Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Permission to Search a Crack House - Need Help!

dahut said:
[
Then again, having friends like that could pay off some day...

You have been watching the actions flicks on HBO again haven't you.:rofl:

Fat cat: If nothin else you do have some big kahunas.:please: And there probally is some great coins down underneath all them king cobra, colt 45 and wild irish rose bottle tops.:rofl:

Maybe just keep an eye on the place and they will all vacate, but you still need to find the owner.And don't be so sure that they still are not questioning if you are a cop. The wierd people get crazy at night!! lol

Here's a little true story just for some humor.

This summer me and a friend of mine went detecting in the city of Flint,Michigan.Its a big rough city for those who don't know. Well we stayed in the better side of town but at noon we went to Rally's , a fast food joint, in the downtown area. As we was going through the drive through a lady come to my window and says: " Can I have some money, I'm so hungry, all I need is a few dollars to get some food". I'm normally a nice guy but I really don't like this type of thing and said . NO! straight up. and she walked away.
Well we got our food and was sitting in the parking lot. When we finished we could see this lady sitting on a curb across the lot. So I said to my friend, "I'm gona give her $4" I drove over to her, and handed her $4 , she says,,," Thank you ,thank you, I can get me some food now" and she walked away.
Me and my friend just started busting out laughing, it was very funny,,,,,,for she was walking tword the crack house and in the opposite direction of the Rally's!!!!

My suggestion is have 91 entered into your phone so you only have to hit one more number to summon help. If your original question was serious, my serious answer is go someplace else. If you were being glib, it was a funny post.

Chris

Seems to me I remembered a previous wacky thread started by Fat Cat.:crazy:

Sure enough, before he asked us how to get permission to detect a crack house, he asked us if a 2500 could handle urine.

And in the other thread he started said he felt like a certain feminine hygiene product when people were around when he metal detected.

Fat Cat, I've got a feeling you may be jerking our collective chain here. But if you're not...

You should seriously consider giving up metal detecting before you get seriously hurt, or worse.

Whizzing on your detector because you "had a few beers" is dumb.:drinking:

But considering detecting an occupied crack house is downright insane, and a recipe for disaster.:stretcher:

That you would even consider such a thing makes me think your deck is more than a couple cards short.:wacko:

I remember that other thread. LMAO :crazy::crazy::crazy:

On second thought, maybe this house is worth detecting, if anyone can "get er done" its fatcat. Like said above, while your there ask lots of questions like where is the meth lab because you want to detect it too.

Get some liquid courage:drinking:. Hike your pants up to about to your chest and fasten a belt to hold them, tuck your pant legs into untied boots, roll flannel shirt sleeves to elbow but leave unbuttoned in front and turn hat sideways.Then march right in and find some coins.:clapping:

I sure hope you are kidding!!!

What would make you even think that there is anything there at that site worth more than your safety. Time to step back and get a firm grasp on reality

The crack house was built in 1898 and is in a small New England city. I did a bit of research on the property and found that there was a family with 6 kids who lived there in the early 1920's. I'm not out looking for trouble, but 6 kids! Has to be something good down there. There are lots of shady characters in this old rundown town. I can not keep going to the same school yards in the "nice" suburbs - nothing left there. I think that the good stuff is still hidden in those older homes and around here, they are rough. Doesn't anyone on the board search the old inner city properties? I think I did the right thing by asking the crack heads permission. Let's just say I searched another older home in the neighborhood - an the crack heads saw me and went all ghetto on me. Well, see now they know who I am... and I asked, so they know I'm not going to take their drugs from them. Besides, maybe these guys would want to hunt with me or even join a local MDing club. I think it's good PR for the hobby.

I can't believe I'm the only guy to tinkle on his coil by accident. Where do you guys go?

FatCat1 said:
they know I'm not going to take their drugs from them. Besides, maybe these guys would want to hunt with me or even join a local MDing club. I think it's good PR for the hobby.

Yes, crackheads are wonderful PR for the hobby. And an excellent addition to the local MD club, I'm sure the members would be thrilled to have them.

Perhaps you could also round up some murderers, rapists and child molesters for even more good PR for the hobby...:rolleyes:

You Got too Be Kidding... Go and metal detect AT THEIR HOUSE !

That is like metal detecting between a Moma Bear and it's baby cub

FatCat: Could you post a picture of yourself. I would like to see the bravest metal detecter I've heard of.(bravest is not the only word that could be used here,,but I think it works the best)

I would like to see what the guy that detects a crack house looks like. I think I nailed it on my previous post on this thread. Post A picture please.
I think there is a marstercard/Visa (priceless) joke coming but not from me.

Its hard to take this seriously but seems you are.Everybody has told you ,don't do it, but yet you are still on it.If you are going to do it. Make sure it is early in the morning but not so early that there is no one around. You want some people out and about in the neighborhood. Don't go alone(good luck wt that) and do not try to make these people your friends. Do not stay for more than an hour at a time.Don't go in the back ,stay in open areas of the yard.

GREAT POINT!!!! Im sure in this case

The More Ther Merrier would have a totally
different conotation!!

Just waer some REAL thick digging gloves..

and be sure and save the needles for trash!!!

:surrender:

Ron
RLTW

Here's my photo taken at my brother's wedding. I'm on the right. Well all I was saying is that in the inner city there are tons of old homes never searched. Maybe the local kids would want to hang out and try MDing and perhaps turn away from their glorified drug/thug life.

I am on the right hand side wearing a white suit with a headband. I am standing next to my stunning, hot, sexy girlfriend (who doesn't metal detect - yet). I hope that one day day she will be my baby momma. I guess it's hard to recognize me without a metal detector. I guess that no one detects in inner city neighborhoods.

My God Fat Cat, I'm thinking that maybe you're not putting us on.

You are an adult and the evolutionary term that comes to mind is "natural selection." So do what you feel you must.

Remember that most crackheads are not gainfully employed, and if they are they won't be for long once the addiction takes hold.

But they still need to support themselves and that means crime.

Criminals are by definition stupid, but they learn what they have to know to ply their "trade."

A word of caution, metal detectors have good resale value and can be easily pawned, most criminals know that.

Yes, I've detected in bad inner city neighborhoods. The key is to go early (the first two to three hours after sunrise) and don't go alone. A Pistol Probe strapped across your chest serves multiple purposes - as a probe and as a deterrent.

And don't ask your new found homeys if you can "tinkle" in their toilet!

I just got on tonight and I don't have time to read all the post. I have MD'ed many crack houses. I drove a beat up ford with a white door on a gold colored car and a gray primered hood. I called it my road warrior. I dressed the part. Bandanna, biker shirt, boots and carried almost nothing that was worth losing. I MD'ed them in the very early morning hours. If things looked safe, I would detect to about 10 am. than kids would become a nuisance. The neighborhood got use to me. I lived a few years in the slums and sometimes I thought I was home. Try to be inconspicuousness yet blend in. I never said much to the crack heads coming out of the houses and they really didn't want to talk to me. One guy asked me for money and I told him,"Do I look like I have any money". What do you think I am trying to find with this thing? :rofl: Oh yea, the cops knew me well.

You have to be the judge. I know another guy that did good in the slums. I detected the central Fl. area (Orlando, DeLand, Sanford) and I felt pretty safe. If you don't feel good about it, don't MD it. Me, I love MD'ing there.