Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"Hanging Up My Hat"

It'll seem awkward at first, I'm sure, because we've grown accustomed to stress levels that top the charts. And it's that stress that has acted like adrenaline rushes and kept us going all these years. It's taken our focus off of the things that matter most. You've made the right decision at the right time. A few deep breaths and remember to smell the roses. That's the real reason we've all been put here. I'm happy, happy, happy for you ! :):cheers:

scott.hope your able to relax and accept your decision,and that scott can deal with the office.good luck working from home,many people do now days from what i read,sounds like george had some good advice.

I am always busy and usually get bored at night up north when I am alone. It is not bad in the summer but it gets dark so dang early in the winter.

Your health is the most valuable thing you have and if work is endangering it you are doing the right thing.

There are plenty of things to keep you busy if you just do them.

You will never quit working. You will just quit doing the things that don't make you happy.

Most people have a little adjustment to make so don't expect everything to run smoothly. It is a big change for Scott too so give him some slack too :D

Scott hasn't given me much grief about this, as he has been around the whole time this health thing has been bothering me and I think he finally realizes the toll is has taken. I think he would rather have the old me back than to continue to watch me having to be on medication in order to continue on. So, I think this time is different.

Like you, I have a lot of things I want to do, I just don't know how he will take some of this. I will have no trouble staying busy, for sure. Thanks, Royal!:)

the forum, Rob! I plan to smell the roses. As a matter of fact, I have a much neglected rose garden that I can't wait to get back to this spring. It is beautiful when taken care of correctly, but for the last couple of years, I have not had the time, nor the energy to take care of it! I have lots to keep me busy, for sure! :)

those islands can be beautiful and great diving but they are islands. I have been there and it is easy to fall in love with them but they are small.

Costa Rica would be a place to look at. They said that you could live like a king on 2500 a month and not especially looking for king treatment I could live on a lot less. They really seem to like Anglos down there.

There are lots of horse ranches and they work for little money. You can drive from the West Coast to the East in a day. There are rain forest and volcanos within easy driving. Lots of river rafting. We went on a horse ride on a ranch and saw monkeys and even a sloth.

There are just two seasons there, rainy season and dry season and we were told that during the rainy season it only rains for an hour or so a day. I just loved it!!

The only question I would have is the medical system. I think they have a system like you have and that is great if you are not sick. It was a consern for me.

Just another option to look at.

Now that you are a woman of leisure, how long will it take you to start cranking out treasure stories????

The transition is a bit 'different' and leaves us with feelings of all kinds...insecurity, doubt, a feeling of 'what will I really do now?' Sometimes I wonder if I can really take the ride at a much slower pace.

It's like instant coffee. Ever had instant coffee for, say, a year? Imagine that you have been ordered by your doctor to drink nothing but instant coffee from now on. Then one day you go up north and Alice just happens to pour you a cup of fresh brewed coffee. Hmmmmmmm! Now, did you have to get 'used' to that fresh coffee all over again? Nope!!! It just comes naturally. I hear that's the way retirement is. You just don't have to get 'used' to it because it's so good.

I think this move will really make you a different person. I love you like you are but I want you healthy, dear sister.

I love you. Your story made my day. I will be hanging my hat up one day in the not-too-distant-future, should I live so long. You just pave the way for me. I just KNOW you can do it!!! :lol:

Love,

Johnboy

thing I see different is that I now have the time to do what I enjoy where before I had to figure some way to MAKE time. Now it is there.

I have never had a day of boredome but do have some evenings of boredome up north when I am alone. Usually the winter time. It just gets dark to dang early and there is no setting on the deck enjoying the night sounds.

just know that I can only push myself so far. It will be better. I see days in the future of me, you and Lil Brother fishin' and metal detectin'! It was just time, John! No doubt about it! ILY, Sis. :)

knowing "I have to do this" or "I have to do that" is something that just stresses me out so much. I hate to plan anything! I am going to go at it slow and easy, and see how it plays out! I can make it what I want it to be! :)

room on your hat rack for a couple of more hats? Johnboy is right behind you and of course, Ill be draggin up the rear.

Carol is in St Louis and on Friday she interviews for a corporate job with the hospital. Say a little prayer for her around 3:30 on Friday and just maybe they will hire her which will put me just a little closer to "hangin my hat up."

Congratulations sister!! You have certainly earned your new found freedom, but just remember that I still and will ALWAYS catch bigger and better fish than you!:lol:

I love you!

Lil Brother