Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xp deus 2 for wading

Waterdog

I have a xp deus 2 with a 9 inch coil. going to take it out in the local areas in the water. Any feed back on what I can expect ?

It works well for me around water I have never used mine in the water I do not like the antenna setup
I use my manticore in the water.
I have seen a lot of people using them with no problems
Mark

I've used mine at salt-water beaches several times and have loved it. Just make sure your headphone connection (if you're using the bone conduction phones) is tight. If you're using wireless headphones, you won't be able to wade too deep into the water without interrupting the wireless signal.

If you're searching in salt water, you might need to play around with reactivity and sensitivity. I use the standard Beach mode, and the factory-set reactivity is 0, if I recall. Where I search, that leads to some false signals. When I bump it up to 1 or 1.5, though, it works great.

Anything over about 4 inch deep and you will need the antenna.. Other than that the Deus works as well in water as it does on land..

Reactions: Ism
You can use in deeper if you tilt the coil flat so you use it as a blade ,I found antenna too much bother

Ready for the weekend, I got the water kit installed. Just got a pair of Gray ghost amphibian II headphones. Hopefully ready to go :)

I use the antenna with the long wire, toss the remote over the shoulder in the case snapped to shirt collar in deeper water and use the wireless headphones. OK as long as the remote is not submerged.. Works fine for waist deep lakes/rivers.

I took the xp deus 2 out for her first water hunt, but it's no Excalibur. I did find one 1.9 gram 14kt gold ring, other bling, and change. I did find some items that were to small to stay in the scoop and after repeated attemps to find them I left them behind. I started in the first three feet and went out to about six foot deep. The Lifeguard seen me and told me that I would probally do better as the year gets later. No one had reported any lost items but a kid that was snorkling with a mask had brought up some keys. I asked her upon my exit if anyone else had been metal detecting the area. She told me that I was the only one she had seen there with a metal detector so far this year.

I took the xp deus 2 out for her first water hunt, but it's no Excalibur. I did find one 1.9 gram 14kt gold ring, other bling, and change. I did find some items that were to small to stay in the scoop and after repeated attemps to find them I left them behind. I started in the first three feet and went out to about six foot deep. The Lifeguard seen me and told me that I would probally do better as the year gets later. No one had reported any lost items but a kid that was snorkling with a mask had brought up some keys. I asked her upon my exit if anyone else had been metal detecting the area. She told me that I was the only one she had seen there with a metal detector so far this year.

Interesting, when you say "it's no excalibur" , do you mean it's not as deep when wading or diving ? I find it pretty deep in the wet sand but once I take it into the water it hits targets but not real deep targets.

Minelab Excalibur 800 purchased 1998. Since I bought it I have found 100's of pieces of Gold with it's Tone id. I often try and guess ( is it a pull tab, nickle or a Gold). After a while I could tell the difference with the tone only :)

You can buy those al over the place. I would like to Deus get a 5x8 for the Deus 2... Would be great in the woods/brush..