Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dear Minelab..PLEASE put a clock on the Equinox..PLEASE!

Ha !, great suggestion. Found a digital watch the size of nickel that some kid dropped in a park , the band was a perfect length to strap it to the handle of my etrac,,,great addition:thumbup:

nice feature...

It would be a great feature, but please make it bigger than on the CTX so old folks like myself can actually see it.

ML said:
It would be a great feature, but please make it bigger than on the CTX so old folks like myself can actually see it.

Amen!:lol:

I have a watch... a clock in the car... a clock on my cell phone.. I don't need another clock. Just something else to go faulty.

"I pushed hard to fit 'a clock' in the CTX
They did.
This is the very 1st post I've ever seen remotely referring to the topic since the CTX was released.
I don't think too many rated a clock as a valid feature?
It 'sounded right' when we were designing it but, ???"

Des D said:
They did.
This is the very 1st post I've ever seen remotely referring to the topic since the CTX was released.

Des,to ME....it's needed. I run a tight schedule ALL the time and don't own a Rolex,or even a Casio. Being able to glance at the screen for yet ANOTHER piece of valuable information during my detecting has been SO helpful that I cannot believe I'm the only guy who thinks so. Maybe people don't mention it because it's such a no brainer that it ought to be on EVERY machine built by ANYONE. And,obviously YOU thought it was not only a frill,but really a valuable built in tool that probably costed next to nothing to add,relatively speaking. Why the EFF would anyone be AGAINST it? Something else to "break"? We're not talking about strapping a cuckoo clock to the display pod! The CTX clock,with a tad larger digits....perfecto!

IDXMonster said:
Des D said:
They did.

Des,to ME....it's needed. I run a tight schedule ALL the time and don't own a Rolex,or even a Casio. Being able to glance at the screen for yet ANOTHER piece of valuable information during my detecting has been SO helpful that I cannot believe I'm the only guy who thinks so. Maybe people don't mention it because it's such a no brainer that it ought to be on EVERY machine built by ANYONE. And,obviously YOU thought it was not only a frill,but really a valuable built in tool that probably costed next to nothing to add,relatively speaking. Why the EFF would anyone be AGAINST it? Something else to "break"? We're not talking about strapping a cuckoo clock to the display pod! The CTX clock,with a tad larger digits....perfecto!

Cuckoo clock to the display pod? Anyone who doesn't think that's funny has no sense of humor. I agree a clock would be a welcome feature.

Hello said:
Does the CTX have a small internal battery to keep time when the main battery is removed?

That is an EXCELLENT observation,along with the settings and everything else it keeps. I never even considered that it was doing that. It could be an internal battery or another capacitor of some kind...it's gonna bug me now. Thanks a lot Hello!:lol:

how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

This has to be the silliest topic I've ever seen. Right up there with AR15 accessories.

The clock could be set by the GPS when you turn the machine on.

The CTX does have the option of setting the clock by GPS, by that requires chosing that option and also having GPS turned on (plus it takes several minutes to get satellite lock). I havent paid attention to the clock in so long, I couldn't say if its time is correct on powerup every time. If it does, then it has to have an internal battery (typically a watch type battery). That wouldnt be needed to store settings and most electronics have moved to static data storage, like a built in thumb-drive.

Jason in Enid said:
The CTX does have the option of setting the clock by GPS, by that requires chosing that option and also having GPS turned on (plus it takes several minutes to get satellite lock). I havent paid attention to the clock in so long, I couldn't say if its time is correct on powerup every time. If it does, then it has to have an internal battery (typically a watch type battery). That wouldnt be needed to store settings and most electronics have moved to static data storage, like a built in thumb-drive.

Thanks Jason that makes sense that it would store the backup like that,I wasn't thinking along those lines.

Beyonder said:
how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

I could use the blood pressure monitor,especially on those deep Indians that are really rotted Zincolns...:lol: