Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dear Minelab..PLEASE put a clock on the Equinox..PLEASE!

nagant said:
This has to be the silliest topic I've ever seen. Right up there with AR15 accessories.

THE silliest? Cmon now! You haven't read the REST of the forum,have you?
What I'm saying is...it's SO simple to add the clock,even if 10% of people ever use it. That way I don't need to carry my phone to know the time,or wear that watch I don't have...I just hope they tack it on there somewhere.
Cool AR15!

I don't want to know what time it is when I'm detecting. It's my escape. A clock is a reminder that there are other responsibilities. When I'm detecting let someone else deal with responsibilities. Just my opinion. If they put one on the Equinox, and I buy one (which is highly likely) I'll put a piece of tape over it.

I too think a clock would be handy. Sometimes I only have 30 minutes to detect and I wouldn't have to keep pulling out my phone to see if I've gone over.

NCtoad said:
I too think a clock would be handy. Sometimes I only have 30 minutes to detect and I wouldn't have to keep pulling out my phone to see if I've gone over.

You know, they have this crazy invention called the wrist watch! You should TOTALLY try it out. I've been wearing one since forever and its the best kept secret. :rofl:

There seems to be the camp who wears a watch and those who don't,even though not everyone who doesn't see a need for the clock has said they actually wear a watch.
I do not wear a watch because Im an auto mechanic. Wearing a watch may cause me to lose some fingers or a hand,both of which I'd like to keep.
Again,this could be something you simple enable or disable. It's really not complicated(I wouldn't think) and either you could have it on the display or not. Bingo! Best of both worlds for everyone. And it doesn't require years of R&D!
As for you retired folks...yeah,I get it,you don't need the time. I do.

Jason in Enid said:
NCtoad said:

You know, they have this crazy invention called the wrist watch! You should TOTALLY try it out. I've been wearing one since forever and its the best kept secret. :rofl:
I don't care to wear a watch, I don't even wear my wedding band. I just don't like wearing jewelry...I do like finding it though:biggrin:

OK Minelab just put one of those tiny stick clocks in the box, with your logo on it of course!

nagant said:
OK Minelab just put one of those tiny stick clocks in the box, with your logo on it of course!

Now we're talkin'!:lol:

No need to go to all that trouble Charles.----Just box 'em up & send them to me! ;)
Charles (Upstate NY) said:
IDXMonster said:
Beyonder said:
how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

I could use the blood pressure monitor,especially on those deep Indians that are really rotted Zincolns...:lol:

I could use that for clad dimes, I hate them, please add an Equinox clad dime death ray!!

be careful what you wish for. may delay release for 6 months for such a minor thing. remember volume control on at max? the delay cost them far more sales than adding the feature added.

Parkologist said:
be careful what you wish for. may delay release for 6 months for such a minor thing. remember volume control on at max? the delay cost them far more sales than adding the feature added.

No I didn't see that...silly Garrett!

Im retired and have realized ive worn a watch my whole life......always on a schedule. TIME consumes me sometimes. Its worse than any cell phone. Ive got a teen age grand son living with us..... still have to wake and be places. So i find myself waking up a half dozen times a night checking the watch so i dont over sleep. I have a CTX....... NEVER use the clock..... but on the beach..... im still checkin the time with the watch. I thought when i retired id be able to throw away the clock lol.

"Folks have been asking for 'a clock' on detectors for years.
They are now embedded in 2 (to my knowledge) different detector models: CTX & Deus
But, you never heard anyone talking about it? I watched and read ALL threads about CTX on different xfora when it was released.
Not one Thread or post about the clock! Same for Deus. It's in it but, not discussed.
Leading me to believe it's not an important or desirable feature?"

Everyone wants added features.......but that adds cost and required the machine to use battery and do things i just dont need..... and breaks. I like simplicity..... in a machine and life..... its like a walk in the woods with no frustrations or distractions.

Deus clock isn't even set right time on mine :lmfao: I know when its time to go and its not governed by what time it is, more by when I have had enough...

AJ

Des D said:
They are now embedded in 2 (to my knowledge) different detector models: CTX & Deus
But, you never heard anyone talking about it? I watched and read ALL threads about CTX on different xfora when it was released.
Not one Thread or post about the clock! Same for Deus. It's in it but, not discussed.

Des - It's actually a good feature for beach hunters like myself that do not own a watch and don't wanna carry their cell phone on them during a storm. Just would want it to be big enough to see if they do indeed implement it. If not, no big deal

Des D said:

Probably because most detectorists are old farts who still wear a watch or don't care any more about what time it is.
times for old people.... I'm not tired its time to waking up. I'm hungry, its time to eat. Its daylight so its time to go hunting. Its dark so its time to go home.

Lord how I look forward to retirement!