Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

etrac has no sound?:veryangry: (We've been told by one party that the other guy is his brother..)

I did a reset, and a master reset. I sent it back yesterday. Really, at this point spending what I did on it, and being able to use it twice, and send it back twice...I hope they fix it..but at the same time, it really doesn't matter to me weather they do or not.

That machine kind of reminds me of my ex wife. I knew early in the relationship, she was gonna continue giving me problems.

Sounds like an audio issue to me. If the audio worked properly when you sent them in the first time, it could be something as simple as something in the speaker jack assembly getting shorted out when it was reassembled. Regardless, it should have been in full working order when they sent it back.

I doubt it is a battery issue, unless you overcharged the Li-Ion pack and too much voltage passed into the ETRAC. If you used the R&B smart-charger that came with the battery, that shouldn't happen. If you used some other charger, all bets are off. That is one reason Minelab voids the warranty if a problem is caused by using Li-Ion batteries.

[attachment 283240 etracbatterywarning.png]

[attachment 283241 rampbbatteryetrac.jpg]

I would suggest the warranty R&B mentions is for the battery, not the detector. HH Randy

I charged it with the charger it came with, and it read 12.5 on my voltmeter. But before I tried that battery, I had the minelab rechargeable battery in it, and no sound. Then noticed there was only one battery bar, so I tried the r&b thinking maybe it had something to do with the low battery.

Also my detector turns on fine. The etrac has over voltage protection, and will not turn on if voltage is too high. My detector did not have this issue.

As I said in the first sentences of my response.....Sounds like an audio issue to me. If the audio worked properly when you sent them in the first time, it could be something as simple as something in the speaker jack assembly getting shorted out when it was reassembled. Regardless, it should have been in full working order when they sent it back.

I added the portion regarding battery use for three reasons...1. you didn't mention what charger you had used. 2. there seems to be some confusion as to Minelab' warranty when using Li-Ion batteries in the ETRAC. 3. the warranty listed on R&B's site is for the battery, not the detector in might be used in.

Why would pulltab use a different charger than what came with the battery? It's a specific charger that comes with it. I don't think he was confused about r&b warranty regarding the detector . I think that if they advertise that battery specific for that detector, and it did happen to destroy one because of a voltage issue they would be opening themselves up for a claim.

trust me, I've had plenty of hours in the court room. They can warranty the battery all thy want. But if it isn't compatible like they claim.....then there can be claims.

didn't sound to me like pulltab was confused by what you said my man.

czhunter said:
Why would pulltab use a different charger than what came with the battery? It's a specific charger that comes with it. I don't think he was confused about r&b warranty regarding the detector . I think that if they advertise that battery specific for that detector, and it did happen to destroy one because of a voltage issue they would be opening themselves up for a claim.

trust me, I've had plenty of hours in the court room. They can warranty the battery all thy want. But if it isn't compatible like they claim.....then there can be claims.

didn't sound to me like pulltab was confused by what you said my man.

Where did I say that pulltab used a different charger than came with the battery? What I said was "If you used the R&B smart-charger that came with the battery, that shouldn't happen. If you used some other charger, all bets are off." I accused him of nothing. With your hours in the Courtroom, you should recognize the difference between factual representation and false accusation.

As to aftermarket products being used on any proprietary piece of property.....there are a limited number of products that are authorized, by Minelab, for use on their detectors. I don't know if the R&B battery pack has been authorized by Minelab or not. What I do know, as an example, is that Coiltek is an authorized manufacturer of coils for the X-TERRA series. There is another company who also makes X-TERRA coils, but they are not an authorized by Minelab to do so. With these coils being sold on the market, without being authorized or approved by MInelab, they are infringing on the patent rights for the Minelab product. Again, I am not saying that the battery pack in question has not been approved by Minelab, for use in the ETRAC. I know a lot of folks are using them with great results. But I will certainly ask Minelab the question, and let you know what I find out.

As to your final comment, my man....he may not have been confused by what I said. But I was confused by what he hadn't said. I didn't remember him saying that he had used the charger that came with the batteries. What I did remember is that he said there was an audio problem. And those were the issues I addressed.

Wow guys. I didn't know this post would get so much attention. I was just venting my frustration spending 1500 on a new detector, and only being able to use it twice, and have to send it in for repairs twice.

like I said. If they fix it, they fix it. If not, it's just a metal detector. It's a lot of money, but hey I'll live to see another day....hh

Like he(( !!!!!!!!!
If they don't make it right we can all write them messages threatening bodily harm and a boycot---no sense in letting a good crisis go to waste. :(

That's funny sprchng. ..that's what i try to do if i can. Find humor in a bad situation. ...seriously though. That was funny.

not that I'm endorsing that kind of behavior if there are attorneys present...lol....that's my disclaimer

I enjoy a good debate. But when two of the people posting are using the same IP address, and the email address of one of them is the username for the other......well, so much for it being a good debate.