Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Getting Permission to Search a Crack House - Need Help!

FatCat1

There is an old home that is being used as a crack house and I would like to metal detect the yard. Here is my dilemma - I asked the people who live (or squat) there for permission. They said it was ok with them, but I would have to give them any guns I find. Now they seem all messed up on drugs and alcohol, so I can't be sure who the owner is but they say it's alright. So I guess I have permission, right? How do you guys handle stoned on-lookers? Does anyone know what a hypodermic needle will ID at on a 2500? Has anyone found any good coins at a crack house before?

LMAO,,,, I say give it up. Do you have a bullet proof vest,death wish? That green machine to them looks only "green". Enough to go get a rock.
Wow,,, I'm really not sure if you are joking about this.lol

There are a whole lot of places to detect, why put yourself into that position? Most certainly is not worth it.

If they are squatters, they can't give permission to search the place being they
have no legal right to be there. I suppose if they rent the place it would be OK,
although talking to the owner would be better.
I'd be wary though.. Sounds like a bunch of real winners.. You might dig up some
gold ring, and then they will claim that they lost it and want it back so they can
buy crack with the cash. Or something of that nature.. Guns in the ground? :wacko:
I'd want one in my pocket. :smoke:

You have to be out of your mind bud. If I were you I would forget this place and and run from it just as fast as I could.. I've had quite a bit of experience with these kinds of losers and you'd best just walk away or you just might be carried away. Are you that naive? THese kinds of people don't play with a full deck and are dangerous.

Bill.

Yeah this feller must have a death wish. These kinds of people will snuff you for your detector to swap or sell to buy dope.

Bill

i's stay away from that place if i were you. that place is very dangerous and like the others said, they wouldn't think twice about crackin' your skull for your detector to score another rock or two. better safe than sorry............roger

ps if you do decide to hunt there, i'd make sure mr. smith and mr. wesson was close by my side.

Just when I see something that gives me faith in my fellow man's decision making, a question like this comes up. While it may be that there is no dumb question, some are ill considered.

As said, they probably cant be taken at their word. Permission is doubtfully theirs to give and any loot you find wont be yours for long.
These are crackheads, remember?

May I humbly suggest you go somewhere else to detect.

i gotta agree with everybody else, and say avoid it.

If, however you are determined to detect, bring friends, preferably large and ominous looking 'goon' types. As a part time limo driver, I sometimes have to deal with drugged out weirdies, and trust me, if they think they can sell something you have for some rock, they will be thinking of ways to get it off you.

For you own safety stay away from that place. You'll be a dead man walking !!

Safety is the first and foremost consideration in our hobby and going to a crack house with occupants of same is definetly not safe or smart. It's kind of like when you are ass deep in alligators it's easy to remember your main objective was to drain the swamp. Run, don't walk away from this location.

You have got to be joking sport, or as thick as 40 planks.
That would be like jumping into a school of Great White Sharks, with blood pouring out of a leg.

Im Newbie and i LOVE MDing but GEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZ:surprised:

Happy Safe(????) and FUN hunts

None of which apply to this situation

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way

Guys,
Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'm a bit naive. I don't do drugs, but a few of the people said that they would share. I will strongly consider your collective advise and avoid. It's too bad because it's an old house in town that probably had lots of kids in the yard over the last 120 years. The only reason I have an interest is that I saw a bunch of guys out on the porch while driving by. I walked up to them inquiring about searching their yard. After they realized that I wasn't a cop, they rolled a 'cigarette' and said 'cool' to the idea. They did seem like strange fellows, but it didn't appear like they needed money since they had wads of their own. I just figured that their business has to be more lucrative than finding loose change in the yard. I suppose I can look around for other sites. Too bad there are no bordellos in town!

FatCat1 said:
Guys,
Thanks for all your responses. I guess I'm a bit naive. I don't do drugs, but a few of the people said that they would share. I will strongly consider your collective advise and avoid. It's too bad because it's an old house in town that probably had lots of kids in the yard over the last 120 years. The only reason I have an interest is that I saw a bunch of guys out on the porch while driving by. I walked up to them inquiring about searching their yard. After they realized that I wasn't a cop, they rolled a 'cigarette' and said 'cool' to the idea. They did seem like strange fellows, but it didn't appear like they needed money since they had wads of their own. I just figured that their business has to be more lucrative than finding loose change in the yard. I suppose I can look around for other sites. Too bad there are no bordellos in town!
Then again, having friends like that could pay off some day...

Yep, I would have to agree with everyone else. Stay away from the crack house.:garrett: