Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Canadian Experience--- All Three Parts!!!

While visiting Mikie and Alice, we had high hopes of finding and photographing a bear. Royal and I kept our cameras around our necks most all the time, as to not let any interesting shots get by without us being able to take a photo. If we had had on our flower shirts and geek hats, we would have looked like a typical tourist. But Royal and I were given touks by Mikey, so that was our hat of choice. (Besides that, they were great for "bad hair days". :)

About the third day of my visit, I went to a neighbor's house with Mikie and Alice, to deliver a horse Alice had been training. Such an interesting place, and the lady of the house let me go inside and see her very fine collection of Indian relics she had displayed in the kitchen of her home. This collection was very impressive indeed. Not only did she have arrowheads that would come close to Cowboy's display, but she had found old Indian bowls, ladles, crusher type handles to use to grind their corn, and just several odd shaped objects that unless you knew what they were, you would just walk over them.

On our way home, Alice got excited as she spotted a black bear in a tree along the road we were driving on. As a matter of fact, there was another car stopped coming from the opposite side of the road that were obviously sitting and watching the bear. I hurried and found my camera, turned it on, and was prepared to take a photo to send to Cowboy of a real, live black bear. I knew he would like it, and it would have been a first for me, too!

Then, as we got closer, we nearly died laughing. The "bear" was actually a man who had climbed up into the tree, and was obviously picking apples and handing them down to his friend. The reason he looked like a bear from afar was because he was wearing a black coat with a hood up over his head, and he had khaki colored pants on that did not show up until we were right on him.

I carefully lowered my camera to my lap, and we waved to the apple gatherers as we passed. We all had a good laugh over this one!

The closest we came to seeing a real bear, was some claw marks that one had left on a tree in Mikey and Alice's yard. I took two photos of this, so I could share them on the forum, but I still have not received them in the mail from Royal. He put them in the mail to me last Thursday, but to date I have not received them.

Mikey, if you have a copy, could you connect them to this story? They are actually quite good when you know what you are looking for. Also, the first day I was there, Mikie and Royal took me walking Mikie and Alice's property, and I did see a Bear's den. I think I took a photo of that to. I will have to see when I get them.

So,...Cowboy, it was not for lack of looking, they just simply hid from us. Once or twice, we thought the jacks were trailing one, but we never could really prove it.

So, we sent you the photo's of Royal and the white bear that he was holding a pistol to it's head. Did you see those?

Sorry, but we tried. Glad we didn't fire a shot, as that would have been the last apple that guy had ever picked. It still was fun though, and the adrenalin was flowing for a brief time. The bear and the moose seemed to avoid us the whole time, but it was still an adventure keeping your eyes peeled hoping to find one.

Oh, well. Maybe next time we will be luckier.

Good night, everyone and I hope you found this little story humorous enough to make you smile!

Later, Sunny

snuck off without me!! I saw her treasures after you went home and they were something to see.

Had you three been in the grapes that day and I didn't know it? Mistake a man for a bear? Good thing you didn't have a gun or the poor guy would have been shot and gutten!! :D

:rofl:

Sure had our hearts going whan we saw that 'bear' though :)

calm seas

M

n/t

n/t

didn't seem interested in coming! I can't believe we didn't tell you that story tho! :) (Probably tried, but couldn't get a word in edgewise!) :lol:

inside your house with that "albino bear"! :lol: The thing about this photo that you posted above, is that these claw marks were found in your back yard, practically! I would go outside and look at the stars almost every night, but I didn't stray too far from the porch! The only thing worse than bears, would be bears that could see you but you couln't see them!!! And we also took a photo of the abandoned bear den! I thought that was pretty good! :)

did not show up, and from out vantage point, it just looked like a big ole black bear hugging a limb! :)

you might get tired of the stories. But Scott is off to beer....uh...deer camp tomorrow for four days, so maybe I will find more time to write them down! :)

When I arrived at the Kelowna airport I was so glad to get there. The greeting I received was wonderful, as I have already told you about, and by the time we had all sat down to dinner that first night, I knew I had not made a mistake, as we were all fast friends. It

and so very special!
I am happy for you......but not all that surprised, they are fine and special people as well as very good judges of character!:clapping:

given to you by some great folks. Don't you wish that you knew the complete history to it? Thanks for sharing this story, very enjoyable reading. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)