Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

something may be wrong ?

wild horse joe

Got my new Vision and right out of the box I get VDI No's and likely target icons all over the place. Even if I point in in the air. I even put it on a table and stand back and watch the screen jump all over the place and I'm not passing anything over it. I tried a different loop that I also bought with it and it still does the same thing. I tried this in coin and jewelery factory settings and coin and salt etc. same thing. I even went to different locations to see if I'm getting electrical interference. It does read properly over test coins but reads targets were there are no targets. Do I possible have a bad machine right out of the box ? Or maybe I'm missing something ? It's Saturday and I can't get anyone from White's to help and the dealer I purchased it from is out of town. I first got it from the factory with no loop and had to wait for them to send me the loop. Now this; kind of frustrating ! Maybe someone out there can give me some advise. Thanks Joe

You might need to lower your gain or discrimination sensitivity in the location that you are trying. It sounds like there is some noise source where you are that is causing it to trigger. (These are all settable in the sensitivity live control).

I went right out and lowered the gain from 8 to 5 no good then I lowered the sensitivity from 88 to 85 and that really helped. Thanks! I also got a message from White's with a cell phone no. and they said they would get someone to help me right away. What a great co. to respond that way and so fast. I own a TDI and a MXT and a GMT all because of this company's great attitude.

OK, I went back to the beach and played with the settings over and over. The more I used the vision the worse it got. I had the gain and disc. turned way down and at first that helped but the more I hunted the more false signals that showed up. Just about drove me crazy. I know this has to be a good machine but so far I just can't get it to calm down. I decided to go to a sand play ground I have hunted many times were the soil is very calm and my MXT has worked flawlessly. Even this area was terrible. I have also noticed the pinpoint will not shut off win I release the trigger at times. I guess I will send it back Monday win I can talk to someone from Whites and make sure I'm not doing things wrong. I have all the confidence Whites made a good machine and my hope is something is wrong. If it turns out this machine is that fussy with the settings thin it may not be the right machine for me. I have two days of testing this machine and I'm a little burnt out. Has any one else had this type of experience?

Did you ever get to "Ground Balance" the V3 ?

Jerry

Quote: I lowered the sensitivity from 88 to 85 and that really helped. In some areas I have to lower the sensitivity down in the 70s to get it right.In my ground even 85 is to high most of the time.The Vision is very powerfull and you may want to back sens. and gain way down and then work your way up,Ray.

You go down to the 70s on the sensitivity. I used the probe feature in live control to make sure I had the gain correct.Even with that I still lowered the gain.It sounds like the sensitivity is more important than the gain in stopping false signals. Is this true? I'm in Santa Cruz Ca. and the beaches have some black sand the closer you get to the water. I thought ground balance could be the problem because win I ground balanced, it was easier in the dry sand than the wet darker sand. But inland on the parks I would think the balance issue as well as the sensitivity would be less of a problem. I also did not know that because this machine is more powerful than others that the scale for sensitivity and gain would be much different than most VLF machines. I better take it back out tomorrow and try again if what your saying is true. The only reason I did not lower things supper low was I did not want to lose the depth issue. But if I'm in really good ground then even the factory settings should be OK or not ?

a very clear note describing each/any issues you are having.

wild horse joe said:
I have also noticed the pinpoint will not shut off win I release the trigger at times. Has any one else had this type of experience?
Yes, with an early-release Vision. I have the "luxury" (for me, a "pest" for them, perhaps) to live within a 2-2

To high sensitivity is more of a hindrance than a help many times.It is best to lower RX Gain and sensitivity quite low at your sight and then slowly raise them until your machine starts to get unstable and then back them off a little.It sounds like your machine is unstable because of to high sensitivity and or gain.A Fisher F75 acts the same way when tuned to" Hot".In other words it goes crazy and beeps and the meter goes nuts.Makes you want to wrap it around the nearest tree untill you get it calmed down.Many of the newer machines are more sensitive at low settings than the machines of just a few years ago were at nearly maxed out settings,Ray.

I just got back from another day of working out the problem with false signals. I'm still having a problem. I lowered the gain all the way to 4 and the disc. to 70. At first, like always, it was great but as time went on with my hunt the false signals got more and more till I could not hunt any more. I also have a issue with the pinpoint sometimes reading even if I'm not over a target and my headphones don't always send sound to both ears equally. I'm packing it up to ship back and have it looked at. Whites sent me a Email saying they would get someone right away to help me but I never heard from anyone even though I re-emailed back and said please help. I have all the respect for Whites and I'm sure they will take care of this. I just wish I had three days of fun rather than frustration.:shrug:

wild horse joe said:
I just got back from another day of working out the problem with false signals. I'm still having a problem. I lowered the gain all the way to 4 and the disc. to 70. At first, like always, it was great but as time went on with my hunt the false signals got more and more till I could not hunt any more. I also have a issue with the pinpoint sometimes reading even if I'm not over a target and my headphones don't always send sound to both ears equally. I'm packing it up to ship back and have it looked at. Whites sent me a Email saying they would get someone right away to help me but I never heard from anyone even though I re-emailed back and said please help. I have all the respect for Whites and I'm sure they will take care of this. I just wish I had three days of fun rather than frustration.:shrug:

Did they say what might be the cause?
Also, I have ran my Rx down as low as 2 and disc. down to 55, among other changes. Wonder what that would have done.

Welcome to buying the first product run of a new detector. There's always bugs to work out when they first start coming off the line. There will most likely be more before everything is ironed out.

Bill

Yeah sensitivity is the most misunderstood and abused control on a detector and the cause of more frustration than anything else.. Everyone thinks the higher you crank it the deeper the signal goes into the ground. WRONG! High sensitivity just makes the coil more sensitive to everything in the ground - the target you hope to find - every piece of junk that was ever dropped or buried - and every strand of mineralization in the ground.

Bill

It is the combination of the two that you have to work out for your area and your type of hunting. all of the Presets are just a good starting place. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Reduce your sensitivity to 65. High sens and electrical interference will set any machine off. Especially inside your house.

With your gain at 4 it should be very quiet. So it does look like your doing the right thing by sending it back. Good luck.