Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My god... Your all like a bunch of old women.

Seems like the no will be some serious competition to the other high end detectors out there. Even the v3i. Being water resistant to ten feet, and light weight may have me hang up my v3i. Of course I'm waiting to see what White's is hiding from us with that orange detector.

Ok, I see that line now. But... could maybe be just "devil's advocate " to spur conversation.

Reading through this post, I had to laugh. The hen house has been around forever. The same kind of speculation and second guessing has probably been going on for centuries. I can picture a group of Egyptians sitting around a campfire all talking about the new war chariot, Amontep's Chariot Inc is talking about releasing for the next season's war games. Faster, lighter, wide wheels with 2 scythes on each hub, with 2 arrow pockets instead of one, a cup holder on each side, candy apple red paint job, 4 horse power...
Apple releasing the new iPhone XII, Intel releasing a 96 core dual processor with a four on the floor with a high speed data shifter, Henry Ford is building a Model A, what's the specs. it does what????
It's the speculation on what, insert name of product, might, can, will, should, oughta, coulda, do that makes all of us start a conversation about, I gotta, wanna have to have or I'll hold my breath til I turn blue. It's fun to speculate, it gives us something to think and talk about.

Until the product is released and real life use in the field data is available, we really are just looking at speculative data. The testers are working with golden candidate equipment that is still in final testing stages, tweaks will happen, fine tuning will be done.

Meantime I'll sit back and read, speculate, dream, and drool over the next biggest, baddest, fastest, deepest detector coming soon to dealer near me.

crk2 said:
Reading through this post, I had to laugh. The hen house has been around forever. The same kind of speculation and second guessing has probably been going on for centuries. I can picture a group of Egyptians sitting around a campfire all talking about the new war chariot, Amontep's Chariot Inc is talking about releasing for the next season's war games. Faster, lighter, wide wheels with 2 scythes on each hub, with 2 arrow pockets instead of one, a cup holder on each side, candy apple red paint job, 4 horse power...
Apple releasing the new iPhone XII, Intel releasing a 96 core dual processor with a four on the floor with a high speed data shifter, Henry Ford is building a Model A, what's the specs. it does what????
It's the speculation on what, insert name of product, might, can, will, should, oughta, coulda, do that makes all of us start a conversation about, I gotta, wanna have to have or I'll hold my breath til I turn blue. It's fun to speculate, it gives us something to think and talk about.

Until the product is released and real life use in the field data is available, we really are just looking at speculative data. The testers are working with golden candidate equipment that is still in final testing stages, tweaks will happen, fine tuning will be done.

Meantime I'll sit back and read, speculate, dream, and drool over the next biggest, baddest, fastest, deepest detector coming soon to dealer near me.

Well said crk2!!!:clap:

crk2 said:

I see another bitter not planning to get the Equinox that has all the knowledge in the world about those that do.

The simple problem here is you're completely wrong. I don't have to have owned a 2015 Mustang GT to know what to expect just from the name and specs. Add what I have seen so far and you're so far off the truth is amazing.

I've owned enough Minelabs over the years that Minelab already has a great rep with me. All my experiences have been well above average. Testers have already the comments about how it compared to the E-Trac. Enough said.

A 2 1/2 lb E-Trac? yeah I'll take one of those.

Super fast processor. The only real down side of the E-Trac was the need to run it slow. Now with a faster processor a slow swing is simple an option.

Only a fool would pretend that this NOX doesn't have great potential. But then I guess the world is full of fools huh!

Yeah this old lady wants one.

Tom_in_CA said:
Ok, I see that line now. But... could maybe be just "devil's advocate " to spur conversation.

Yeah, no one is up to no good but me. I'm the only one causing trouble. =)

Another Coinmaster lol

irnwrkr said:
Seems like the no will be some serious competition to the other high end detectors out there. Even the v3i. Being water resistant to ten feet, and light weight may have me hang up my v3i. Of course I'm waiting to see what White's is hiding from us with that orange detector.

"IS IT THE DETECTOR OR IS IT YOU"

Well of course it's both. A new detector generates interest. Interest generates using the new detector more often. Using the detector more often generates more finds. The more finds you dig, the better chance of finding good finds.

You're just passionate. And don't like small-talk frivolities, haha

Well stated Champ

crk2 said:

Yep, this is how the regular members here see the situation. Then there are the people who scream that every tester / review is a company shill, the people who cry that it's impossible to be high quality based on its price, and that if it doesnt have XXX feature then we are all being screwed by minelab. Lastly you have the plain old minelab hater who come in only to trash the company and everything they do.

Unfortunately there are trolls here trying to cause problems while the rest of us just want to guess and speculate and wait.

Now we can't leave out those self-proclaimed psychologist who get their jollies by pretending they have the ability to analyze all the posters and know why they do what they do, what they're thinking and what they will do in the future.

They really are probably far more entertaining than the others.

Southwind said:
Now we can't leave out those self-proclaimed psychologist who get their jollies by pretending they have the ability to analyze all the posters and know why they do what they do, what they're thinking and what they will do in the future.

They really are probably far more entertaining than the others.

Is there a sign up sheet for this? :devil:

Rich (Utah)

amberjack said:
I would go a step further Location, (detector detectorist).

no one can find something that's not there its impossible so spot is always 1st no butts :biggrin:

I used to say then detector 2nd and detectorist 3rd and that still applies although I have now put them as equal 2nd and tomorrow it will be back to the detector 2nd detectorist 3rd...

and there is only one of each like tennis only one best player and so that's why the detector is 2nd as much as we would like to think we are number one that spot only belongs to one detectorist and hence why a lot of us are looking for the best detector :detecting:

just my thoughts on this matter and if you disagree then get out there and get some more practice in :buds:

AJ

AJ,

I have to agree that as time goes by and more areas become heavily searched the capabilities of the equipment become more and more important. I guess I should have included a slice of LUCK along with the rest. They say it is always better to be lucky than good. :bouncy:

Rich (Utah)

Is there a sign up sheet for this? :devil:

LOL @ Rich

I'm going on 50 years swinging a detector now and if there is one think I've learned its that detector does matter.

I understand the whole master your detector concept, but I've never agreed that it was the better of the options one needs to address. I put having the right detector above learning what you have. Again, don't take that wrong, pitting someone who has mastered their detector will, in most cases, have more success than a novice with a high dollar detector. But, that isn't always the case. I've seen it first hand many times.I don't care if you've been hunting 100 years and designed your own detector, if that detector can only get 6" and you give the average detectorist the E-Trac/CTX and put them in our city park they are going to get their a$$ kicked by the average hunter. Period. No question about it. You're only as good as the detector you swing. And that is at your best. A master. So yes derector does matter.

Like myself, I think there are some of us who are always looking for that new tech that will get even an inch more. Yes I get very excited at the idea of a detector that may only give me an inch more. In my hunted out town that equates to at least a few more years of pulling goodies from my favorite sites. I've done it so many time over the years. I get a new detector that gives me just an inch more usable depth and my old sites come alive once again. I see the NOX as potentially one with that new tech that could get me another inch. I could be completely wrong, but I could be right. I haven't seen anything else with the same potential.

I can't speak for anyone else but for myself the E-Trac/CTX sets the standard for deep coin detectors. I've tried them all and in my case there is just nothing yet that can compare to the E-Trac/CTX's ability to send you home with more old keeper coins. That is why the Equinox has people so excited in my opinion. Given what Minelab has done so far. People are not being swayed by the hype like every other new detector puts out, but by the reputation Minelab already has to back it up.

agreed expectations are high, no pressure minelab :yo: maybe release dates will keep getting pushed back as expectations rise :shrug:

hope they have a high IQ.

AJ