maxed to the limit .......I can NOT turn on the Hot Transmitter in my shop .......But I know places that a wide open machine in this mode will hand people their rears on A platter........

Final Thoughts "Good JOB WHITES".............Tame enough for the novice that can read... to turn on & go..............But Has the Hemi mounted under the hood for those that want to put their foot in the battery pack .....

These Are my Thoughts..... I am a Multi- line dealer......No One owns ME.....I reach in my pocket and pay for My units..... just like my friends and customers ...
this IS the most configurable Multi FreQ. metal detector ON the planet .......AVAILABLE NOW......

Happy Trails
Jim Pugh

All machines on the market today will fail on this nail test, if you place the nail 3-4 inches above the coin. That is the real world scenario when you are hunting. I use three quarters, three inches a part, and quickly sweep the coil across. How many hits do you get? Very few detectors out there will get three signals as you past over the three quarters.

Jason in TN said:
Could get a Quarter to hit in the center of coil with nail turned long ways and still under the side of the coil.
Jason

Was this using a normal sweep motion?

Most machines will still hit on the coin with the nail laying on top of the coin. That's no big deal.

Ole Streak done a demo up in Virginia and I would like to see your results with the Vision if you were to do the same test.

Take a little tupperware bowl with the lid. Tape the nail on the lid side of it and tape your coin of choice to the bottom of the bowl and run the detector over that. There may only be 2-3 inches of space between the nail and coin but I would probably guess your results will be different than you just placing the nail directly on top of the coin.

OzarkTom said:
All machines on the market today will fail on this nail test, if you place the nail 3-4 inches above the coin. That is the real world scenario when you are hunting. I use three quarters, three inches a part, and quickly sweep the coil across. How many hits do you get? Very few detectors out there will get three signals as you past over the three quarters.

Have not tried the nail above the coin. At fastest speed the vision will get all three Quarters I can promise you. It will get on three times with the factory DD coil.