Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Stories by Dan-MO .........

My problem with writing a story like this is knowing when to wrap it up! One thought keeps leading to another and I could write for days about hunts I have had......being a one finger typist would make that very hard!:lol:

I have found my share of old coins but nothing like you and others here have recovered.......When I started I had a wish list of coins I hoped to dig. Over the years I have managed to cross most of them off the list.....finding several of some. The two coins I have yet to dig are a gold coin or 3 cent piece......I thought I had dug a 3 cent piece once....but it turned out to be a Canadian fish scale.......Now how many of them could have been lost in Missouri? It was still a thrilling find and I still haven't gave up on the 3 cent piece or the gold coin.....might find one in the next signal I dig! Thanks for reading.

Rings I have dug. Oh well, it's lots more fun to dig them than buy them and it does get me out of the house!

n/t

Your hunts remind me of some of mine. NIce to have those memories. Just looking at some of my finds knowing how I found them or where brings a smile. From your detecting, research to the folks on this site, pretty hard not to find treasure in some form. I'd say we are all winners....

Thanks for post.

George

find a place they are replacing them and it can be a goldmine!!

n/t

Were you jumping up and down with excitement when you found those three dimes in the same hole? :lol: I would love to have hunted that old barn where you found the 46 silver coins and pile of wheat pennys...very difficult to do now days, but not impossible. Did you find many bottle caps at that site? I am enjoying this story...on to the next part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It was interesting reading how you first started metal detecting and how you progressed to where you are today. Amazing how your stories brought back memory's of when I bought my first metal detector, how I progressed from hunting arrowheads to hunting treasure. I had to laugh when you were talking about researching and how you would get side tracked to reading other stories...same happened to me. I do not do much metal detecting at the moment, but found it strange that you posted this story as this time because a few weeks ago I got my metal detector out of the closet and will be at it again.

One of the funniest things that I ever encountered was the first time that I took the metal detector by horse back to a remote area of a ranch down here next to us. I had figured out how to carry it in pieces in the saddlebags and carefully wrapped in a couple of old pillow cases. When I got to the site, I discovered that I had left the coil at the barn...when I got back to the home place, Debbie asked me if I had found anything. I just said "no" and never told her that I had left the coil at the barn.

Dan, thanks for posting this story...very enjoyable reading! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I bet you were a bit frustrated to say the least when you realized you forgot the coil to your detector....:lol: Wise move on your part not to tell Debbie!

The food and Sodas were sold outside the barn at a concession stand. I guess they were opened before entering the barn.

really interesting. I did buy a Garrett if you all remember about two years ago. I never found very much, and both of my brothers take things by mood. If they metal detected, I would. If they fished, I tried to, and if they hunted I just stayed home as I do not hunt. I did find one ring, but not much else. The only lessons I had were from the brothers and Mikie and Royal...............so, go figure. Bull might have been there too!

You, Royal, Wayner and Cowboy were some of the first I read on the forum, after an invite from Arkie. The forum will not let him on for some reason, and we cannot figure out why, and Tom's computer is broken with not enough money right now to fix it. That's why they have been absent. But I always found everything all of you wrote so entertaining, and still do. I'm still going to make a visit to you and Linda one day. I just don't think it's that far away. That's why I MUST get well.................so I can do some of the things that I had planned to do.

They both have some good stories to tell..............maybe I'll get them to sit down and write one while they are visiting me one day.

I really enjoyed all three parts of your story! Merry Christmas, and give my love to Linda.. :)

n/t

I just found this true story I wrote a few years ago......Not sure if I ever posted it or not

I had a nice visit with my brother Wayne and his wife Evelynn recently and the talk got around to old times and the first time I ever met Evelynn........

One summer night about 25 years ago my brother brought his girlfriend to Linda and my home to meet us for the first time.We had been married for about 5 years at the time and my house was a second home to my brother Wayne who is 4 years younger than me.

Wayne and I were quite a pair in those days.We were always coming up with new and exciting ways to get ourselves into trouble that seemed like perfectly good ideas at the time we thought of them.As is so often the case many of our greatest ideas were born after consuming a goodly quantity of Mr Augustus Busch

Oh ya Dan, i was there with you or maybe best i wasn't....it could have been worse:rofl:
Those days were special and thanks for the laugh:thumbup: