Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You know how much I love dogs-what was the name of your first dog(REX) :) NT

have the fondest memories of was old Speck. He was a cross Dalmation and Pointer.

He was my best friend

have the fondest memories of was old Speck. He was a cross Dalmation and Pointer.

He was my best friend.

This is Penny with my brother Skip and Speck with my brothers.

Speck was a natural hunter but too fast for rabbits, as they would hole up and he would point phesants but when they flushed he would try to grab them, which he did too often. He was obedience trained but not trained for the field. We just had no clue how to do it.

He slept with us and ate with us. He went on my paper route with me and swimming. Rarely were we apart

n/t

I remember Daddy gettin' into a predicament or two and in my youth, decided that it was all too funny. Son! He would get irritated with me laughing at him. Later on...five minutes or so...I'd bust out again.

I thought it was funny, anyway. Daddy would glare at me. Finally, during one of my fits of held-back laughter, he just started laughing with me. Then I REALLY let it out.

Oh, the pain of helt-in laughter!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Arkie John

And had many good ones.The one that sticks out most in my mind was a English Setter bird dog we had that we named Salty.My dad got him as a pup when I was about 10 years old.Da trained him to hunt quail and when I got a little older spent many fall days over the next several years afield with my dad and Salty.When Salty got too old to hunt he was given the run of the farm and lived to be nearly 19 years old.I was a young boy when we got him and had a young boy of my own when he died.

n/t