Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 Review

The hammered coin Edward 1st "London mint" Long cross penny. Silver, 1.27 grams, 18.39 mm. Class 1c; 1279 AD. Obverse: crowned facing bust with legend +EDW REX ANGL DNS HYB . Reverse: long cross with three pellets in each quadrant dividing legend CIVI TAS LON DON
The Commonwealth hammered Shield of St George within wreath formed from a palm and laurel branch. 1649-1660 AD Rev: Co joined shield of St. George and Ireland with mark of value above
The Roman coins: The one on the left: Crispus 'Globe on Altar' AE Follis Bronze, 3.04 grams, 18.48 mm. Lyons. 321 AD. Obverse: CRISPUS-NOB CAES, laureate and cuirassed bust right.
Reverse: BEATA TRANQVILLITAS, Globe on altar inscribed VO - TIS - XX, 3 stars above, C-R across fields, mintmark PLG in exergue
The one on the right: DN VALENTINI-ANVS PF AVG: Valentinian I as Augustus A.D. 364-367. Diademed (Pearl or rosette), draped and cuirassed, r.
Reverse type: SECVRITAS REIPVBLICAE: Victory advancing l., holding wreath and palm. PCONST in exergue on reverse.Bronze (AE) minted in present day Arles, France (Arelate)
The silver thingie on the front left of the pic is a piece of a Grotal bell.
S

This coin is very strange, the two coins are plated but what confuse the experts is the solid gold bar joining the two coins, a fake would not be joined by solid gold.... So they can't prove it is real or fake! However a modern copy of this coin is for sale on the net! So is this one real or not?

Rupee fAlamgir II (

Several Roman coins and some Vicky pennies and one George IV King Of Brittan coin/medallion? Researching, one Grotal bell and one piece of one gold plated watch winder. Couple of gold plated buttons and a lovely Roman Pendant. Most of these finds was found around 8 inches down. Damn what a machine! T2 Rules, Oh yeah and I dug loads of rubbish! haha

Phew last dig of the day and I managed to squeeze out a hammered coin! Edward 1st 1279 AD, badly destroyed roman coins two vicky's and a broken silver pendant (FLO will have to decide how old it is) Selection of buttons D^%mn German machine gun bullet lol again! Medieval pendant with a cross on it and a selection of buckles. And a six peal lead token.
Love my T2 LOL Getting better every time I go out with it! Practice makes perfect!
S

When I found this coin I thought Happy days GOLD LOL nope its thinly plated.... sigh Oh well back to searching for my first gold coin!
S

Today's finds Lovely medieval buckle complete. Another Edward 1st Hammered coin Unclipped and with the lombardic N's the rare one! Several buckles and the ever present Vicky pennies one States of Jersey 1/20th of a shilling. A roman coin that had a hole in it the Saxon's used to wear them as pendants. A sword guard and a piece of "Georgian?" Jewellery. Lovely cold and wet day out and the T2 performed masterly on settings Tone 2+, Discrimination 4, Sensitivity 85. Have a good one!
S

Large Silver coins not worth nothing! Maybe the pendant might be worth something but I think its a Victorian copy!
At least I enjoyed a few pints haha. Have Fun
S

n/t

I thought you might enjoy my small collection of old silver and hammered coins, all found with the T2 settings, 85 sens; 4 Disc: and tone 2+.
Have fun S

nice hammies bud whereabouts in the uk are you ? Im in Essex and have a Ltd coming Tuesday running an Etrac at the mo so could be interesting
mick

T2, I tested the T2 with scrap gold (9ct) and the reading is 53 on my settings, but the problem is I have not yet found a gold coin so sad! Soon as I do I will let you know oh yeah and vise versa! Let me know if you get one! But one thing I learned is not to pay to much attention to the ID.... since half cut hammered coins come up on the meter as 44, and it is foil reading so 44 is a digger. So listen carefully on 2+ and dig all the good and slightly dodgy signals. My hammered coins readings vary as well from 66 for 12-16mm coins and 78 for 20-25mm coins and depending on the quality of the silver the readings change again! So I think that gold coins will do the same depending on the soil conditions the size and quality of the gold the readings will change. I could be wrong but when in doubt DIG. Only signal I do not dig is the heavy Grunt iron makes however big pieces of iron will give a high sharp signal, so I dig them as well and this way I found very nice relics and coins next to the large piece of iron, and loads of rubbish. I still maintain finding the goodies is sound memory and I personally do not pay to much attention to the ID as there is just to many variables that interfere with the reading. Hope this helps.
S

Hi,
Winchester Wickham and Bentley is my hunting grounds but Essex is good as well make no mistake I hope you are fit Dude! The Ltd is going to go deep and you will be digging graves! At the moment my best find was a Hammered about 12 inches down and it was a John short cross penny. I was digging carefully for about 20 ffing minutes before I got to it (Don't want to damage a hammered now do we?) It was pasture so not to easy to dig. The LTD goes deeper, mmm to deep for me LOL
But if you invite me to a dig I will return the favour..........
S

Hmmm rough day back to old farm but still managed to keep my reputation! One rare Edward silver hammered coin no Idea if its 1st or VIth researching, usual couple of Vicky's The funny thing with the square hole at the back is a clothes hook and the usual German bullet LOL (Dem Germans) Thought it was a coin! Watch winder some buttons but no real cool stuff except the rare Hammered but the condition ain't that good...sigh....
S

Found Martyr Worthy Saxon village ref. FLO officer Robert Webley "Use undefined no reference in UK finds Database or British museum database". Heeehaa first of its kind! Thought you American Diggers will appreciate it!.
S

n/t