Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My god... Your all like a bunch of old women.

Southwind said:
Is there a sign up sheet for this? :devil:

LOL @ Rich

I'm going on 50 years swinging a detector now and if there is one think I've learned its that detector does matter.

I understand the whole master your detector concept, but I've never agreed that it was the better of the options one needs to address. I put having the right detector above learning what you have. Again, don't take that wrong, pitting someone who has mastered their detector will, in most cases, have more success than a novice with a high dollar detector. But, that isn't always the case. I've seen it first hand many times.I don't care if you've been hunting 100 years and designed your own detector, if that detector can only get 6" and you give the average detectorist the E-Trac/CTX and put them in our city park they are going to get their a$$ kicked by the average hunter. Period. No question about it. You're only as good as the detector you swing. And that is at your best. A master. So yes derector does matter.

Like myself, I think there are some of us who are always looking for that new tech that will get even an inch more. Yes I get very excited at the idea of a detector that may only give me an inch more. In my hunted out town that equates to at least a few more years of pulling goodies from my favorite sites. I've done it so many time over the years. I get a new detector that gives me just an inch more usable depth and my old sites come alive once again. I see the NOX as potentially one with that new tech that could get me another inch. I could be completely wrong, but I could be right. I haven't seen anything else with the same potential.

I can't speak for anyone else but for myself the E-Trac/CTX sets the standard for deep coin detectors. I've tried them all and in my case there is just nothing yet that can compare to the E-Trac/CTX's ability to send you home with more old keeper coins. That is why the Equinox has people so excited in my opinion. Given what Minelab has done so far. People are not being swayed by the hype like every other new detector puts out, but by the reputation Minelab already has to back it up.

Outstanding post, Southwind. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Excellent.

Steve

[size=medium]All i want to know is does it have a waterproof headphone connection? see all kinda of wireless info (wireless is usless in the water). if the unit is waterproof where is the headphone connection?[/size]

looked like there is some sort of screw in connection on the back of the unit it will be some obscure connector that is super hard to find so you will have to buy the phones off minelab as per ctx-sdc etc..

amberjack said:
agreed expectations are high, no pressure minelab :yo: maybe release dates will keep getting pushed back as expectations rise :shrug:

hope they have a high IQ.

AJ

Looks like mid-December will be the time. Saw this in the Metal Detector Classified Section -

windycitydetectors said:
[size=large]Thanks to all who put their name on the list, you can be assured you are getting your Equinox at the best price on the net.
We are closing the list due to the large number of people that have joined and do not want to disappoint anyone.
Minelab is expecting to release them by Mid December and anyone that is on our list will be updated as to any changes.
We will be accepting new orders once our preorders have been filled.
Ron[/size]

Rich (Utah)