Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 Review

3 Hammered coins in one day! A beautiful Pilgrims "Badge Cross" with Jesus on the one side a lovely early strap end I must still confirm if the decoration is just that or some of the earliest writing known, FLO got his work cut out on this one! A lovely Tudor clothes fastener and a sailors button a lovely decorated silver and gold plated spoon and a Medieval brooch, the ring thingie etc sometimes I just love me T2 mmmmmmm kiss kisss (Hope no-one saw that) LOL
S

For our friend SILVERMAN - I took your photo of recent finds and lightened it to show more detail - am adding it here in case you want to change it out for the previous version.

I was curious about the strap end - and wondered if the design at right is a depiction of a salmon? Can you say what part of England you were detecting in? Intriguing, and wondering if it is an Atlantic salmon

Tom

Hi,
Winchester old sport where all the goodies are LOL
Fish? Dont know have asked a few fellahs so we shall see.
S

Hi - Have to remember that for both Celtic peoples and Saxons the salmon was a mystical creature - far beyond the food value. It was this mysterious creature that could survive in freshwater, in the ocean, and could fly through the air. It was the holder of all secret knowledge, and the wisest creature in existence. As you may remember, there is even an important salmon in the Arthurian legends -

I have an interesting Carnutes Celtic coin - the eagle appears to be grasping a fish - in my opinion a salmon. I actually have a couple of different versions of it. (see attached), but in your strap end's case - we have the salmon shape from right end with head left, with both pectoral and anal fins in the position they use when hovering in a sunlit pool...

Talk about chicken teeth here is one of the rarest hammered coins out there, Edward VI with harp mint-mark specially made in 1552 for the Irish market. Only find of it's kind in the last 15 years. I know of five others but none in this condition click here to read more about this coin. http://www.irishcoinage.com/J01400.HTM
S

Solid silver ring waiting for FLO officer to identify and Hopefully hand it back so I can have it restored, will look real good I think!
S

Made the difficult decision to donate the brooch (avatar) and some cool roman coins to the Farmer, hope he appreciates it!
S

A few of my Vicky pennies, (Including George all of them Anne's, Victoria, William III's, Farthings cartwheel penny's etc) The trusty T2 does not miss a coin on Sens 85, Disc 5 and tone 2+.
S

n/t

Always a pleasure if you have a T2 keep the head level to the ground about 1.5 inches away from the soil. Settings Sens 85, Disc 5, Tones 2+ you can use it anywhere. And if you do not have one you might think about getting one remember to always swing around your body on the natural angle moving your elbow from your navel to the back of the hip-bone and you will keep the head level at all times, never never never never ever swing in a pendulum way (like a clock) you won't find nothing that way and most people do that! But if you do not mind digging very very deep then wait for the T2 limited edition to come out and get it, but it is to deep for me 15 inches on the normal T2 is good enough for me!
Have a great day and many many good finds for you!
S

http://www.amazingmachinery.com/video-econo-products.html

J

Thanks jbow,
That what I was talking about. I see that post and a few others were deleted from this thread.

I'm confused.... what are you talking about? and what got deleted?

J

Edward VI hammered coin sadly bend but can be straightened 1551-1553, Small hammered coin James VII 1603-1625. Intact Sword brooch Canadian flash badge WW2 complete. Selection of buttons watch winder, Spindle whorl, gold plated button, bullets Faustina Roman coin, A British Museum Tag London SW 7 TH 09827 been through a bird of preys insides!

n/t

Unfortunately the rare James 1st first edition hammered half groat in the picture is just to damaged to be worth anything. Sigh that's why they are rare!
S

Two hammered coins one is a commonwealth coin researching extremely rare find, still researching the others will update soon. Silver sixpence George 1817, book binder, lovely pendant,two stunning Roman coins. Damn love this here T2 LOL
S