Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It is with deep sorrow and sadness...........

To inform all of you that my brother Awhitster (Steve) had a massive heart attack Saturday night and passed away. All efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. He was 54.

My brother leaves behind him many friends, many stories and most important of all his wife of 20+ years, a daughter, grand-daughter, mother and two brothers.

My brother in Florida and I will be flying to Calif. to be with family.

I would like to thank all of you in advance for your words and support. I will not be around a computer for the week while dealing with this unexpected tragedy.

If there is gold in Heaven AWHITSTER will find it......

Thank You All,
Rosco

Steve has always been one of my favorite posters. He was a positive force on this board and his wit and wisdom wil be missed tremendously. Thankfully I have an item in my book that I won from him in a contest along with a little note. It will remind me of him when I look at it even more now. That big grin on his face last January 1st when he found that sweet diamond ring. A kind word I could always count on when feeling low or words of encouragement or congratulations after a big find. Steve, I hope the hunting is good up in heaven. Try lo leave a little for the rest of us. God bless.

Chris

Man that sucks!!! I just asked him if he was still hunting that old x-mas tree farm, then he went back and did the last few rows. And he just added a comment on my youtube last week on my barber quarter find. He will be missed a lot around here. I am so sorry for your loss and I am sure he is tearing it up in heaven. This forum wont be the same without him...

I am really in shock. I always looked for his posts, as they always were so funny, yet informative. And....he was such an excellent hunter. I always considered him a very close friend, even though we are miles apart and never met. God bless him, his wife, kids,brothers, sisters, parents and any other relatives I may have missed. If there is gold in heaven....I "KNOW" he will find it! I am kinda stuck for words right now.....I really feel the pitts!

The metal detecting community just lost one of it's BEST......

Here is a link to his youtube page with 6 videos he made. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Racetramp

...I just got an email from him the other day! He was planning to buy another detector for next year....
I liked his posts and matter of fact attitude. Facts was facts, with Steve.
And he dearly loved this pastime and the people he met through it. He said that many a time, as he went about his efforts to uncover his own little bit of treasure. And while he didn't amass a huge fortune, he was no slouch at detecting. If there was one word I'd use to describe him it would diligent. I suspect there weren't many days available to him that he didnt swing a coil, somwhere.

Is there an address for the widow anf family, where we can send our personal condolences?

Roscoe, you have my heartfelt condolences, friend. In this trying time, I am here for you if you need anything. Dear God, but it can come quick when it does...

My condolences to you. I enjoyed reading his post and the two of you bantering back and forth over your finds in your area. My heart-felt sympathies are with your families. He will be missed. Ron.

We had a work back ground that was similar, age and a good repport with each other. I'm going to miss his phone calls and posts. I read everyone of his post. The whole thing really catches me off guard.

I didn't know your brother but you have my deepest sympathies & regrets for his loss to all those who were family to him.

Dammit Rosco what a rotten stinking bummer and what a shocker. I'm so sorry for you and the rest of Steve's family. I'm going to miss that rascal and you two badgering each other - to the delight of us all. Life sure plays some cruel tricks on us. I've had two friends go the same way at a young age. We will all miss Steve and remember him always. My condolences to you and all of Steve's loved ones.

Bill

I don't post very often but I enjoyed reading Awhister postings. You could tell he loved tectin'. He will be missed. deepest sympathies to all the family. Sonny

My condolences and deepest sympathy to Steve's family and friends.

Charlie

n/t

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts at this time for my brother Awhitster (Steve).

I will be heading to Calif. tomorrow (Monday) and joining with my mom, brother from Florida, Steves daughter, grand-daughter and his wife.

It's a trying time as some of you may know from experience.

Thank you all again, and may your "dirt fishing" as he called it reward you plenty.....

Rosco Bookbinder (John)

we enjoyed his stories and the photos. He was able to get out when us snow-bounders couldn't and would show us what could be found in the warth of California. My sympathies to you and the rest of the family.
Paul