Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

New Teknetics this year?

ds6191

As the title says, The rumor is that a new machine is coming out from Teknetics? Now I know they are always improving and trying to get better and more advanced machines to the market,but I would hate to pull the trigger on a new machine in Feb-March when a new bigger,better machine comes out a little after. I'm having enough trouble deciding between the T2 and omega 8000. Now this! This is a big purchase for me. I don't want to screw up.:shocked: Dan

That could be a good or a bad thing for you. If the new detector turns out be something really new and improved, a lot of people will be selling their T2 and Omega detectors so they can purchase the newly released detector. That will drive the prices down on the used T2 and Omega detectors and will save you some bucks if you decide to purchase a used one. On the other hand, you might decide that the new detector is a must have. Either way, you're forced to wait and see.:unsure:

tabman

Oh darn, a legless rumor.:)

tabman

If I were stuck in that dilemma, I'd get educated on the "used" price range of those two units, buy whichever I "decide" of the two at or near the bottom of that range (providing the used unit wasn't beat to a pulp), and then hunt with and enjoy it. When the new unit was to be released, continue to use your detector while watching and weighing the reports coming in. THEN if you just have to have the new one, you can sell what you have at no or minimal loss and add whatever is required to make the purchase of the new unit.

Well I just bought the Omega and the T2SE within the last 3 weeks....I will use them both and if the rumor is true, and if the new detector is a must have, I will sale one of these machines and upgrade....However, I will wait awhile to see the user reviews before I make such a commitment...A new machine does not necessarily mean that it will be better or if it will be one that will fit in with the type of hunting I do....Just food for thought.

Keith

Keithbar said:
Well I just bought the Omega and the T2SE within the last 3 weeks....I will use them both and if the rumor is true, and if the new detector is a must have, I will sale one of these machines and upgrade....However, I will wait awhile to see the user reviews before I make such a commitment...A new machine does not necessarily mean that it will be better or if it will be one that will fit in with the type of hunting I do....Just food for thought.

Keith

So far, which one do you like best?

BuckeyeBrad said:
If I were stuck in that dilemma, I'd get educated on the "used" price range of those two units, buy whichever I "decide" of the two at or near the bottom of that range (providing the used unit wasn't beat to a pulp), and then hunt with and enjoy it. When the new unit was to be released, continue to use your detector while watching and weighing the reports coming in. THEN if you just have to have the new one, you can sell what you have at no or minimal loss and add whatever is required to make the purchase of the new unit.

Great advice BuckeyeBrad, I check out 3-4 different forums and one of them said that Fisher/Teknetics were coming out with something new this year. No solid evidence and I really didn't bring it up to start something. I apologize if anyone thought I was trolling. Just afraid to pull the trigger on a new machine. I think I'm on info overload. I think I need to just buy one and get out and hunt. T2-F75-etrac- O8000. Blah. I think I'm going to throw a dart at the group and whichever I hit I will buy. My first machine was so much easier to buy than this one.
What is the best for the money? I can get an answer to justify buying any of the four mentioned here.Sorry to ramble, I think Analysis by Paralysis has set in. Dan:surrender:

Tab, it's really too early to say.....I've had the O8 only once, and that's because the weather hasn't been fit enough to hunt in.....I took it to an old park that's right down from my house....Using the 11" dd I hunted in Disc 39, 3T, sensitivity at 92..I ground balance settled in at 53.....There is a lot of trash in this park--old trash, heavy iron, pull tabs, bottle caps, foil, you name it....At any rate, I was able to pull a Wheat penny out of an area that I had hunted with the XLT, and my buddy had hunted it with the Safari...The Wheatie was pulled from among the iron with the 11" dd....I am having to learn how to listen more closely since the recovery rate is so much better on the O8 than on my XLT...A lot more beeps to process. I ended up going to 2tones to get some mercy, and I switched to the 5" dd...With this small coil, I was able to pull 2 nickles out of the same area, and I didn't really have to slow down much at all...The nickles both came in at a solid 57 on the VDI...I wasn't finding anything over 3 to 4" deep, and starting getting concerned about depth....However, I buried a dime at 7" and O8 did not have any trouble picking it up...That tells me I did not cross anything deeper than the 3 or 4" targets I had already found...One thing I did notice is that the O8 didn't seem to have any problems with EMI or falsing.....Light as a feather. The errors I am encountering right now are all operator errors....I have faith in the machine--just need to continue hunting.

As far as the T2SE is concerned, I have not had it out yet but the construction is second-to-none...Sleek looking machine, weighs a little more than the O8 but the balance on both is superb!!! I will say the construction on the O8 is not at the standard of the T2SE but it is still a sturdy machine...I can't wait to get out again, and I'm going to go over the same areas with it that I did with the O8 to see if there is a difference in response and items recovered...I have pounded this park for years, along with other detectorists...Right now, I'm not really trying to find much--it's all about learning the machine and that means digging just about everything....Any advice on either or both machines will be well received.

Keith

keithbar, thanks for the comparison. Keep me up dated. I just started the process of comparing the Omega and Gamma. Then I want to compare them using the 5 inch DD coil against my Gold Bug Pro using the 5 inch DD coil. The one thing that I know far sure, the 5 inch DD coil is fantastic when it comes to finding the good stuff in really trashy areas.

tabman

I am planning on getting the Omega 8000. I too thought about a new unit coming out and waiting to see. However, for me the Omega is at the top of my price range right now so that will be my choice.

Hey guys did you read the post by" Dave J" . above he is THE MAN the head design engineer at Teknetics and Fischer and Bountyhunter read what he wrote concerning new machine coming out.

Actually Dave Johnson & talented crew just sit at their desks with their feet up, eating bon-bons all day:) Seriously, I would love to know what their cooking up down there in El Paso.

ds6191 said:
BuckeyeBrad said:

Great advice BuckeyeBrad, I check out 3-4 different forums and one of them said that Fisher/Teknetics were coming out with something new this year. No solid evidence and I really didn't bring it up to start something. I apologize if anyone thought I was trolling. Just afraid to pull the trigger on a new machine. I think I'm on info overload. I think I need to just buy one and get out and hunt. T2-F75-etrac- O8000. Blah. I think I'm going to throw a dart at the group and whichever I hit I will buy. My first machine was so much easier to buy than this one.
What is the best for the money? I can get an answer to justify buying any of the four mentioned here.Sorry to ramble, I think Analysis by Paralysis has set in. Dan:surrender:

Feel free to give me a call. I can help with your questions!

I think there's a good chance First Texas or someone else will come out with a new machine this year. And I'm equally sure that my machines won't stop making good finds when that happens.

Isn't any Teknetics new in box never used a "New Teknetics" ? :rofl:

Best regards to the team.

Andy,NM .....in Germany

Have no clue what that means.

If they keep designing detectors like they have been..Where can I send them some more Bon-Bons.........:rofl:

Those guys are good, real good !!!