Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Years not over 60 beach day = 2 cent piece!!!

Mark kus

This beach is a hike no detecting in park but beaches are ok working the top of the dune washout paid off I got this 1864 two cent piece beautiful condition I thought it was a Nickel!!!
Until I got home and saw the shield at first I thought a shield nickel! Never found one yet this is my second 2 cent piece nice shape to one silver dime tides were high I forgot moon tides I’ll be going back 209 silvers so far this year. A bunch of clad went into my tumblr..
Using my nox 800 beach 2 recovery 5 sensitivity 21 iron 0 me today back from the beach 10 mile hike!
HH
Wishing all a Merry Christmas
HH
Mark

Got this to $1.00 coin

Congrats I've never found a 2 cent coin. I wish when you click on the picture it would make it bigger than the original picture so we could see the details. Any Nice Dig!!!!!

Mike K "Ohio"

Click on the photo, copy image, paste it into a viewer program and enlarge it there! it works for me!

Yeeeaaaahhhhhh buddy! One of the more odd coins out there, and to find a legible one, well....almost impossible. A HOW many mile hike?? That’s a guy who wants to hunt!:lol:
Merry Xmas as well, and great coin!

Enlarged a bit thanks guys yeah I have another one I found near a beach on the bank no where near as detailed...

Thanks for the bigger pictures lol Very sweet find I hope to find 1 One day. How deep was it and what was the VDI Numbers?

Mike K "Ohio"

Mike K (Ohio) said:
Thanks for the bigger pictures lol Very sweet find I hope to find 1 One day. How deep was it and what was the VDI Numbers?

Mike K "Ohio"
To be perfectly honest I’m not sure how deep It was or VDI digging a lot of nickels and I did not even know I had dug this coin I just did not look at it because I was digging a lot of Jefferson’s today I can do a air test on it tomorrow I’ll let you know Mike..
Mark

Really nice find!!

Hay Mark.
I got one of those $1 just like yours in perfect shape under a steel slide in the sand on a beach .
They are not old.
Doug

Donut said:
Hay Mark.
I got one of those $1 just like yours in perfect shape under a steel slide in the sand on a beach .
They are not old.
Doug
I know it’s not a old coin just one of my finds yesterday
Mark

That's one nice Deuce Mark!! The VDI on my last 2 centr was a solid 23 Mike. Mine is a lot newer than yours Mark its a "65" lol!
HH Jeff

laplander said:
That's one nice Deuce Mark!! The VDI on my last 2 centr was a solid 23 Mike. Mine is a lot newer than yours Mark its a "65" lol!
HH Jeff
Thanks Jeff I know the later ones are worth significantly more less minted I was hoping mine was a shield nickel lol

Cleaned up as best as I could great detail!
Mark

Hay mark.
I’m not saying yes or no on this.
Just had a friend get one of Indian heads and he cleaned it up really nice and he used a toothpick, toothpaste and an eraser.
He said it took a while but it looks a nice.
He ( not sure on this ) I’m guessing he used the toothpaste with the eraser slowly and carefully.
Erasers are cheap at the Dollar Store.
Just a thought for you.
Doug