Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Permission to Search a Crack House - Need Help!

Remember, as I have described many times before, just because a place is old doesn't guarantee that it will have old coins or any coins. People in those days HAD NO MONEY. A Nickel or a dime was a fortune and people carried their coins in coin purses not loose in their pockets. A nickel or dime in those days would buy what $5.00 to $10.00 buys today. How many five or ten dollar bills do you find laying around in people's yards today. You have to relate hoped for finds to the time period. People back then just had no money to loose..When I was a kid a single quarter would pay my way into the movies ( a real movie ), buy me a box of popcorn, a candy bar, and a coke. What does that cost today? What can you buy with a quarter today?

That's why many hunters today hunt some old property with high expectations and are heart broken when they wind up skunked - because they didn't relate the money supply and worth to the time period. You can't find treasure where treasure ain't.

Bill

Ok this is FUNNY STUFF.

I would take the advice of others and take that chick on your right hand. Give her a baseball bat and a tank top. You need an old fadded black button up shirt with the sleeves cut out. If you can get a metal detector in her other hand.

Some diggers look very much as if they would work well in a combat situation.

If you are serious you look rough and tumble enough.

In my case I am sure scared runs faster than crack. Experince dictates that crak and meth heads are not early risers. Nor are chronicly unemployed pot heads for that matter. Gainfully employed pot heads on the other hand have enough money and pot not to care what you are doing.

You have an adress call the county courthouse and find the owner.

Hunt the place, you had the nuts to ask to begin with. Take a friend and pay attention.

HH
Jeff

Thank you all for your insightful information regarding detecting old inner city houses. Uncle Willy, you bring up an excellent point and one that I have experienced myself. I do (right or wrong) assume that older home will give up older coins. It doesn't always work out well and now I understand why. I suppose that you want to find locations that were used for many years by many people. Old homes were used for lots of years but may have had relatively few people lose items. You guys have really helped me work through this.

For those that made some comments that I couldn't understand, please elaborate. I don't know what beer pong is or what the natural selection saying means.

Yeah just take your sweet, sexy,hot,gorgeous soon to be baby mama:yikes: you will be fine!!!good luck: H.H. rofl:

Man, there are plenty of houses around that aren't occupied by meth heads. Run, skidattle , scram, get the %#^^@@%# away from there.

Is fatcat winning anyones heart like me. lol . He seems to be a die hard on this. He seems so legitimate, them at times,I think he is jerking my/our chain .. lmao. Who's falling for what here? If it is attention,,,huh,, this thing is 3 pages long.:please::rofl:

Maybe in your nieghborhood the dope houses are different, but in my area,Just walking up to a house like that, if they dont know you. It WILL get you shot.And I mean like right now. BANG BANG....the police will not go there to help,,,,, exspecially at night,,,, WILLL NOT!!!!

Maybe fatcat is talking about some lame area. Where a kid can be a kid.

May not be a crack house. Maybe just a bunch of stoners. Who knows, if I hunted old, occupied, and run down houses there are some I would and some I would not. Around here some of them used to be middle class neighborhoods with goodlooking bigger houses. But, the years take their toll, and some areas fall into disrepair and poverty. Many years ago I had friends in some of those hoods and the people were mostly pretty decent. Sometimes people just look rough. Other times rough people look real upstanding.

Still though. in those places it would be early in the day for sure.

Jeff

I did it. I hunted the crackhouse. I took your advice and started hunting around 9:00. Found a bunch of clad coins, the oldest being a 1975 penny. I am a little disappointed... nothing old. It was very trashy above and below ground. I have to say, it was not worth it. I was a little scared being there by myself... I just didn't feel comfortable. I might have found more if I took my time and removed the surface layer of trash. Guys, thanks for all your help!

FatCat1 said:
I did it. I hunted the crackhouse. I took your advice and started hunting around 9:00. Found a bunch of clad coins, the oldest being a 1975 penny. I am a little disappointed... nothing old. It was very trashy above and below ground. I have to say, it was not worth it. I was a little scared being there by myself... I just didn't feel comfortable. I might have found more if I took my time and removed the surface layer of trash. Guys, thanks for all your help!

More guts than I have. You lived to tell the tale. :cheers::drinking::smoke::thumbup:

You never know who's
watching you out there. And your detector might look like a nice piece of
equipment to them. Bet they could get a few dollars for it.........after they crack you over the
head and take it. I'd also be concerned about police surveillance.
Good freakin luck! :)-)
The Katz

Good for you man. Sometimes the best thing a man can do is to intentionaly put himself into a stressfull situation. It forces growth.

Do you hunt with a DD coil. I know on my machine the DDs realy seperate the trash well.

Jeff

FatCat1 said:
I have to say, it was not worth it. I was a little scared being there by myself... I just didn't feel comfortable.

Fat Cat, at least now you won't be kicking yourself for all the treasure you missed by not detecting it.

The bottom line is we do this for fun and any time you're at all scared or not comfortable when you're doing it, it just ain't fun.

And we've all had those sites we thought were going to be great and they turn out to be duds. Maybe they've been hunted heavily before. Maybe they're so trashy the good stuff is masked. Maybe the old stuff has fallen to deep for the detector to spot. Or maybe there's just nothing there.