Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I thought Rob's avatar was just something from the Whites Web Site. With my somewhat imprecise memory, it simply looks to me like White's trademarked symbol combined with their copyrighted name probably somewhere on the V3 marketing materials. I can certainly see why anyone loving whites and the V3, but not realizing that this is not just a whites icon would think "hey, I'll use that to show people I love whites and have a v3...this was probably an honest mistake to begin with.

Also, Larry and Nancy, who are Whites dealers have nearly identical avatar's to Robs, which makes it feel like these are maybe not custom made or special, but rather just things from Whites. Its only when you realize that the three of them are hunting partners and Nancy and Larry are married that you realize that these three friends have these icons as original and just for them.

I thought Rob was nuts at first, but realizing that he actually programmed it, now it makes sense. But I also can see why someone might have taken the avatar, too, without meaning any harm.

Taterhead, the Village Idiot

Rob, How much do you charge for an original "rcasio"?

Thank you for these posotive replies guys. It is a very good avatar, and like Taterhead states, I ment no harm, just showing people that I am %100 behind the V3 !!

Cheers Butch, dont really fancy that 3 legged chair !!

In classic Village Idiot style, I have no idea what one might do with a rope and a three-legged chair, but I have a feeling that the end result would make a pretty funny...um...avatar. :)

Tat2demon said:
Yes its a great gif avatar and very well done but why would you copy it? Its a way to tell posters apart. Pretty lame. If I see someone with an avatar of their kid I dont think, "Hey thats a cute kid, think Ill use it for my avatar".

Hey Tat2, on a different subject,I went to Sioux Falls this past week for a school and drug the V3 along.I was going to try and hit a few spots and was really bummed when I got there.You guys need to get rid of some SERIOUS SNOW! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:rofl: Rob made Nancy's for her and I think it cost her a pot of chili and some hors d'oeuvers....:shrug: ........:laugh:

Labrador Bob, from the Maps forum, made mine.

BHNugget said:
Hey Tat2, on a different subject,I went to Sioux Falls this past week for a school and drug the V3 along.I was going to try and hit a few spots and was really bummed when I got there.You guys need to get rid of some SERIOUS SNOW! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

LOL yeah its been pretty crappy. Its finally warming up a bit (high 30s) but weve had rain for almost the entire last week. On the positive side, the snow and rain is making it a bit easier to wait for my V3 to show up. Should be here near the end of next week I think. Bought this one.

Are you from around the area?

It is a nice avatar and I don't believe that activ8 meant any harm. I would hate to see a member leave this forum for something like this...after all, he has sincerely apologized. I think we should cut him some slack and move on to what we're all here for :detecting:

I bet Nancy's chili is awesome - hey Rob, I make a killer lasagna primavera (hint hint)!!! :biggrin:

Nugget

If there is real sincerity in his words then it would not be used on other sites yet by the same person on certain DFX forum.Yazoo

Thanks Yazoo. Now we don't need to keep this post going.

He knew I made it.
I sent him PM's to this effect.
He is simply acting in a poor manner, but at least on this forum his posts don't look like mine.
Just for fun if somebody doesn't have an avatar I will give one away. I'll do it in another post. This is just a fun thing. If it's OK with Larry. If not he will delete it.

Rob

This thread has been closed.