Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wireless Head Phones

Tinfoil

I had my V3 updated to the V3I when the update first came out. The machine is so to say, is brand new. Just never used it. Have never used the Wireless head phones. I want to start playing around with my V3I again. See if I can learn it all over again. Just gave up last time. It was just a lot of things you had to do to get it to run deep and then I was not impressed. Do the wireless head phones work on the V3i without any delay. I read somewhere they gave up on something on the V3i I just want to know if the Wireless phones work ok and no delay. I just always used my Timber wolfs on it or my Shadow phones and never the Wireless phones.

I have all the different coils for the V3i but I liked the 6x8 SEF the best of all of them and the Shooter coil since I hunt only the iron and trash. My Question is how do you match it up to the machine. Do I go to Configure to do the matching and do I substitute the 6x8SEF DD for the 6x10DD Eclipse coil or do I configure the 6x8SEF to the Shooter coil since there is no configure for the SEF coil. Which one would you configure to be able to use the SEF coil. Or is there even a way to configure the different coils to the V3i.

Also where in the configure part of the coil matching part and how do I get there. I have never done any matching up of the coils just put them on and hunted with them. Maybe that is why I never got much depth out of the machine. I am just sort of lost . Matter of fact the whole damn Detector is the most complicated Detector I have and it is only one of 18 more detectors that I have. Just a whole lot of trouble it seems for me.

Also are there anymore Updates that need to done to the old updated original V3i. Any Help will be greatly appreciated. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil.

Wireless headphones work fine with no delay.

Coil selection on the menu only fine tunes your depth reading on the display. It does not make it detect deeper. If you select the 6X10, it should be pretty close, I don't know how to get there but should be pretty easy to look up in the manual.

If you have the V3i, I think it is the latest software version.

Tinfoil the v can punch deep . Just don't crank the sensitivity way up its a much better machine at the lower rx sen

Well I am going to give it another chance. I am just not interested in a 8 inch machine. Got a couple of them. Thanks for the input. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Howdy Tinfoil--

It's real easy to get to "Loop Selection". Just press "Menu Tab" twice. Loop Selection will appear at the top of your screen then press arrow left or arrow right until the desired coil appears. Squeeze and release the trigger and you are set.

Try not to let the various setting options intimidate or frustrate you. I see that you have been registered on Findmall for 10 years so I know that you are an experienced detectorist. The same principles of detecting that apply to other detectors apply to the V3i: Discrimination, sensitivity, recovery , filters. Concentrate on fine tuning those settings to meet your detecting goals and you will be fine. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks for the loop location. I was surprised it only affects the depth readout 0n the signugraph not the actual depth as in getting better performance out of the coil it's self. This is the second time around with this machine. Yep, I just got to get down to fine tuning it. I got medium dirt down here so no reason I can't get more then 8"s out of it. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil