Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A cowboys new direction in life..................

Yup, I still make those flutes, but right now it is scaled back because of fishing and hunting (coming up in three weeks). Man, all these 'distractions' and not near enough time makes for a full life. :lol:

I plan on ramping up the flute-making, in a real special way for folks. My favorite flute was not made from some special exotic wood. It was made from a chair-leg of an old chair that I found by a dumpster! It was just barely enough to eek out a flute, but eek one out, I did! It is so beautiful sounding!

What I want to do is to make special order flutes from wood that might be special in some way to the customer. I think a flute made from 150 year old timbers from one's great-grandfather's cabin etc, would be so meaningful. The flute could be made from a broken up piece of furniture of someone special, or even an old damaged cedar chest--the sources are endless. It could even be small wood that I could laminate together to make a flute.

I will never mass produce them, but I never intend to stop making them. They are a most special soul-gift and I like doin' 'em!

Whenever you decide to try your hand at it, let me know. We'll get on the phone and we'll answer a few questions you might have. I'll copy some pertinent information I have accumulated about the physics of the flute so that you will have a good head start. I'd like nothing better than to see you make a beautiful-sounding flute.

I might make ten flutes and only like the way four are tuned. I don't have all the answers but I have the patience and just work through it as I can. I have made some that are pretty to look at but do not sound full and rich. So, I just look at them. Then there's the simple little (my favorite) flute made from the chair-leg. It doesn't look like much but, truly it has the soul of an angel.

Again, thanks for your story, Fred. We all have to play the cards we are dealt.

A quadriplegic by the name of Jeff Lewis once said this: "Life is 10% ow what happens to you...and 90% of how you respond to it." I really try to live by that.

Later down the trial,

aj

I never rode one but had buddies that did.

My first bike was a 1939 Famous James Flying Flea (165cc) that Daddy paid $40.00 for. The next was a 125cc Jawa; then the CT90, a 125 Kawasaki enduro, a 250 Kawasaki Enduro (it sucked) and a 1969 650 Triumph 650cc Bonneville (when I was in the navy).

later,

aj

think once you are more comfortable riding it on the open road, you will really enjoy this. Just be careful of the "other guy"! Has Debbie been on it yet? :)

for the purpose of inflicting bodily harm because of all the past things that Wayne put me up to doing to you! It is like the old saying "it is easier to catch a wasp with a piece of candy than a fly swatter" or something like that... Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: :jump: :rofl: