Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics T2 Review

Silverman777

I bought the Teknetics T2 after many hours on the net looking at various makes models and prices. Properly confused and very weary a friend suggested I buy the T2 and I came across several websites blowing its horn. Then I looked at 2nd hand T2 machines thinking if they are good there won

I agree the T2 is THE BEST coin hunting detector I have ever used..and your settings you mentioned are dead on..But do remember this at 50 and above on Discrimination you get even more of a boost than 5 or below..Try it you may be surprised ........You will hit even more good targets while eliminating most of the iron.. Seems it has two boost modes built in 5 and lower, 50 and up in the discrminiation mode.........I just posed about checking this with a nickle and a yard stick..and learned a lot about the Great T2

PS: We both forgot to mention the comfort of using this fine detector..swing it for hours effortlessly it's near perfect balance and ergonomics are sensational.

If elton likes it It must be good , I think Elton has actully tried more detectors than any member on the fourum and i value his opinion . Thanks elton i would get one now if i had the pinga well in the future Gunnar MN

Hope you found the machine thats working best for you..

the only thing i want to add is that i use my-T-2 at the beach all the time.....i have a book full of finds at the beach....i used to not like the beach, but i am now used to it and know what signals to dig......keep away from the water though......i recently have used the 5.5" coil at the beach and i turn the sensitivity down, and have learned that coil also......just this week i dug some muskett balls, a 1913 barber dime, and an 1870 shield nickel, and a no-date buffalo nickel and many wheat pennies.......good luck with the best secret going!

Gents maybe this will help you a little!
Suggested settings for the T2
Beach: Tone 3b Sens 90 Disc 40
Relic hunting: Tone +3 Sens 90 disc 10
Iron contaminated ground Tone Dp Sens 75 Disc 18
Iron contaminated ground(2) Sens 70 Disc 15 Tone 2+
Stubble Tone: 1 Sens 60 Disc 25-35
Ancient Sites: Sens 70 Disc 15 Tone 2+
Hard Ground: Sens 75 Disc 18 Tone Dp
Coin Shooting: Sens 95 Disc 35 Tone 1
Riverbank: Sens 90 Disc 35 Tone 1
Pasture: Sens 50 Disc 40 Tone 2+
Dig everything! Sens 70 Disc 5 Tone 1
Good hunting!

Just remember trust your ears andout motto? When in doubt DIG

Excellent review of the T2. What a versatile machine. F7 won't increase the power though.

Well Shenandoah Old Sport try it and see the finds pile up then we talk again! F7 is the right frequency for maximum finds with the T2, it is so sensitive that you cannot work close to any other detector!
Let me know once you have tried it! Hope you find loads!
S

F7 would be the highest frequency and less responsive to silver and copper targets and better for finding gold. F1 would be better for silver and copper and less responsive to gold. There really is very little difference in the actual frequencies as they all fall into a range from about 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 kHz. The difference freq. as I understand it is to keep two machines from cross/talking in a small area. Seems like I just posted this the other day. Perhaps Bill L. or Dave J. or another knowledgeable person will help us out here.

I think we also need to define finds. I'm guessing Shenandoah digger is an American like me, and that Silverman 777 is across the pond so to speak. Or are we talking relics vs coins.

Lastly Silverman, you say that F7 is so sensitive that you cannot work close to any other detector. Does the feedback occur on the T-2, the other detector, or both. Cause if it occurs on the other detectors and not the T-2 that would be a real advantage in competition hunts.

Not trying to step on any toes here I'm just relaying what I was taught about the T-2. Maybe Bill or Dave will tell me I'm full of ****.

Well Dave,
It seems as if you do not trust your machine! It's not exactly feedback it is very sensitive and picks up any other machine within 2 meters AND any silver, gold or artifact in the vicinity of 10 inches away from the edge of the coil. I had many silver and recently a gold coin find using F7 85 Sens: 5 Disc and 2+ tone. And no its not to tune out another machine! my MD mate uses a Goldmaxx and he has 10 years experience and is one very good swinger and digger. I started in December and the T2 outshoots him every outing! have a look at my finds. http://www.pastfinders.co.uk Yeah I am in the old UK where we have a hammered coin in every field! (they claim) If you can get past the dem Vicky pennies! I think the Victorians must have had a serious alcohol problem with the amount of vicky's they lost! They are absolutely everywhere! Damn nuisance if you look for hammered coins!
Wish I was in the USA have a look at the website Legendsofamerica.com so many gold hoards hidden all over mmmm mouth watering hahaha. Searching in Pin Point will reveal some of the caches! Oh yeah if you search in Pin point be prepared to dig graves Dude! Found a artifact at 3 feet with that and it was crappy Georgian furniture decoration!
Well then good luck!
S

All metal mode is the best way to steady the chatter it seems, worked well last Sunday on a very trashy site, try it let me know if it worked for you as well.
Cheers
S

To-days finds at Hale farm.... Was tough but I managed to squeeze out a hammered love token, might be either Elizabeth or Charles 1st.

Hi
Will someone please go and find this one!!!!! Its been bothering me since I first saw it! Elton best way to test your T2! Grrrrr wish I was in the USA!!
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ut-springcanyontreasure.html
Sigh them silver dollars would be worth the dig!
LOL
S

Just a quick one to show the T2 Power LOL Love this machine! Saxon silver 22mm Letters AG LA Large suspension loop Cross design A08-0201 Page 273 Benet's 2nd edition.

Oh yeah trust your T2 when relic hunting the Brooch I use as my Avatar is a 11th century late Saxon brooch another great find with the T2. Settings sensitivity 70 Discrimination 5 and tone 2+.
have fun.
S
(metal and design been checked by Southampton University as 11th century, Quote "One of the best finds of the century" Un-quote)

I was under the impression one had to surrender the items found in England, and you were compensated for a rare find.

It surprises me you were able to keep such a rare find of the century piece.. Some of my friends have detected England, They had to leave all items with the proper authorities.Maybe it was because they were from the U.S.A..

Hi,
Yes we hand it in to the Finds Liaison officer and they look at it and if the museums don't want to buy it we get it back. I got mine back and keep them in my collection. Will have more new finds on the website tomorrow as we are going Hammered coin hunting later.
Nice day Hows the research going?
S

Sure is a beauty. Don't forget to post up the finds from when you get out.

I think I'm lucky if I get something from the 1800's ( Perspective) LOL