Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 6" coil Holy Cow

u2robert said:
Tried the 6" coil on the Equinox in my test garden wow what depth for a 6" coil I was blow away & it looks so little when I put it on the shaft I was thinking 6-7" at the most, hell no it was hitting 9-10" coins and 3 ringers.
My test garden was planted over 5 years ago.

Well I've seen this type comment before so I just ordered one as the water hunting is about over!! and back to dirt fishing!!!! Thx

Mike K

ORemember coils with different frequency with a low frequency will go deeper with Ferris materials and high-frequency tend to do better on jewelry.
So think about this The NOX runs multiple frequencies the same time . Which in my opinion can be a hotter coil compared to a single frequency coil.

Also you will like the separation the 6” does in trashy areas like swing sets and and tight areas and you can sometimes get a little closer to metal objects

Donut said:
Also you will like the separation the 6” does in trashy areas like swing sets and and tight areas and you can sometimes get a little closer to metal objects

This is what I'm hoping for! I have an old home site that was built in the early 1800's burned down. I've popped out a few cherries but damn its very noisy can't wait to try the 6" Coil....

When you get you may need to lower the sensitivity, I have found the NOX can be a little hot in heavy congested areas , that’s why it seams to find more stuff at heavily hunted sights. There are times I even have to lower it on the 11” too and at times I can run both of them at max sensitivity. But at the right places that 6” is awesome.

Doug

Donut said:
When you get you may need to lower the sensitivity, I have found the NOX can be a little hot in heavy congested areas , that’s why it seams to find more stuff at heavily hunted sights. There are times I even have to lower it on the 11” too and at times I can run both of them at max sensitivity. But at the right places that 6” is awesome.

Doug

Last weekend I had my Sens down to 15 and was still digging deep (8"-10") silvers....

I understand that.

With the 6” coil
I just spent 4 hrs of hard digging and $85 cents total lol . I only did a small area in a big area , very cluttered and had to go slow in order to separate things . I was running full sensitivity. And in park 2 just to try it. Everything or most was 6-10 inches deep. It doesn’t miss anything.
If you plan on doing an acre with it you may not get it done in your lifetime. You can get just a little closer to fence posts and wire fence.
I got stuff where others can’t get as close but when dong that you will Need to lower the sensitive.
I do a full swing wit it and only move about 4 inches so it’s slow going . In water the 6” is nice because there is so much less water drag on the coil like there is on the 11” coil.
Having each coil already mounted on a shaft is so easy and fast to change in about one minute total.
One other thing I did is everytime I hit a signal I didn’t like (-5, +3 , etc I just hit the +/- button and after a while of knocking out the unwanted signals ‘the machine quieted down and only the good things were showing on the TID but you have to be careful doing that because you can block out good stuff. You do have to keep a close eye on the TDI because a good signal can be overridden fast and you can miss it.
There are gonna be some misspelled words above , sorry.
Ok I’ll stop babbling.

Doug

Ok . I just sent you a message

If you're doing a full swing and only moving 4 inches you're digging a lot of targets.

u2robert said:
Tried the 6" coil on the Equinox in my test garden wow what depth for a 6" coil I was blow away & it looks so little when I put it on the shaft I was thinking 6-7" at the most, hell no it was hitting 9-10" coins and 3 ringers.
My test garden was planted over 5 years ago.

Thanks To Your Post I had To Get One Also :) Can't Wait To Try It :)

Yes that is correct , However you have to adjust your swing because of the trash BUT if you know you are in a really good area you better be going slow. Also it’s. 6” coil and you overlap you are not doing a full 6”:. And if you zig zag you’ll miss a lot. You are not gonna do.a big field with a 6” .

I love my 6 inch coil. I have found nickels at 9 inches easy. I use it at a fresh water beach and crank up the sensitivity without any issues. Love it!

ramairnut said:
I love mine. I used to swing a T2 LTD with the 5" DD coil which was very good as well but having the multi-frequency of the Equinox coupled with this 6" coil is nothing short of amazing.:detecting:

The T2 and the 5" are a great combo.

I use my 6' coil in playgrounds and love it! I'm able to get fairly close to the metal poles with no problem. However...I do get a lot of very good signals on bent nails at a local fresh water beach. I still love the coil though, especially how light it makes my 600 :)

I have been in trashy areas I could get anywhere because the 11 inch was going nuts and the 6” let me get threw it. There are times the 6” the only way you can get threw it.
I would like to see a 9” in the future.

Doug