Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

11 INCH COIL VS 6 INCH COIL UNMASKING...

• Thread starter calabash digger
  • Start date
i have found about the same amount with either the 6 or 11 inch coil. i put on the 6 and say 'wow this is better" then i put on the 11 and say no 'this on one is better. i think the increased coil coverage and depth are offset by increased masking on the 11 inch. however the 6 inch is much lighter and the id is much more accurate - very few bottle cap digs -- i basically keep the 6 inch coil on most of the time.

i just wish there were more coil choices--- like everyone else

I think the 11" coil is very good and exceptional on low conductors in iron for it's size.
On some of my hunted out sites I'm combing them for every last signal, and if anything I'd be interested in how well the 15" coil compares to the 11" on tiny low conductors.

The pic shows the size of target I'm aiming for.

Better is subjective.....but detecting is a game of odds. I feel like the 11 increases my odds on the types of iron loaded sites I hunt because of the 3D see thru capabilities over the 6 inch coil. I get different soils and environment might change those odds …...

hairymonsterman said:
I think the 11" coil is very good and exceptional on low conductors in iron for it's size.
On some of my hunted out sites I'm combing them for every last signal, and if anything I'd be interested in how well the 15" coil compares to the 11" on tiny low conductors.

The pic shows the size of target I'm aiming for.
I just did a ten day hunt in the U.K. and the 15 rocked it on tiny silvers. Multiple small hammered, silver artifacts and 2 Saxon Sceats all #3 and up.
HH Jeff