Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rob (IL)

Please my avatar is mine, I made it and it lets people know it is me when I make a post. I don't think it is good form to copy it anymore than to copy my screen name. Please use your own. Rob

:crazy:

Avatar_Movie_2009_(2)-724649.jpeg

[attachment 155093 thief.jpg]Ha Ha, maybe I should start using yours. I'm only kidding with you Neil, BUT........ Hey I read two posts before I thought, Hey I didn't write these. I just wanted people to use common sense. Rob

Well here is my answer.

Listen stop going on like a big Girl !! Its an avatar. You should be pleased that your work is being used. So stop going on you are really sad......

Nice there goes my identity on the forum. Do you think it is right guys? Don't bother to do something yourself A.C.T.I.V.8 just take it. Rob

Rob, like I have said, you SHOULD be pleased that your work is being used. I am sorry you feel this way, but if the shoe was on the other foot, then every one who wanted to use it, if I was clever like you must be, I would be really happy, knowing that I had done it !! Like I say my friend I really can not see why all the grief !!!!

YOUR AVATAR IS EXCELLENT - WELL DONE...

Yes its a great gif avatar and very well done but why would you copy it? Its a way to tell posters apart. Pretty lame. If I see someone with an avatar of their kid I dont think, "Hey thats a cute kid, think Ill use it for my avatar".

I agree Rob, taking someones avatar without asking is the same as stealing. Especially when you did the programming. Change your avatar a.c.t.i.v.8 or find another forum.

My avatar is a special avatar because I brought it up, out of the ground after lying there for more than 200 years. I would not be happy if it was used by anyone else.

Well as you say Larry, I will find another forum !! What a bunch of baby's, just dont see the point of being called a thief over a bloody avatar !!

I am sure this will get deleted like my account but this is the pm I received from Larry calling me a thief more or less!!!

I'm going to have to ask you to use your own avatar. Taking someones else's avatar, especially when they designed it, is just plain rude, unethical, not to mention, thievery.

Larry

You have a really good forum, but to be honest people are like spoilt children

DAVE....

maybe you would not have done it in the first place. Code, any type of code, be it a simple avatar or a program, belongs to the author. Unless that individual or company gives license to use it, it belongs to them an no one else. Taking it and using it without expressed permission is along the lines of theft.

Do you like it when someone steals from you?

Just a thought.

Here is a link to a publication regarding intellectual property rights. Read it and come to understand its meaning.

http://www.iccwbo.org/uploadedFiles/ICC/policy/intellectual_property/Statements/BASCAP_IP_pub.pdf

The person acting like a self centered child is you a.c.t.i.v.8. You seem unable to recognize proper adult behavior. You were asked to stop using what you clearly stole. Instead of backing down as you should, you try to justify your actions and start trying to defame those that justifiably pointed out your misbehavior. Since you cannot play nice with others, I hope you stay out of the sandbox.

Bob

Thank you for the support guys, I appreciate all the the help form you girls. Now lets get the best out of our V3's. Rob

Great avatar, and yes it should be exclusively yours! Guess there are always gonna be rude folks out there:ranting:

The getting of one will more than likely take place in a few month from now. I just have to finish saving for it and all the accessories I want with it.
That and the weather here needs to get warmer too! I don't want to buy one and then have to wait for the weather to get better. I'll let the weather get nicer and then buy it. Then I can run outta the house and use the new toy right away.

Seems I have upset a lot of folks, so [size=x-large]very sorry.[/size] Life is to short to go on like this, as I have found out !!

Once again [size=x-large]Sorry to the folks I have upset...[/size]

Dammit! Now someone stole mine! :detecting:

Hey guys,
It's not right what he done,I'm sure he realizes it now.He did apologise.I don't see any need to get out the rope and the three leg chair? We all make mistakes. Time to let it pass?
Butch in Newfoundland

To much good history too wipe it out because of a silly mistake. Trying to remember the last time I made one....:lol: