Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

best all round detector, bias free opinions please

LOL anyone who uses a clad machine to trounce his fellow hunter's can only be so tough.I guess I'll have to come to the UK with my Radio Shack 1100 and set thing straight (with a normal coil) loser leaves town.

Already answered this for Blue on a U.K. forum Larry. What most people have missed is that he requires an all rounder that will tackle wet salt areas which reduces the options considerably.

Thanks Brian.

Hi Bluehazeman, You state in one of your posts here that Americans only have to worry about coins and artefacts going back 200 years. Are you confused? After seeing that statement I am certainly confused. My understanding is that the Portuguese, Spanish and then the French were visitng the Americas from the early 16th Century, about 400 years ago in Australian maths. It is known that in parts of Maryland there were occupants (human) dating back to 8,000 BC. It is also known that there were inhabitants of other parts of North America long before the Europeans arrived. Maybe you're only thinking back to when the British Army of 40,000 was well and truly whipped by 20,000 North American farmers (yes, I know I am simplifying the situation and am not including the 30,000 Germans who fought on the side of the British). How so then that you Brits need detectors that go much deeper than ones used in the US. Do you take the view that it is only your relics that are worth finding and that the history of countries other than your own does not merit thought or consideration.

With regards to finding the right detector,there have been several useful suggestions made. My bias free opinion is that you can go with one of those suggestions, or go where your fancy takes you. I wish you well. Sapper.

The early 16thcentury is about 400 years in australian maths? Its about 500 years ago everywhere else.
Ok so maths isn't your strong suit and your history is pretty poor also, how about posting a sensible reply about metal detectors?

Please be aware that Findmall has been having problems with troublesome posts from the UK, so any agitation from either side of the pond will be deleted, posts AND posters. Who won the wars has nothing to do with "The best all around detector".

All BS aside, there is no such thing as an un-biased opinion when it comes to metal detectors or anything else for that matter!!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

There are no unbiased opinions and no such animal as the best all around detector - only the one that is best for you - not best for someone else. And only you can decide that. What might be great for someone else could prove to be lousy for you.

Bill

bluehazeman said:
don`t know about lipstick on a pig: must be an american custom, but my 250 with the Detech SEF 15X12 coil just trounced my mates Fisher F5 on depth,pinpointing and discrimination ! so it must be doing something right:clapping:maybe he needs the lipstick on the F5 as it was well and truely blown:shocked: away. these coils will totally transform many machines and whatever machine i buy next will have to be able to accommodate one:ukflag: you have to remember that in the good OLD UK we have had civilisations that used metal extensively for well over 2000 years so a coil that goes deep is a must, the USA is a totally different proposition with very little worth finding of over 200 years (nuggets exempt) so most stock coils are more than adequate, that`s life we`ve got such a long and varied history that there`s far more good stuff in the dirt:thumbup:

This is a case of comparing apples and oranges.

I can certainly believe that a 250 with a 15X12 coil would go deeper than a F5.

A massive coil like that is going to go deep. The F5 is not the very deepest detector, but it's deeper than average. I've used the Tesoro Cibola, Compadre, DeLeon, Tejon and the Garrett 1350. The only machine of those I've found to be deeper than the F5 is the Tejon.

And a round coil is going to pinpoint better than a elliptical. Although I find the F5 pinpoints very well.

But hunting on this side of the pond is a different animal.

The F5 is best suited as a coinshooter, whereas I would think most in your country would usually want a machine best suited for relics.

A lot of what you hunt is pasture and plowed fields where everything can be a relic and the targets are comparitively sparse.

But stateside a lot of what we hunt is loaded with ferrous and non-ferrous trash.

That's where other aspects of the F5 are going to give it the edge in most areas compared to a 250 outfitted with a huge coil.

I've never used the 250, but I know a lot of people who use it say it's a lot of detector for the money.

By the way, all this nationalistic bickering seems a little silly to me.

God Bless America :usaflag:and God Save the Queen :ukflag:

thanks for your views guys, and please keep them coming, do many American detectorists use XP detectors ? i`ve heard several people rate the F75 Fisher and quite a few of the Minelab machines, i`m quite interested in the Safari model FBS technology and supposedly quite easy to use, as i`d like to tackle beaches (salt water) do any of you have a machine that`s at home both on dry land and wet sand, i even wondered about the Excalibur 11 as it`s fully w/proof yet will according to Minelab work just aswell on the dry stuff, anyways thanks again from:ukflag:cheers:cheers:

n/t

man always with those negative vibes.....

edjcox said:
man always with those negative vibes.....
about 7.2 khz in my case, :biggrin: seems to have a pretty positive effect:thumbup: but having read alot of good stuff about it i`m nearly set on going for the Safari, cheers from:ukflag:

LOL LOL LOL Yea...........What the hazeman said.....................,I cant give an unbiased opinion, However i like the minelab............... Ill now set back a wait on the shamblers unintelligent rebuttal

Here's my biased free opinion............I don't care what machine is the best. I use what I have and have fun.

You do the same and you will find everything that you will ever find.

You've got to answer this question. We can find coins lost several hundred years ago buried two feet down in the ground, but we can't seem to ever find our car keys.

Hmmmmmmm.

Best all around truffle detector is a wild boar.....

Hmm is that bore ......

Keep him on a leash as he'll eat his finds pronto....

There's as many "best all around detectors" as there ar MD hobbyists.

Watch that read count go up...