Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Woodworking part 1 and 2

on the Numrich web site, and it looks like I will have to get the wood, which is fine with me. I think it's prettier anyway. Scott said he thought when I first showed it to him years ago, that it would not fire. He thought maybe the firing pin might be bad. Is it dangerous once I get the stock on, and put it back together, to try and shoot it? Can you just order a firing pin for it from Numrich as well?

We went on Ebay, but did not find anything that looked really good. Not much to choose from. :)

Push the lever to the right to break open the action. Then push in on the hammer and see if the firing pin appears through the hole. Most any gunsmith can replace the firing pin at a reasonable price, especially since the stock has already been removed. The firing pins on these old guns are very strong, not easily broken. Dry firing the gun will more than likely distort the firing pin hole before breaking the firing pin.

Please hold off on buying the wood stock until I see if I can locate an original plastic stock.

Also, take the gun to a good gunsmith and he will tell you in just a few seconds if it is safe to shoot, and he will probably not charge you for doing it. A few years ago, I had an extra wood stock and forearm for this model rifle, but sold it. I will look around and see what I can find...will I get the cookies that you never sent if I find one? :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I wouldn't be afraid to shoot it without a stock on it!BUT,if you have ANY doubts take it to a gunsmith or someone who has experience with guns and let them look it over.Better safe than sorry....The firing pin will not cause it to be dangerous,it will just cause it not to fire. The firing pin is the part that strikes the shell when you pull the trigger, kinda looks like a little nail,and after much shooting they can wear down where they are not long enough to strike the shell solidly.If your gun has been in storage for a long time,make sure the inside of the barrels are not stopped up before shooting it.Numrich should have any part you need as well as a schematic drawing that shows how it is put together and all of the parts for it.Good luck and please let me know what you decide and if I can help

that have yet to be unpacked. I think I still have some gunsmith books left, and if so, you can have them. I would love for them to go to someone that would appreciate them, not stored in some box in the garage. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

told you I would send, but YOU decided you better not, because you knew Debbie would whip up on you!

IF you find a plastic stock, I would love to have it, but I insist that you let me know before you purchase one, and I will pay you for it! Okay? :)

to be okay. What I had mistakened for the safety was the button to push up for twenty two or down for shotgun. Scott said the safety was not to have it cocked!! :)

We fired it out our back door from the deck! Wonder what the neighbors are thinking??? :rofl:

And I would cherish them and gladly buy them from you.All of my life I have had a great interest in collecting and working on firearms.Especially old ones.It is kind of a sore subject with my wife,who can't understand why a man could find an old gun so interesting.It is at the point now where she says for every one I aquire,I must get rid of one!Not fair! She also takes issue with me,for sometimes working on a old gun while sitting in my recliner so I can watch football at the same time!:huh:

Seriously,It is obvious that you have lots of knowledge about guns,I bet you have worked on your share.I greatly appreciate your most generous offer

like, "It might get past her, since it's not a picture poem".

You're busted Cowboy!!! Never underestimate the power of a woman!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Your neighbors probably think you were in the process of getting "dinner"!:lol::yo::lol:

Seriously,Glad to hear the old gun has some "fire" left in it.You must show us a pic when you get it finished!I bet you never dreamed you would ever learn "gunsmithing" on this forum!!:surprised: