Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 6" coil Holy Cow

Ok, my new Nox800 is due here Friday 6-7 and I've always liked a smaller coil. So where are you guys ordering from?

My jury is still out on the 6 inch for trash sites. I went back to the stock coil after doing very well with the 15 inch.
It's how you set up your machine to the site and pay attention to what it is telling you.

Sound familiar to the Explorers? For me it does.

Keep on digging and making site adjustments as I do.

Tony N.J.

Russ in AL said:
Ok, my new Nox800 is due here Friday 6-7 and I've always liked a smaller coil. So where are you guys ordering from?

Amazon, Kellyco, etc. I ordered mine from Amazon because it costs around $179.00, I believe, and free shipping. But if you buy it locally, it may be a better idea since you get it right away.

Just ordered a 6'' coil,although the stock 11'' coil is my main everyday use one,it wont be long before it will be harvest time here in the UK and its in situations like that when the 6'' coil will/can earn its keep by being able to get in between the stubble rows that a large coil just cannot do.

HAHA Ain't that the truth

Willee said:
Dang you guys ... now I got to go get the 6" nox coil and go back over all the places I hunted with the larger one.
This is getting to be a worse hobby than photography when it comes to accessory's you cant live without.

My 6'' Nox coil arrived today,its a real tiny thing and great for getting in between the stubble and trashy roman/saxon sites,a really deadly combination the 6'' coil on the Equinox.One word describes it 'Wow'

I got a almost new used one on here in the classified works great and cheap!

Mkus said:

Did you have too alter any of your setting like turning the sensitivity down at all ?? or did it run with the same settings as the 11'' stock coil ??

I just got my Equanox 800 and got the 6”at the same time why ?. I had the Exterra 70 with 5 different coils and one was the 6” and it is a must in trashy areas and around tight spots and play parks. I would not go without. With the 11” and the 6” you can do about anything with the two.

Doug

Mega said:
Mkus said:

Did you have too alter any of your setting like turning the sensitivity down at all ?? or did it run with the same settings as the 11'' stock coil ??
I wouldn't change a thing, run it like a stock at first. Might lower your recovery a bit depending on the target saturation. Run the sens. as high as your machine will let you-no chatter. JMO
HH Jeff

Mega said:
Mkus said:

Did you have too alter any of your setting like turning the sensitivity down at all ?? or did it run with the same settings as the 11'' stock coil ??[/quot
I wanted to try it with same settings just to see how it responded the sensitivity I changed though

Buy it from BigBoys Hobby, they are a sponsor, 179.00 for the coil and 30.00 for the lower shaft and free shipping

? Same Digger from Xterra board ?

Doug/Donut

I just tried my 6” for the first time today. Oh that thing goes deep. But one thing is it is a hot coil bearing able to go that deep. I’m hope I can get the sensitivity down so it isn't so hot in trashy area’s . That thing was hitting so hard it wouldn’t shut up , lol . Is gonna take so getting use to. And dang when the ground is hard it seems like forever digging so deep.

Doug

Yesterday I did a beach hunt with the 6” and got change and three rings , one cosmetic junk , one wedding band and one 18k gold .

Yep the 6” works! Inland lake

I just received my lower shaft today for my 6” coil so now it much easier to change coils. No messing with the pivot bolt any more.
I also mounted both Velcro straps only on the lower shaft so the wire stays put and wound all the time.

Doug

What I did was order a new Equinox shaft kit from Kellyco it has the complete shaft for 50.00. I have the 6" coil on the lower rod & middle shaft makes changing out coil really easy the coil cable is wound around the shaft and held in place with pull ties I just remove the upper shaft install it on the 6" lower & middle shaft set-up screw the coil cable on the control box done in minutes.

U2 . I also ordered the whole shaft kit and it was on Amazon for $50.
So you are keeping both lower shafts connected. That actually makes more sense because the adjustments will stay the same all the time. I think I’ll do it that way to.

We’re just getting more lazy as we get old. Lol

Donut said:
U2 . I also ordered the whole shaft kit and it was on Amazon for $50.
So you are keeping both lower shafts connected. That actually makes more sense because the adjustments will stay the same all the time. I think I’ll do it that way to.

We’re just getting more lazy as we get old. Lol

HAHAHA Roger That