Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Shorty Hooks Place

n/t

MB.C. I feel like a hired farmhand myself sometimes. When my wife and I get in a big argument over horse's I'll usually say whats on my mind.I remember this one gal comming up to me after a trainer and wife meltdown telling me how nice it was to see a man riding.I looked at her and said,(my wife and trainer within ear shoot)"I ride because I'm not as smart as the other guys thats why you don't see them out here riding they have more important things to do".The worst part you have to explain to everyone that your not gay your a regular guy that just rides jumper's.My friends wanted to go metal detecting at a dressage farm,an old block farm house built in the 1850's,Rick the owner of RJs,metal detector shop and Larry.The gal that owned the farm wanted to show me the horses she had for sale.As we walked through the barn she would point out a horse and explain how much she was asking.The next qustion she asked do you ride?I expained to her I rode jumper's she said "are you gay because most jumper's are.(You have to understand thats like asking Archie Bunker that question)I told her no and I must be the only jumper in the state who isn't.The women just can't figure out why more men don't ride,which I already answered that question..

I hope to do a lot of that sort of thing as I get a little more time in my old age. It's a great story. I bet you were all google-eyed as you began to fill your pockets with those rings.

I remember you saying one time that you built your hooka. I plan on buying a Brownie but would be interested in how you did that before I let go of a couple of grand on that Brownie system.

Did you see the recent post on the treasure chest on the beach forum? It's just amazing what's still down there. In Arkansas I have NEVER EVER even seen a hooka system in our waters...EVER. With scuba you got what? thirty or forty-five minutes max before you're interrupted and have to surface and give the man three more bucks for another tank. That's no way to hunt for loot.

Tell us more about your hooka set up! Thanks for posting this riviting story! There are places around here that never get drained, so I expect it to be a fun time to add to the treasure chest.

Thanks again.

aj

most of the detecting is in fairly shallow water, maybe 5ft to around 25 or so and the air lasts at that depts. The hooka will keep me down for 4 hours but I have to stay above 33 ft because of Niro buildup.

I never built a Hookah. There was someone that posted that they did or were gonna but I am against it myself. I got old by being careful and the cost of a Brownie was worth it. It is a great unit.

If you have not already done so, TAKE LESSONS!! Man it is important to know what can happen if you make mistakes and what to do. It can get spooky down there. I have over 700 dives but every once in a while I run into a situation with pucker power. 99% of my diving is alone so I have to be careful.

I love it

Must be careful, stay above the thermocline (for me) and (most certainly) above 33 feet sos I don't have to fool with dive tables.

I have been talking to the folks at Brownie and they have it down to a fine science. I have been certified since the early 80's, but don't care much for scuba anymore. But hooka is another matter!

Do they still make a BC that is co2 powered and not hooked up to the air tank? That's a must for me...just in case I need to pop to the top.

I really enjoyed the two stories you wrote. I personally don't know of another hooka diver, except Mike. So...go ahead and give us another!

Thanks,

aj

I have a 15cf bailout bottle I use with the BC. It is light and works fine. The only time I really needed it I didn't have it with me. Maybe I will write that one soon.

Those Hooka will stop! I have had mine stop a couple times, once it sunk:surprised:I think I already told that story

While I have no knowledge of diving, I still find this interesting. Thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

anything I can relate to. I only hit 2 water spots like that in my years that was untouched. I still hunt one of them. You should try for that large mouth bass again, by now he is up around 150 lbs....LOL...Again, great story and well told as usual.

George-Ct