Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Vaquero or Cibola?

You must have got the counter-weights version. :lol: Mine only weighs a little over 4. I think once most people actually get one in hand, they are suprised just how heavy they ARE NOT compared to all the rumors to the contrary.

Ralph

So what your saying is that those company that do not have a lifetime warranty do not deliver for what they charge.
tony

The performance of the 1280 was close to the 1266. Both were better than some others in certain types of ground but they were limited because of the lack of manual ground balance. In the Fisher line the Coinstrike, 1270, and CZ6a were the best bad ground detectors, but the 1270 only has manual GB in all metal mode and the CZ has to be run in all metal mode to get the good depth in bad dirt, the Coinstrike worked good in disc. mode with GB...... Dave

It's good to get it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak!

Maybe one day I'll get to hunt up there.

John, Since you are pounding this site, do a comparison of the soil conditions when you go out. Listen for all sounds and see at which part of the day the signals come in better- or more robust. I don't know what part of the country you live in or whether or not there are many cell and electrical power lines and many other factors, but given if you go out to a site for a few days, you will begin to notice the fluctuations of the soil conditions. This might just be able to assist you in making better finds. Remember the soil conditions and where certain signals are. Go back at another time and those marginal signals might just be coins masked by the mineralization and other factors within the soil.

No, I am not saying that at all or in the least. What I am saying is that those companies who offer a life time warranty on their product, obviously stand behind their product and support it for the life of the product. Those companies who don't, what does this demonstrate to the consumer? Gee- we will include parts into the machine that have a product life of about three years. If we have a two year warranty, we are promised you will give us X dollars in the 2nd and 3rd year to replace the part that broke. Since they are the only MFR of that product the revenue is guaranteed to continue to that company for as long as you own their product, as it is a unique product that not everyone can repair. Sure those companies deliver but at higher cost to the consumer and continued revenue stream. Again this depends upon your use and how long you own their product.

what I said was that the more warranty you get, the more you as a consumer pay for it essentially up front and those are monies that aren't buyng you a better detector at all but just "insurance". Insurance is great if you're of the mind that "getting something for nothing" is good and you think insurance protection provides that. If you realize that there is no such thing as REALLY getting something for nothing, then insurance isn't such a good deal. What I would prefer is to KNOW I'm getting a better built more reliable capable detector up front that doesn't include some unknown charge that "covers" the costs to provide a lifetime of warranty charges. If you want to believe that there are detector manufacturers out there that are giving you the best detector they can, while they intend to cover the cost of ongoing warranty work out of their company's pockets, well I think you get my drift. :)

It basically boils down to this:

1. Buy the product at a decent price level with a limited warranty, and then "IF" it needs repairs, send it in and pay the costs required for repairs.

or

2. Buy the product at an inflated price, far above what it really should sell for considering the quality of the components used, and at the same time PAY for the lifetime warranty repairs up front, whether you ever use them or not.

In the later example, the manufacturer is getting his profits up front as well as his repair costs up front, whether you ever use them or not. Quite a deal for the manufacturer, probably NOT for the cousumer.

Like Brad says, there is no such thing as a free lunch (or free warranty).

Ralph

I think Tesoro's are fairly priced compared to the competition. The Cibola at $340 I think is a good buy. Compared to the competition, I think it performs admirably. Plus, I know if it breaks, they will fix it at no charge. If they figured a little into the price for the warranty, so be it.